No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I do see him as restless. He just...doesn't stick around for long in places.
    Oh, I could see him getting bored at the Sanctuary unless Helen gives him something to do. He likes to invent and Helen doesn't have the best lab/environment for that. And Tesla is too high on his horse to take care of Abnormals by feeding them or something.
    In the new Sanctuary he would stay for some time at least, that would be a tecknique paradise for him maybe he would even be too distracted to notice Helens advances, through I hope not. I wonder if he went to the new Sanctuary before Will went there or after him. I hope she took him there right away along with Henry, after all Nikola helped her with the new Sanctuary.

I think Helen would be willing to start a relationship but Nikola needs to open up and learn to put others before him and not to become super absorbed in his work. Make sense?
    Yes, that makes sense and I agree, I think Helen is the one who is more open to a relationship with him, after all she was 113 years lonely, remember what she said to that women in "Monsoon" that she hasn´t been kissed in a long time but he, well maybe he would wonder if he would be a good partner to her and real life Tesla had the issue that he thought he would "loose" his intellect if he had a wife/girlfriend so maybe our Tesla has the same issue.

I guess Helens pro and contra list would be very long. We know now what would be on the contra side, but what about the pro side? I mean, guys always are complicated, but if you really want something you make it work. They would have to find agreements.

But all this talk about how or even if they are coming together makes me said, couse we maybe never will know for sure if they come together at all I mean it IMHO looks like that.
    Last edited by Altariel; 11 July 2012, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Oh god I missed alot again.
      I still can't believe how the show's ended and we won't know anything more about Teslen...
      sigpic
      My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by tinnec View Post

If there'd have been a season 5, I'm guessing they'd have a flirtationship. I mean, they just can't leave that kiss hanging. Eventually they'd have to talk about it. Also, neither of them are ready for a relationship. It just isn't the right time for either of them. They're both too busy. They do enjoy having each other around and they admire each other, but just can't committ at the moment.

I doubt we'd ever get an actual scene based on it...Jonathon added the line "Remember?" so it's totally Amanda/Jonathon. So unless one of them fesses, we're on our own.

They MUST talk about that kiss. ITA with your second paragraph. I can't see them striking up a relationship right off the bat because they're not in a place for that. Sexy time, however, may be an option.

Oh! Something I noticed in Chimera: Nikola and Helen finish each other's sentences...a lot.
        "Flirtationship" I like that word!! Yes, they'd probably both be very busy at this point, but when I think of them possibly working together at the new Sanctuary, maybe that would strengthen the bond between them. Who knows?

You're right. "remember" was ad-libbed. It's possible JY didn't even have something specific in mind but just wanted to play with our minds a bit and leave us wondering. So unless he says why he put that line in, I guess it's up to our imaginations (and I know there are some vivid imaginations around).

Finishing each other's sentences is such a "couple thing." Or at the very least, something done between two people who know each other very, VERY well, which I think they do.

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
        Well if now isn´t the right time, then I wonder when would that be? I mean she almost died, it almost went wrong, that leaves marks on every person, so maybe she thinks now or never. And busy is she always. And he too thought that she is dead, so it wouldn´t be too illogical if they confess their feelings for each other. If they now don´t try it I don´t know what has to happen that they try a relationship.

I know that Amanda said they couldn´t be together cause they would loose that tention but that don´t has to be the case, it all depends on how they would have done that. But alas that´s not important anymore, I just like to think that they are together and happy And I would like to have a statement by TPTB regarding those two, what they think.
        Plus Nikola almost died in Awakening, but her reaction was "don't let it go to your head." They've both been in situations where they came close to losing the other. I'd like to see

(spoilered in case someone hasn't seen the S4 finale yet)

Spoiler:
        how Nikola reacted though when he found out Helen was okay after the Sanctuary burned down.

Even if their version of "happy" isn't the same as what we'd like for them? Just saying, maybe they are happier, or at least Helen is happier, with them being good friends and having some distance between them sometimes. Though it's pretty clear Nikola would like to try for more.

