This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MelissaAdams View Post
    Actually Jelgate I'd disagree with that. I'm not happy about the 'demotion' to 13 episodes but if I recall right there as interview with Keith Beedie or a comment that Sanctuary is already past the break even point halfway through season 3 so it would now be making money something it did not do in the previous two 13 episode seasons.

If I had to guess from my gut from what I recall and have taken a look at quickly I'd say this change was a Sanctuary powers that be decision due to them developing for supposedly this year according to rumor the SyFy show Sherwood!!! Amanda, Damian and Martin are the executive producers and why it's unlikely it would take up as much time as Sanctuary and that they are not 'starring' in it, at least I don't think, it's probably almost impossible to produce, direct, and perhaps star or guest in not one but two shows for the same network no less all in one year.

Just my thoughts, could be right or wrong honestly.
    Um I have no idea what you are trying to say
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Actually my point was that I believe the Sanctuary reduced season is a Sanctuary powers that be decision because they are working on that new series as executive producers, Sherwood which is supposed to air on SyFy this year. I maybe wrong however.

SyFy has lots of what they call 'new shows' but like the show Being Human, they likely suck rocks. Sanctuary or the occassional repeat episode of SG1, SGA or even SGU are why I even watch that station.
      Sanctuary RULES!!!!
      Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        Wow, wow, wow, wow, I can not believe how royally bad I feel. I don't care what anyone says, to me, 13 is a big step down and a bit of an insult. Someone on twitter said- I have the unpleasant impression that 13 episodes is like a punishment, a regression. I'm so upset right now.

I agree with them 200%. The show was getting, bigger and better all the time, and now it seems it's going to go the opposite way. I'm not proud that I feel this disappointed, and I thought when the news about S4 came out, I'd be overjoyed, instead I'm feeling a monumentally disappointed.
        While I'm disapointed myself, I remember that my all time favourite TV Show got that kind of demotion. First season was 13 eps, second - 26th, third and fourth - 13th. I was really sad and frustrated at first, but they were still airing, so I was happy. The two last seaons are the best they made!

I guess I'll have to learn to feel the same way about Sanctuary.
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Well, apparently it is official. Even the "Sanctuary Series" people are making the announcement.....

SANCTUARY IS RETURNING THIS FALL WITH A 13 EPISODE SEASON!

Glad to hear that but I have to wonder, why 13 episode? Was that a Sanctuary idea or a SyFy idea? I'm wondering if the 20 episodes proved to be too much because it is a "smaller" company or did the SyFy just prefer it that way or what? Plus the PTB of Sanctuary are also coming out with a new show called Sherwood. Coming out in about a year or so I believe, but it still means they are working on it as well. Or did the SyFy people just make an arbitrary decision. Personally, I hope it was a Sanctuary choice!
          when i first heard it was renewed, it was , but then heard it was 13 instead of 20, and i was , but quickly followed by again.

i'm wondering if this was sanctuary ptb's decision, to help with the maybe overwhelming work load. didn't we hear that it takes 30 weeks to make/post produce each episode?

so i'm still very happy to hear it's been renewed, but i'd still like to hear why the drop back to 13 eps. but 13 is better than *nothing*!

~Sanctuary rocks!~
          sally

sigpic

Comment

The show was getting, bigger and better all the time, and now it seems it's going to go the opposite way. I'm not proud that I feel this disappointed, and I thought when the news about S4 came out, I'd be overjoyed, instead I'm feeling a monumentally disappointed.
            (((rocky)))

after how long it was taking to reveal anything, i was fearing the worst and that it wouldn't be renewed. so i AM relieved it's getting a season 4, but also a little bit bummed that it's down to 13 again.

BUT, again, rocky, 13 is better than ZERO. (that's 13 hours of seeing amanda/helen)

but still, i understand feeling down in fandom stuff... a lot. A LOT. (((rocky)))
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              when i first heard it was renewed, it was , but then heard it was 13 instead of 20, and i was , but quickly followed by again.

i'm wondering if this was sanctuary ptb's decision, to help with the maybe overwhelming work load. didn't we hear that it takes 30 weeks to make/post produce each episode?

so i'm still very happy to hear it's been renewed, but i'd still like to hear why the drop back to 13 eps. but 13 is better than *nothing*!

