evaluation of Kate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    ^do you think she'll backslide? I think if her family's threatened, her loyalty to the Sanctuary would be iffy.
    I think that'd be something interesting to explore if Kate sticks around for S3. She was kinda tested in Hero and managed to save her brother without betraying the Sanctuary, but her loyalty hasn't really been questioned since.

Poor Agam was in the unenviable position of coming in while we were dealing with the loss of Ashley. And I don't think she was written very well in the early eps--pretty cliched. They're at least trying to develop her character a bit.
    and I find her more interesting than invisi-girl. I was really afraid they were going to make *her* a regular.
    I think they thankfully toned down a lot of her rather over-the-top 'bad girl' attitude as the season progressed, which is what I disliked the most early on since as you said it was quite cliche. I still wouldn't say I'm a fan of the character but she has grown on me the past few episodes, she adds a bit of irreverence to the show like Henry that I think is good since Helen and Will are often so earnest/serious.

sigpic

Comment

From the beginning I never hated the character but I didn't rave over her either. Although she's really grown on me (especially after the last few episodes), I think she gives the show a bit of an energy kick. I wouldn't pin her up at as my favourite character but I think she has more substance than Ashley...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        ^do you think she'll backslide? I think if her family's threatened, her loyalty to the Sanctuary would be iffy.

....and I find her more interesting than invisi-girl. I was really afraid they were going to make *her* a regular.
        I think being tested might help me. No way does somebody turn and stick to their loyalties that fast. I would agree she is better than invisi-girl, who I had high hopes for as a new member of "The Five", but just turned into Will's girlfriend.

Is it just me or do TPTB seem to be moving the story away from "The Five"?

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
        I think that'd be something interesting to explore if Kate sticks around for S3. She was kinda tested in Hero and managed to save her brother without betraying the Sanctuary, but her loyalty hasn't really been questioned since.

I think they thankfully toned down a lot of her rather over-the-top 'bad girl' attitude as the season progressed, which is what I disliked the most early on since as you said it was quite cliche. I still wouldn't say I'm a fan of the character but she has grown on me the past few episodes, she adds a bit of irreverence to the show like Henry that I think is good since Helen and Will are often so earnest/serious.
        I would agree she has been toned down some.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
          I think being tested might help me. No way does somebody turn and stick to their loyalties that fast. I would agree she is better than invisi-girl, who I had high hopes for as a new member of "The Five", but just turned into Will's girlfriend.
          I never felt that Kate was all that loyal to the Cabal so her throwing her lot in with the Sanctuary, probably a pretty cushy job compared to what she's had before, works for me to an extent. I wouldn't say she's loyal to the Sanctuary but rather it's the best gig in town so she's taking advantage of it while she can. I do hope they test this in S3.

Is it just me or do TPTB seem to be moving the story away from "The Five"?
          Yeah, I'm getting that impression too.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X