Yeah, I do see him as restless. He just...doesn't stick around for long in places.
        Oh, I could see him getting bored at the Sanctuary unless Helen gives him something to do. He likes to invent and Helen doesn't have the best lab/environment for that. And Tesla is too high on his horse to take care of Abnormals by feeding them or something.

Good point. What if sexual tension is NEVER resolved!
        True that sex never drew them to each other (okay, maybe it was a factor, but not the major factor). They both have their smarts and histories and experiences that the other admires. They're going to be around--hopefully--forever and they have been friends for the longest time because of their love of knowledge. As scientists, their passion is what they specialize in. I think Helen would be willing to start a relationship but Nikola needs to open up and learn to put others before him and not to become super absorbed in his work. Make sense?

Let us know if you hear back from them!
        re bolded: She might now!

re 2nd paragraph: Well put. That may be one of the biggest obstacles for Helen, that Nikola puts himself above anyone else always. If he could at least put others first some of the time, and realize there IS more to life than his work, it would help.
        sigpic
        Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Even if their version of "happy" isn't the same as what we'd like for them? Just saying, maybe they are happier, or at least Helen is happier, with them being good friends and having some distance between them sometimes. Though it's pretty clear Nikola would like to try for more.
          Do you think Helen woud be happier if things stay the same? Dunno, I think she loves him, I know there are some who say she doesn´t but I think it obvious and if she really loves him, then she would never be happy with the situation as it was in the last 4 seasons. Plus the incident with Charlotte showed IMHO that she needs something more in her life than just being friends with someone. I think she was not very happy about "not being kissd like that for a long time" .
          The feminist in me really doesn´t like to say that, but I think the most important thing in life is to have a person around you who you really love and I don´t mean friends in this case and IMHO children. OK a child she had, but she is gone. Do you think she will never during the long years she probably will live have another child? It´s not important with whom, (although I clearly prefer one person, but that´s not the point). Everyone longs for that and she too, especially she, she who lifes so long and has the potential to be so lonely.

Plus Nikola almost died in Awakening, but her reaction was "don't let it go to your head." They've both been in situations where they came close to losing the other. I'd like to see
          That´s true, but at this point she wasn´t ready to admit her feelings, she needed 113 more years. Oh my

Well put. That may be one of the biggest obstacles for Helen, that Nikola puts himself above anyone else always. If he could at least put others first some of the time, and realize there IS more to life than his work, it would help.
          I think he´s making proceedings. I don´t had the impression that he was that selfish in the last season. In the first season he may not have cared about what others said, but in "Resistance" for example he was very thoughtfull after what Henry said, and even apologized, in his Teslaway, to him, cause of the kid comment. So he is not that reckless anymore. I think he would never have done that in the first season.
          Last edited by Altariel; 16 July 2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
            Do you think Helen woud be happier if things stay the same? Dunno, I think she loves him, I know there are some who say she doesn´t but I think it obvious and if she really loves him, then she would never be happy with the situation as it was in the last 4 seasons. Plus the incident with Charlotte showed IMHO that she needs something more in her life than just being friends with someone. I think she was not very happy about "not being kissd like that for a long time" .
            The feminist in me really doesn´t like to say that, but I think the most important thing in life is to have a person around you who you really love and I don´t mean friends in this case and IMHO children. OK a child she had, but she is gone. Do you think she will never during the long years she probably will live have another child? It´s not important with whom, (although I clearly prefer one person, but that´s not the point). Everyone longs for that and she too, especially she, she who lifes so long and has the potential to be so lonely.

That´s true, but at this point she wasn´t ready to admit her feelings, she needed 113 more years. Oh my

I think he´s making proceedings. I don´t had the impression that he was that selfish in the last season. In the first season he may not have cared about what others said, but in "Resistance" for example he was very thoughtfull after what Henry said, and even apologized, in his Teslaway, to him, cause of the kid comment. So he is not that reckless anymore. I think he would never have done that in the first season.
            I agree Helen loves him, but I'm not sure what she wants their relationship to be. Does she in fact see him as a dear friend (and only that) or does she see a potential for them as a couple? I'm not sure. That's what I was hoping we'd find out in S5 that now won't happen. I agree with what you say about Charlotte and the kiss.
            About children, I remember her saying when she could bear the loneliness no longer she brought the embryo to term and had Ashley. I think that would be terribly difficult, to have a child you know you will outlive (unless she had planned to extend Ashley's lifespan with her blood or Ashley inherited Helen's longevity but we just didn't know about it). So I don't think it's inconceivable that she might want another child at some point.

