This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    so it's been confirmed that sanctuary is going back to fridays. (at least the s4 premier is )

so here's the question...

let's say s4 has the same ratings as s3 (not counting the mon ratings, just all the friday ones); are those ratings good enough for an s5 renewal?

thoughts? opinions?
    I don't know much about the ratings and what's considered good, but I'd like to say YES, they're good enough for a s5
    *stays hopeful*

Because what am I supposed to look forwards to if there's no more Sanctuary
    sigpic
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

You're probably going to hate me but I think the move to Friday is bad news.... It seems to me like Syfy realized but will never admit that the show is fragile. Moving it back to Fridays means that to me: " Oh well, at least for its last season we'll get decent ratings".

I'm being a bit pessimistic I know, but if the ratings don't improve, considering that every year a show is more expensive, I'm not sure it will be renewed.

Besides Eureka's been canceled and it did better than Sanctuary (thank God Sanctuary for being cheaper to produce).

Of course, I expect you not to agree with me, but I'm just trying to be a little realistic.

Well, let's wait and see
      sigpic

Comment

let's say s4 has the same ratings as s3 (not counting the mon ratings, just all the friday ones); are those ratings good enough for an s5 renewal?

thoughts? opinions?
        Since I'm not an expert in these matters, all I can say it that I *hope* numbers will be good enough for getting season 5.
        sigpic

Comment

so it's been confirmed that sanctuary is going back to fridays. (at least the s4 premier is )

thoughts? opinions?
          I hope Sanctuary can recuperate from all this jumping around. I'm relieved its back on Fridays cos Mondays obviously didnt work, at least in the fall season with all the big sharks (once again I so wish Sanctuary had started on the summer? Do You think it would have done as good as for ex WH13?).
          As for the rating being enough with Sanctuary its really hard to say. Shows get more expensive but Sanctuary is different and they just gained a few more countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Abnormal View Post
            You're probably going to hate me but I think the move to Friday is bad news.... It seems to me like Syfy realized but will never admit that the show is fragile. Moving it back to Fridays means that to me: " Oh well, at least for its last season we'll get decent ratings".

I'm being a bit pessimistic I know, but if the ratings don't improve, considering that every year a show is more expensive, I'm not sure it will be renewed.

Besides Eureka's been canceled and it did better than Sanctuary (thank God Sanctuary for being cheaper to produce).

Of course, I expect you not to agree with me, but I'm just trying to be a little realistic.

Well, let's wait and see
            i kind of agree with you. or, i'm afraid this is right.

i think part of the reason sanctuary was moved off fri was to expose it to more viewers (mondays have more ppl watching tv than fri). it's not that sanct's mon ratings actually failed, it's that ppl chose to watch something else, but record sanctuary to watch later. there was *proof* that ppl were doing that, but ratings are only truly important (for advertisers) when they're live/same day, so...

i'm hoping that sanct's ratings increase (duh ), and that they're enough to give it a season 5.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

i'm hoping that sanct's ratings increase (duh ), and that they're enough to give it a season 5.
              Sally, I do hope the ratings increase for many reasons. First, we do want a season five to follow the season four cliff-hanger. Next, has anyone noticed that we were spoiled in the summer with all the original scripted shows on Syfy? But take a look at the fall. Neverland (Peter Pan not Michael Jackson) will air in December but what Fall scripted program will be carrying the weight of this dying medium? SANCTUARY! Yes, they need high ratings for the sanctuary fans but also for all the fans of smart/non-reality science fiction/fantasy series. Go Sanctuary! Go all you shows that have led the way (Star Trek, Stargates, Farscape, Battlestar Galatica, Eureka, Warehouse 13....)!

Comment

thoughts? opinions?
                Season 3 saw a pretty significant jump in Live+7 when it moved to Monday, which meant people were obviously DVR'ing the show on Monday so they could watch other primetime shows live. With the move back to Friday, you have to hope those Live+7 people become Live viewers. With less competition on Friday it is very possible.

My opinion, anything north of 1.5 Million viewers live should be good enough for a Season 5 pickup. Again, my opinion.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  Season 3 saw a pretty significant jump in Live+7 when it moved to Monday, which meant people were obviously DVR'ing the show on Monday so they could watch other primetime shows live. With the move back to Friday, you have to hope those Live+7 people become Live viewers. With less competition on Friday it is very possible.

My opinion, anything north of 1.5 Million viewers live should be good enough for a Season 5 pickup. Again, my opinion.
                  thank you for your opinion, brian.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Sort of off topic but has anyone heard anything about Alphas? We know the fate of W13 and Eureka but I haven't heard anything about Alphas which I am taking as a bad sign. I wonder how much Alphas cost to make? I think It is making pretty good numbers I think but if it costs a lot to make I don't think it will be back.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post
                      Sort of off topic but has anyone heard anything about Alphas? We know the fate of W13 and Eureka but I haven't heard anything about Alphas which I am taking as a bad sign. I wonder how much Alphas cost to make? I think It is making pretty good numbers I think but if it costs a lot to make I don't think it will be back.
                      Alphas should be renewed, it is a brand new series averaging 2 Million viewers.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Alphas should be renewed, it is a brand new series averaging 2 Million viewers.
                        \

But isn't it a bad sign they haven't announced anything yet - I mean they only have like 4 episodes left in the season? Also, didn't Eureka get cancelled with these numbers? I know Eureka has been around awhile and there were budget concerns but if Alphas started out with a higher budget they could be in trouble right?
                        sigpic

Comment

I just read this on twitter:
                          @KathrynDowney:
                          Vancouver is ending tax breaks for tv shows/films? What a blow to the industry! Goodbye Vancouver Sci-fi.
                          Can anyone confirm? If its true its really bad for Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                            I just read this on twitter:

Can anyone confirm? If its true its really bad for Sanctuary.
                            I took that tweet, and asked that on twitter, and I got this answer from WHR-

@WormholeRiders Hi @GateworldRocky cities like San Francisco offering huge tax breaks to move shows here. #Sanctuary in SF @ Sutro Cliff House would be GR8-

What do y'all make of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

@WormholeRiders Hi @GateworldRocky cities like San Francisco offering huge tax breaks to move shows here. #Sanctuary in SF @ Sutro Cliff House would be GR8-

That she doesn't know what's going on in Vancouver.
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post

Wishful thinking. Wouldn't happen. They are too happy to be 100% Canadian to move to the States.
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X