Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    so pretty...

i wish, though, that less photo shopping would be done. blemishes and wrinkles exist on ppl, and can be quite attractive too.
    And freckles.

Comment

Amanda heading home

Thank you NZ!!! Had a fabulous time @Armageddonexpo. At airport now. Exhausted and happy!! xoxoxo
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Another Picture of Amanda by Dennys Ilic Photography

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
        Her eyes! Even the photographer commented that he was getting lost in those eyes...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Amanda's back home.

Home!! Sincere Thanks for all the #Monsoon comments. Diversity of opinions is welcome. Sanctuary for all is not an empty motto. Namaste xo

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

The new portraits of Amanda taken in Australia last month were for the Women of Sci-Fi Calendar

And Amanda has three pics in this, the cover and the months of August and December.

Comment

Like most people here, I have a list of Stargate actors that I'd love to make a guest appearance on Sanctuary. Perhaps one or more of them will actually show up in the future. But something else I've been thinking about for a while now...wishing Amanda could play another character on the show. Chris Heyerdahl is truly amazing as Biggie and John Druitt. If it had not been revealed to the world that he played both those roles, no one could possibly guess. I confess that I didn't suspect Robin Dunne was Spring-Heeled Jack in Tempus. Robin also got to be Capt. Jack Zimmerman in Normandy and also Barney (Helen's former protege) in one of the webisodes. Couldn't Helen have a distant relative who looks a lot like her? Interestingly enough, Amanda got to play many different versions of Sam Carter (There But For the Grace of God, Point of View, Mobious, Ripple Effect) and there was RepliCarter, but not a totally different character. I'm not really interested in seeing EvilMagnus, but Amanda playing someone else in the Sanctuary world.

It seems highly unlikely that I'll get my wish - of Amanda playing a different character - but I hope we get more of Helen throughout the years. I love to see her in different eras.

One more thing - remember Jimmy's line in Penance, "Love the hair." That implies that the last time Jimmy (Michael Shanks) saw Magnus, her hair was different. So how long had it been since they saw each other and what was her hair like the last time they met?
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Magnus apparently went from brunette to some different color (perhaps back to blond or red again) when she first met Jimmy ten years ago and then went back to being a brunette again. In the pictures of the intro you can see 'Magnus' with 'Ashley' (AT & Olivia, I think) and her hair is still brown there. So it was a nice reference back to their Stargate days, but a bit of an inconsistency unless Magnus likes to change her color more than once in a decade.
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              Magnus apparently went from brunette to some different color (perhaps back to blond or red again) when she first met Jimmy ten years ago and then went back to being a brunette again. In the pictures of the intro you can see 'Magnus' with 'Ashley' (AT & Olivia, I think) and her hair is still brown there. So it was a nice reference back to their Stargate days, but a bit of an inconsistency unless Magnus likes to change her color more than once in a decade.
                              Perhaps Helen's hair was more black (a la the webisode wig) than dark brown at one point. Or she could have been a brunette the entire time, but just had a different hairstyle when she last saw Jimmy. Maybe Jimmy was commenting on the fact that Helen was wearing her hair longer than he had seen it previously. I think Amanda can pull off lots of different looks, so it would be interesting to see how Helen wore her hair 10/15/20 years earlier.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

True, but the style in the picture with Ashley looks very similar as to how she wears her hair these days I can only imagine all the different hairstyles and -colors she's had over time! We know she's a blond but she's also been a red head with short(er) hair and has had her hair light brown, dark brown and blackish, sometimes straight and other times curly.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X