Good point about Awakening. She hadn't lived those extra 113 years yet.

Agree Nikola is making moves in that direction, but probably needs a little more time. One of the things I love about how TPTB handled this character is how he grew from season 1 to season 4.
            sigpic

Comment

"Flirtationship." I like that word!! Yes, they'd probably both be very busy at this point, but when I think of them possibly working together at the new Sanctuary, maybe that would strengthen the bond between them. Who knows?

You're right. "remember" was ad-libbed. It's possible JY didn't even have something specific in mind but just wanted to play with our minds a bit and leave us wondering.
              So unless he says why he put that line in, I guess it's up to our imaginations (and I know there are some vivid imaginations around).

Finishing each other's sentences is such a "couple thing." Or at the very least, something done between two people who know each other very, VERY well, which I think they do.
              Tehe I thought the word described their relationship well.

I think that working on a mutual project or at least at the same place would definitely strengthen their bond because they'd have something to discuss. However, I wonder if working together too much would be detrimental because of the enormous amount of time spent together. You know what I mean? They have to have their own place and you can't spend 100% of your time with someone otherwise you might get sick of them being around so much. But if they have their own separate facilities (a lab for Nikola and an office and lab for Helen), I think they'd be content. Nikola may need a vacation around the globe every once in a while because he doesn't seem the type to stay cooped up in one place for too long unless he is consumed with a project.

Very true. AT and JY did like to give their characters UST. I keep referring to Jonathon Young/Nikola Tesla character profile for their tension and the actors' explanations of what's going on between the two of them. Though, I REALLY like to hear what they have to say about Teslen this past season.

Oh, Tesla and Magnus know each other inside out. They keep catching each other off guard and has sneaking suspicions when the other is hiding something and both can read the other. Also, I want to point out how Helen knows Nikola SO well and she's known him for over 200 years yet he STILL can surprise her. That takes talent. And it'd keep Helen on her toes Nothing would be boring in that relationship.

(spoilered in case someone hasn't seen the S4 finale yet)

Spoiler:
              how Nikola reacted though when he found out Helen was okay after the Sanctuary burned down.

YES! Does he think she really died or would he have figured out that she survived? What was his reaction after she's alive? Also, what would he think of New Sanctuary? So many unanswered questions!

We can't forget the fact that the new Helen
              Spoiler:
              "wined and dined" Nikola
              so she must like being around him and
              Spoiler:
              has entertained the thought of romancing him at least once.

Whenever he shows up, Helen and he have this instant connection that goes back to their being friends. But many good relationships start out with the two being friends because essentially who you marry should be your best friend because you're together until "death do you part."

Nikola is such a flirt, but I think it's his way of expressing his feelings towards Helen without her getting suspicious because Nikola doesn't want to be vulnerable. So Helen could totally surprise him one day by agreeing to one of his offers in dark narrow place when she comes to terms with her feelings...but does she know Nikola is serious or does she put it off as just teasing?

re 2nd paragraph: Well put. That may be one of the biggest obstacles for Helen, that Nikola puts himself above anyone else always. If he could at least put others first some of the time, and realize there IS more to life than his work, it would help.
              He just needs a wakeup call. Maybe the season finale did it? The thought of losing her? Can Helen ever be number 1 for him? Looking at RL Tesla, I can see why he puts work first; work doesn't fail him. He can trust it. It won't steal him out of money or cheat him or steal his credit. Trust is huge and fragile and has been broken many times for Nikola, and I think Helen is the only person he trusts with his life. The question stands whether he can trust her with his heart. (Which, of course, is yes, but he needs to come to that realization himself. And have less of an ego, but then again it's well deserved because he is a genius yet he doesn't need to rub it in everyone's face.)

