No announcement yet.

The Sanctuary Challenges Art Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey! Mind if I squeeze in some last minute challenge art?

Sigs and Icons:

And a bonus one

Awesome stuff guys!
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Wow . . . So many great pieces! Everyone did such a great job.

I don't really care what the next challenge is, as long as it has to do with episode 1.
      sigpic
      || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Nad!!! I'm glad you joined us!
        I really like your new art making style
        awesome work!

Comment

Hey Nad I'm really glad that you "squeeze" in haha
          Awesome work ... Especially I Love the first banner ...
          The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
          sigpic

Comment

Nad, I love it. You did a grea job. And you have to submit your art in the next challenge too I am looking forward to see it.
            Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
            / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
              Nad, I love it. You did a grea job. And you have to submit your art in the next challenge too I am looking forward to see it.
              btw what's next challenge ?
              sigpic

Comment

Challenge 2
                Sanctuary For All Part 1

Size of Avatars : mostly 100x100 or 200 x 200
                Size of Banners : it is up to you
                Size of Walls : 800x600 / 1024x768 / 1280x800

You can submit three pictures per group ( 3 avatars, 3 banners, 3 walls ) if you want.
                You can submit your art into every group.
                Send your art here until next Sunday ( 25th ) and please, keep your art in one post.
                There has to be "Sanctuary Re-Watch" name on your artwork.

Details Confirmed.

Bring it on !

P.S. I hope everything is ok. And I made a banner for this challenge but it isn't anything special. So please excuse me.
                Last edited by Samantha.Majka; 19 July 2010, 01:18 AM.

Comment

So let's discuss about this episode.

What was your first feeling or opinion about this episode?
                  Did you like Helen's hair?
                  Is there something what you would do differently then crew from Sanctuary?
                  Did you like the idea about Jack the Ripper and about Ashley's past?

Feel free to answer these question or just discuss about it.

Comment

I know this is kinda long, but I had a lot of thoughts . . .

So, some of my thoughts while rewatching the premiere episode of Sanctuary.

Being a Stargate fan as well, I remember wondering if Amanda Tapping could be anyone other than Samantha Carter. I don't know why I doubted her acting ability! I am also rewatching Stargate SG-1 and am amazed at Amanda's ability to separate herself from the character of Carter, whom she played for so long and create another strong female lead. Although I am sure that the hair color change and the accent helped, I see Helen Magnus as completely different actress. I loved her hair, though! So much better than it was in the webisodes. Some people can't get away with blonde and brunette/black but she totally can.

It is crazy to look back at this episode and think of everything we have learned about Helen Magnus, yet still how much we don't know. I read a review where someone called her an enigma (somebody or something that is not easily explained or understood). I totally agree. Having lived for so long, there is so much left to explain about her. I can't help but make comparisons between Sanctuary and Stargate SG-1 since I am rewatching them both. Helen is kind of like the Catherine Langford character who took Daniel Jackson from a place where he wasn't understood and brought him to a place where his unique talents were appreciated and needed.

Of course, Will Zimmerman is like the Daniel Jackson character. Again, watching this episode and knowing how much their friendship deepens, makes me smile. He thinks she is crazy! His character is a great match for Magnus. He is confident in his skills, but hasn't had anyone who believed in him. I think he is a little overwhelmed with everything that Magnus has shown him, as well as her confidence in him. I love how she wanted to put him right to work! Also, I had forgotten all about Meg! I liked her and was looking forward to seeing her again throughout the show, but . . . oh well.

Ashley . . . I miss her. I was so excited when Magnus said that Ashley was her daughter. It made the character a little more grounded and gave another side to her. Also, the first thing that came to my mind was "Who's the father?" LOL. I think that Ashley is what Helen might have been at one time. I like to think that Magnus wasn't always controlled, that she had a rebellious stage. But, Ashley definitely has some of her father in her.

I did not think that I would get used to Big Guy. This first episode was kind of awkward. But, that is how Will felt, awkward. So I guess as an audience, we got used to him along with Will. I did not know until several episodes later that Christopher Heyerdahl played both John and Big Foot!
                    sigpic
                    || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Hey Leah. I read all your post and I have to agree with you.
                      I am a huge StarGate Fan ( especially Sam's - Amanda's fan ). When I heard that Amanda would play black haired strong woman, I was like : "What? How will she look like? Black hair?"
                      After episode one I was totally in love with her. With her charm , with her hair and with everything what they though about her. Helen became my Goddess.
                      I really quickly fell in love with her.
                      About Ashley. I liked her character and I am glad that she was Helen's daughter. It was like after Helen's death, she can control Sanctuary network instead of Helen. And I think that Em played Ashley very well.

Will is a stand-alone chapter for me. He is smart, he is sexy .. he has everything what a girl like me would wish for. Even if I prefer Helen

And I have the same feeling about BigGuy. But I got used to him well. I don't mind him anymore.

Comment

Yay, my Mojo cam back to me Yay. I ma happy. I have made only one banner and a coupple of avatars.

Helen Magnus challenge

http://nd03.jxs.cz/972/056/11550b93ca_67114638_o2.jpg
                        love the pic on the left in the banner it is SOOOO cute

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                        I have only the sig/banner
                        i only had the three myself... most of my stuff is sam or AT...

great work everyone
                        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Thanks Kat. I am glad you like it. And yes, everyone did a gread job.

Comment

BUMP for this thread. I hope you know that it is Saturday today

Comment

BUMP for this thread. I hope you know that it is Saturday today
                              haha I haven't forgotten this time xD
                              I'll work on something for the challenge later

oh just a suggestion for the next wek challenge. it would be a little uncomfortable for some of us to make artwork about a certain character (not everybody might like him) so I wonder if it's not better for example to have as a theme just "a male character" and everyone can choose the character to make artwork about. It goes the same with female character and ships

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
                                haha I haven't forgotten this time xD
                                I'll work on something for the challenge later

oh just a suggestion for the next wek challenge. it would be a little uncomfortable for some of us to make artwork about a certain character (not everybody might like him) so I wonder if it's not better for example to have as a theme just "a male character" and everyone can choose the character to make artwork about. It goes the same with female character and ships
                                You got point there Criss
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X