No announcement yet.

Will Sanctuary live past 5 Seasons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would like to see go on more and try to make it to a 100 episodes.

Comment

Could it go more than 5 seasons? Sure but it depends on a number of factors. Ratings are part of it and Sanctuary's are good. You also have to consider the cost, as others have said, the longer the show goes the more the cast and crew will be paid. There is also the potential burnout factor, especially for AT, DK and MW. They are playing mutiple roles in the show and work long hours. Now the season is 20 episodes they are working longer stretches. AT said at an event that she hoped the show goes 5 seasons but that could have been hopes for at least 5 seasons.

There was also a recent article where Mr. Beddie mentioned his investment in the show is only now turning a profit. Maybe they will keep the show going more than 5 years to maximize the returns. Here's hoping!
      Last edited by EH-T; 19 December 2010, 11:17 AM.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
        With the show getting a 4th Season, I thought I'd ask if people think that Sanctuary will live past 5 Seasons? I mean, considering Syfy's (back when they were Sci-Fi) habit of giving shows a maximum of 5 Seasons examples:

I am hopeful that they have come out of that annoying cycle, so pretty optimistic that we will see at lest 6 or 7 Seasons of the show. I will be VERY impressed if it surpasses SG-1's run.
        Has a 4th season been confirmed yet? I'd like to think Sanctuary will make a minimum of 5... if it surpassed it that would be great

Originally posted by kv0921 View Post
        Don't forget ratings, as far as we could know all those shoes didn't bring in ratings, depending in time slots and the days they were on.
        Talking of ratings, it maybe doesn't make a huge difference but ratings were something I really worried about in the UK when they decided to give Sky this season of Sanctuary. I - like quite a few other fans, unfortunately don't have sky. So there goes a proportion of the ratings based on ITV's lack of pick up....
        sigpic
        ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
          Has a 4th season been confirmed yet? I'd like to think Sanctuary will make a minimum of 5... if it surpassed it that would be great
          Yes, I'd like the 4th to be officially confirmed first, I know it will likely happen but you never know. I think there's definitely enough material for at least 5 seasons, this 3rd season has done nothing BUT show us these guys are capable of opening up this universe so much more. I also think they might pair it with "Riese" if that ends up being ordered to TV given the crossover in casts and background, though that would mean moving it out of its timeslot.

Comment

Working...
          X