I know AT wanted Helen to have a love interest. Helen was in love with Johnny once and she seemed happy about and with him (minus all of his...you know ). But really how can there be SO much UST after all these years. There just has to be something there.
              What girl doesn't like getting kissed? People are not meant to be alone. Helen just doesn't seem ready to settle yet. She has to come to terms with the loss and betrayal of Johnny (which the writers keep bringing up) and Ashley and be ready to move on, have thing settle. One would argue that things will never settle down with her line of work, which is where Nikola comes in. He doesn't like things to be boring either; he likes to keep busy, busy, busy. Both are geniuses who are used to a fast-paced, action-packed life and both need to work on a few things before they can committ to a relationship. Unless they accept each other as they are now because chances are they aren't going to change much and they just need that spark or event or move to move them from friends to lovers.

I think the same. Your life shouldn't be about depend on a lover.

People were not meant to be alone and Nikola won't die on her It'd be tough for her to have another child, but I also think it'd bring her great joy. Also, imagine the change in Nikola in learning he's a father. And the genius and wealth of knowledge that child would possess and have at his or her fingertips.

He is making leaps and bounds since when we first saw him. Nikola is learning that he cannot just go about so carelessly with people and treat them poorly just because they are not up to his level and won't live as long as him (just like Helen once said, think of how many friends he's had to bury). He also can't expect Helen to keep forgiving and coming back to him if all he focuses on is himself. He'll have to accept the consequences of his actions. His friends keep him on track. His character is growing and Helen could be such a huge part of his life if only he'd stick around and let her.

I agree Helen loves him, but I'm not sure what she wants their relationship to be. Does she in fact see him as a dear friend (and only that) or does she see a potential for them as a couple? I'm not sure. That's what I was hoping we'd find out in S5 that now won't happen. I agree with what you say about Charlotte and the kiss.
              About children, I remember her saying when she could bear the loneliness no longer she brought the embryo to term and had Ashley. I think that would be terribly difficult, to have a child you know you will outlive (unless she had planned to extend Ashley's lifespan with her blood or Ashley inherited Helen's longevity but we just didn't know about it). So I don't think it's inconceivable that she might want another child at some point.

Good point about Awakening. She hadn't lived those extra 113 years yet.

Agree Nikola is making moves in that direction, but probably needs a little more time. One of the things I love about how TPTB handled this character is how he grew from season 1 to season 4.
              The writers definitely left their relationship status ambiguous to give us something to think about for season 5. It also gives us hope.
              Great point with Helen having children.

Nikola's growth has been tremendous. Rewatching The Five and comparing it to S4 is, like, amazing because it almost leaves one wondering how they could be the same character. S4 Nikola has warmed up

Luckily both characters have time to grow and explore where they see their relationship going, but Nikola needs to start caring for others!! He's progressing by giving Henry a little respect, but maybe all Tesla really needs is a long heart-to-heart talk with friends over wine. As a genius, he does seem lonely but reluctant to open up to others. Someone or something needs to instigate that feeling in Tesla that makes him ready for a committed relationship. I think I just tangented and am hoping this makes sense.

The kiss at the end of S4...what do you all make of that? Friends? I loved you all along? Goodbye?

Question: What're some of the best Teslen fanfics you've read? Suggestions?

Comment

I agree Helen loves him, but I'm not sure what she wants their relationship to be. Does she in fact see him as a dear friend (and only that) or does she see a potential for them as a couple?
                I don´t think she sees him only as a dear friend, and for her loving him (more as a friend) doesn´t necessarily mean that she sees them as a proper couple with all the bells and whistles. I believe she doesn´t see them as a couple yet, but that hinders no one to have their feelings.
                It´s not like "oh that guy is not meant to have a relationshuip with, so I don´t love him anymore and love him only in friendshiply way. That doesn´t work.
                He really has to show her that he is able to have a relationship with her, but for that he has to know that she wants one with him at all. That´s so complicated.