~Sanctuary rocks!~
              I HATE this idea, I'm am over the moon disappointed and upset. The show earned 20 episodes last season, and now they've had that taken away from them. I think back to how the cast and crew felt when they got the 20 episode order, and they all looked so happy and excited (I can post like a dozen links to interviews right now to show you) and now it's back down to 13. Amanda talked quite a bit at cc and elsewhere of the longer season, saying how great it was for the show, and now Syfy takes it away. I thought this day would be a wonderful day for me, but instead, it's been a monumentally low.

Comment

I HATE this idea, I'm am over the moon disappointed and upset. The show earned 20 episodes last season, and now they've had that taken away from them. I think back to how the cast and crew felt when they got the 20 episode order, and they all looked so happy and excited (I can post like a dozen links to interviews right now to show you) and now it's back down to 13. Amanda talked quite a bit at cc and elsewhere of the longer season, saying how great it was for the show, and now Syfy takes it away. I thought this day would be a wonderful day for me, but instead, it's been a monumentally low.
                honey, it might not be syfy's doing.

also remember that the very first time a 20 episode suggestion was even brought up, amanda wondered if it would be too much for them.

let's wait to find out if it was the sanct's ptb decision.

but even if it was syfy's, they still renewed it, and we're still going to get 13 glorious episodes to see this series.

Spoiler:
                and after this crap feeling runs it's course, it won't seem 'as' bad as at first. we're still going to see helen. STILL.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Yay! Not too fused about the 13 eps, 13 is better than nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    honey, it might not be syfy's doing.

also remember that the very first time a 20 episode suggestion was even brought up, amanda wondered if it would be too much for them.

let's wait to find out if it was the sanct's ptb decision.

but even if it was syfy's, they still renewed it, and we're still going to get 13 glorious episodes to see this series.

Spoiler:
                    and after this crap feeling runs it's course, it won't seem 'as' bad as at first. we're still going to see helen. STILL.
                    I'm sorry, but I don't see anything clearing up anytime soon. This is just so not fair, and I'm just so disappointed about how much smaller Sanctuary is going to be.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything clearing up anytime soon. This is just so not fair, and I'm just so disappointed about how much smaller Sanctuary is going to be.

Comment

So I guess I'm the only one who thinks that season 3 so far has been unfocused and uneven? Some episodes plodded along with one storyline, others crammed three separate stories into 45 minutes, diluting the impact of them all. Plotlines were raised then forgotten about for episodes (like the priest guy) then resolved simply.

To me, season 3 has felt like they had more time than they knew what to do with and it resulted in a meandering, unfocused progression. I almost stopped caring about the hollow earth line because it was introduced in episode 2 then wasn't addressed again in any significant manner until episode 7/8.

A limited episode order often results in tighter, faster paced storytelling because it becomes necessary.

Comment

so pleased sanctuary been renewed and especially happy for amanda as thats two sci fi hit shows she has been in back to back.
                          sigpic
                          The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                            so pleased sanctuary been renewed and especially happy for amanda as thats two sci fi hit shows she has been in back to back.
                            I wish, more than anything I could be happy about this, but to me, there's not much to celebrate. I don't know why people are using the word "renewed" it doesn't feel like that to me, more like just tossed out incomplete. It deserved a longer season.

Comment

I know this is a repeat of an early posting I made on a similar thread but:

First and foremost...SANCTUARY is coming back!

Now as for the 13 episodes....have you ever though that maybe with all the post production work that AT, DK and MW have to personally do that they don't have enough time to do that and get their new series SHERWOOD ready for production. It could have been by their request. Remember, they are also thinking of the future for their new company. Having more than one production out there can help a lot. I have no idea what the real reason is, but I am sure that eventually we will know the facts.

If it turns out to by the SyFy channel that did it, maybe the Sanctuary show is too expensive for 20 episodes. Maybe 13 episodes works best within their budget. Who knows. Time will tell. Besides the only really important issue in this matter is:

SANCTUARY IS RETURNING FOR SEASON 4
                              sigpic

Comment

First SGU, now Sanctuary, for all I know they will start to get rid of Merlin to, then I am gone for good, bye bye Syfy.

Comment

Working...
                                X