Season 3, how good was it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 3, how good was it?

I loved the first season. The second season, not so much. This was largely because of the change in tone. The first season was dark, spooky, mysterious. The second season got a little goofy after Ashley was killed off. I enjoyed it overall, but... it didn't have the same draw as the first season. Consequently, I haven't bothered with the third season. Overall, without spoiling anything, how would you rate it? Is it comparable to Season 1, 2, both, or is it a fresh new tone?

this season was epic...especially the ending (Invasiooooooooon) and of course that Second World War flashback was amazing...I just loved this season but without the first two it wont be so good of course...it was nice refreshing...every Sanctuary season seems to me somehow different and thats good cause this type of series could start to be quite boring after few eps
    sigpic

Comment

I loved season 3!
      There were weaker episodes but most of them were awesome. I am satisfied with season 3.
      Especially the ending. What a great plot for next season. I can't wait.
      Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
      / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        I loved the first season. The second season, not so much. This was largely because of the change in tone. The first season was dark, spooky, mysterious. The second season got a little goofy after Ashley was killed off. I enjoyed it overall, but... it didn't have the same draw as the first season. Consequently, I haven't bothered with the third season. Overall, without spoiling anything, how would you rate it? Is it comparable to Season 1, 2, both, or is it a fresh new tone?
        Agreed. S02 felt a little off, but S03 is amazing. It does have the 2 weakest eps of the whole show. But it also has the best. Overall in 20 eps you have 2 bad ones and maybe another one that could have been better.
        Possitive balance
        Plus the best season finale yet.
        Last edited by kes; 29 June 2011, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Overall i loved S3...i think like most people there were only 2 episodes that i really didn't like. They didn't really fit in with the rest of the show. Could have done with out them. But once they were over, it was back to some amazing sanctuary. Loved all the Tesla episodes. He seriously needs to be a regular.
          sigpic
          Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Without having rewatched them all, I'd give season 3 a B+.

Comment

I consider it pretty mediocre.

I consider the entire show pretty mediocre.

But I still like it and will watch it.

From my point of view I've read and seen a lot of sci-fi in my time, and so far I haven't really seen anything special or very original. For instance, The Fantastic four has been up against weird creatures from outer space, and some of them giant too.

And one of the biggest show's weaknesses is these huge events don't really seem to leave any kind of lasting effect or influence on them of some sort anyway.

Usually, these kinds of events would have some sort of lasting effect on the people who experienced them. But with these guys they never change. Almost like a reset button.

For example of the kind of thing I mean, Will's been transformed twice and was a Disciple of Kali and almost killed for it. Shouldn't he have some sort of complex about this happening (and it WILL happen again)?

And if I had met THE Nicola Tesla, or THE Sherlock Holmes, I'd have so many questions for him that it's not even funny.

For example, one of the legends about THE Tesla is that he might be behind the Tunguska blast.

If the writers were smart, they would turn that into a story as well.

But overall, I like the show and will continue to watch it.
              Last edited by Galileo_Galilee; 29 June 2011, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I think season 3 was better than season 1, which I am just watching again. IMO the show has grown and been better with each new season. There were 2 episodes this year that I did not like but the rest were either good or great.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I think the biggest weakness with s3 was that it was 20 episodes, so they had to 'fill' and some of what they filled with were below what I'd call 'good' or 'strong' (not bad per se, but you almost had to be a fan of a certain character to fully enjoy the episode)
                  I think the stories got a bit bigger and broader. Less monster of the week, and more an over all arc.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I Loved season 1 and i think that will remain the best season so far, but there were some definte stand out episodes in season 3. I liked the fact that they can have a season long running arc, Loved the character of Worth, Loved the flashback episodes, although there were a few epsiodes that could be considered worst of the series so far, overall i enjoyed it and ill give it a vote that brings it just under season 1 in my book
                    sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

season 1 seemed to be universe building....introducing the bits and pieces that are the history of the show

season 2 felt awkward with ashley's departure and kate's intro - almost as if the idea was kinda put upon them late in s1 and they were scrambling to figure it out and how to fit it into the arc, so there really wasn't one (not that that's a bad thing, trek existed for decades without overriding plot arcs)

then in season 3 they seemed to have found their equilibrium again. There was some unevenness...such as it seems that different writers have different ideas about will...is he a qualified replacement for Magnus, or his he the adventursome 'kid' having a lark and enjoying himself, or his he a young man trying to start his life?.....he's been all 3 depending on the episode.

for s4, let's hope they've figured the characters out again and there's more 'tweaking the story to fit the character' rather than making the character fit a story, even if they are OOC to do it.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        I think the biggest weakness with s3 was that it was 20 episodes, so they had to 'fill' and some of what they filled with were below what I'd call 'good' or 'strong' (not bad per se, but you almost had to be a fan of a certain character to fully enjoy the episode)
                        I think the stories got a bit bigger and broader. Less monster of the week, and more an over all arc.
                        I hope they keep the season arc. I dont mind a stand alone ep and they can do that and advance the story arc at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                          I hope they keep the season arc. I dont mind a stand alone ep and they can do that and advance the story arc at the same time.
                          I totally agree. I love the fact that they could have a main Antaognist (sp?) and still have monster of the week stand alone episodes...

My Main Wish for S4 is that i hope they dwell more into the back story of Will, more about what actaully happened with his mother etc, because to be honest i find Will an annoying character mainly because i don't think he has any depth... hopefully tho it can come with time
                          sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                            I too loved the first season due to the mysteriousness, and each eppy seemed to add to the overall season arc. It was an intelligent show with a quick wit without being condescending or too silly - that's my kind of show.

Season 2 had some good episodes, but there were too many standalone episodes, so for me the season didn't blend well overall. I thought the best of s2 was the first three eppys, which was a mini-arc.

Considering all three seasons I think the writers make bold decisions about characters and storyarcs, for the suspense factor and later try to correct or rewrite portions of it to fit the current episode. It doesn't mean the show is bad, there is just not as much consistency as I would like. It's more a pet-peeve of mine. Still there are very good episodes in s3. And I'm interested in how they will do S4.

My opinion with a Grade scale
                            S1 = A
                            s2 = low B
                            s3 = high B
                            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 30 June 2011, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Well, I seem to be in the minority here, because S2 is my favourite.

Greanted, S3 has amazing episodes. I won't deny that. Somes of my favourite eps are in season 3, but as many have said, some of the weakest were there too.

I preferred the show when there were more 'abnormals of the week'. Don't get me wrong, I like what they've done with it, but I got the impression some arcs where streched a bit. By the end of Vigilante, I wanted them to move on from Hollow Earth a bit. Too bad the episode that did move on in the back half weren't that good. Perhaps that's why I'm feeling a bit 'meh' at this season. :/

I thought S1 had done a great job of managing story arcs and stand alones. The Cabal started small in Fata Morgana and it evolved: The Five, Warriors and the finale. That was great for me as there were stand alones that advanded the general plotline. S2 was lacking a story arc maybe, but it's still my favourite I think.

But as I said, I appear to be in the minority here. We'll see what happens with S4. I still ADORE the show and I trust MAD to make it good.

Overall, Season 3 is still a must watch. No doubt on that.
                              sigpic
                              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Working...
                              X