For that kiss at the end of season 4, Amanda said that it is: "a Goodbye, I love you, get the F out of here, everything will explode, one of as has to survive"

I think,her staring death in the face, she finally realizes that she loves him. Before that she maybe always suppressed that, but such circumstances often brings the truth on the surface.

However, I wonder if working together too much would be detrimental because of the enormous amount of time spent together. You know what I mean? They have to have their own place and you can't spend 100% of your time with someone otherwise you might get sick of them being around so much. But if they have their own separate facilities (a lab for Nikola and an office and lab for Helen), I think they'd be content.
                I agree, them being around each other too often would be counter-productive in relationship terms. Everyone needs their freedom, but I don´t see both of them as a clinger. I think the new Sanctuary has enough space that they both could have their own life and at the end of the work day or at the time they want they could spend time together. I could easily see them not seeing each other for 3 days for example but that causing no problems, couse both understand what is it like to be so consumed with work, other partners couldn´t understand that so easily unless they are scientists as well.
                Last edited by Altariel; 17 July 2012, 04:24 AM.

Comment

He really has to show her that he is able to have a relationship with her, but for that he has to know that she wants one with him at all. That´s so complicated.
                  Very much so. They just need that intiating moment when they both realize the other's feelings.

For that kiss at the end of season 4, Amanda said that it is: "a Goodbye, I love you, get the F out of here, everything will explode, one of as has to survive"
                  Cute!
                  AT is all for Teslen

I think,her staring death in the face, she finally realizes that she loves him. Before that she maybe always suppressed that, but such circumstances often brings the truth on the surface.
                  But what about in Awakening. Nikola was facing death there, too, and she wasn't as distraught. They both didn't get lovey-dovey or confess their feelings even though Tesla had a hole through his vital organs you could see clear through, and it would've been a heck of a long shot to patch him up. Helen is near death every episode.
                  But, her and Nikola had some sort of relationship we don't know about.
                  Spoiler:
                  (What exactly happened in 1902??)

Maybe the question is was Helen planning on surviving or did she mean to make everyone believed she had died to avoid further conflict? Was it because it was Magnus possibly dying this time around? Or the realization that ALL her work for the past 113 years was finally coming to it's apex and the stress of everything happening? She said she had everything planned out but it's easier said than done.

I agree, them being around each other too often would be counter-productive in relationship terms. Everyone needs their freedom, but I don´t see both of them as a clinger. I think the new Sanctuary has enough space that they both could have their own life and at the end of the work day or at the time they want they could spend time together. I could easily see them not seeing each other for 3 days for example but that causing no problems, couse both understand what is it like to be so consumed with work, other partners couldn´t understand that so easily unless they are scientists as well.
                  Well said!

Comment

But what about in Awakening. Nikola was facing death there, too, and she wasn't as distraught. They both didn't get lovey-dovey or confess their feelings even though Tesla had a hole through his vital organs you could see clear through, and it would've been a heck of a long shot to patch him up. Helen is near death every episode.

But during the events of "Awakening" Helen hasn´t lifed through those 113 extra years yet. I think during "Awakenign" she maybe wasn´t that much in love with him or didn´t realized that like she maybe did at the end of season 4.
                    I this the years in seclusion are crucial regarding her feelings for Tesla. I mean it was a really long time and you see that she even visited him one or two times (maybe even more). So it´s safe to assume she missed him. In visiting him she even accepted the possibility that he would notice something and that the timeline could be altered, somehow that doesn´t sound like somethig Magnus would do.
                    If he would be in a comparible situation, I believe she would act entirely different.

I don´t know what happenend in

Spoiler:
                    1902. What do you think. I often read that they had something going on, means sleeping with each other, same with "Springtime in Vienna" but I´m not so sure what to think.

Maybe the question is was Helen planning on surviving or did she mean to make everyone believed she had died to avoid further conflict? Was it because it was Magnus possibly dying this time around? Or the realization that ALL her work for the past 113 years was finally coming to it's apex and the stress of everything happening? She said she had everything planned out but it's easier said than done.
                    I think she planned that everyone would think she died during that explosion. But I don´t think she planned herself to explode. But that point is illogical anyway. Nikola could have easily killed them (and he would have had his fun) and she could bring herself in a safe place and let the Sanctuary explode from afar.

Comment

I think that working on a mutual project or at least at the same place would definitely strengthen their bond because they'd have something to discuss. However, I wonder if working together too much would be detrimental because of the enormous amount of time spent together. You know what I mean? They have to have their own place and you can't spend 100% of your time with someone otherwise you might get sick of them being around so much. But if they have their own separate facilities (a lab for Nikola and an office and lab for Helen), I think they'd be content. Nikola may need a vacation around the globe every once in a while because he doesn't seem the type to stay cooped up in one place for too long unless he is consumed with a project.
                      Yes they'd definitely both need their own "space." Nikola has said he prefers to work alone, I think, though I think he was in a pretty defensive mood at the time. I think a cool new lab with top of the line tech could keep Nikola happy for quite a while. Might even be hard to get him to take a vacation, though Helen might be able to persuade him to go someplace with her.... oh the possibilities for Teslen there!
                      YES! Does he think she really died or would he have figured out that she survived? What was his reaction after she's alive? Also, what would he think of New Sanctuary? So many unanswered questions!
                      I like to think she
                      Spoiler:
                      either got out of the inferno while wearing her protective vest and found Nikola and Henry at the scene, or she got in touch with him/them afterward. I dunno, I kind of picture his reaction as intense relief which he would of course try to hide, but that's the romantic in me talking. I'd bet he would love the New Sanctuary and the chance to finally explore Hollow Earth. We needed a season 5 for this!!!! darn it!!

We can't forget the fact that the new Helen
                      Spoiler:

"wined and dined" Nikola so she must like being around him and
                      has entertained the thought of romancing him at least once.
                      I know. I wish we'd have seen some of that....
                      Spoiler:
                      .. wining and dining. I love how in the deleted scene he calls her Mrs. Robinson! She indeed would have been much older than him if that was present day Helen who had gone thru time again and visited him. Then again, she visited him with the intention of getting help from him to use nitroglycerin, right? So maybe it was her using feminine charms to get him to do what she wanted (though I doubt she had to twist his arm )She was determined not to mess up the timeline though, so I don't think she would have wanted to do anything that would change their relationship much.

He just needs a wakeup call. Maybe the season finale did it? The thought of losing her? Can Helen ever be number 1 for him? Looking at RL Tesla, I can see why he puts work first; work doesn't fail him. He can trust it. It won't steal him out of money or cheat him or steal his credit. Trust is huge and fragile and has been broken many times for Nikola, and I think Helen is the only person he trusts with his life. The question stands whether he can trust her with his heart.
                      Possibly. Unfortunately we'll never know for sure unless we get some kind of continuation of the show.
                      Awwww. ... the only person he trusts with his life but not sure he can trust her with his heart.
                      Or perhaps she has realized it before but is finally able to show it.

But, her and Nikola had some sort of relationship we don't know about.
                      I think Helen as a doctor and someone who has lived so long is able to detach herself emotionally from what's going on when she needs to do so. If she had fallen apart when Nikola was dying, she wouldn't have been able to think of a way to save him. It doesn't mean she wasn't feeling desperate about the situation, but she was able to put her feelings aside because that's what she needed to do.
                      sigpic

Comment

I this the years in seclusion are crucial regarding her feelings for Tesla. I mean it was a really long time and you see that she even visited him one or two times (maybe even more). So it´s safe to assume she missed him. In visiting him she even accepted the possibility that he would notice something and that the timeline could be altered, somehow that doesn´t sound like somethig Magnus would do.

I don´t know what happenend in
                        Spoiler:
                        1902. What do you think. I often read that they had something going on, means sleeping with each other, same with "Springtime in Vienna" but I´m not so sure what to think.
                        She did visit him at least twice. One was concerning information and the other...

Oh, how the actors/character tease us so! Just like life, maybe we aren't meant to know everything (no matter how much we want to know and understand).

Since the S4 DVD came out today, do we still need to spoiler everything?

I think a cool new lab with top of the line tech could keep Nikola happy for quite a while. Might even be hard to get him to take a vacation, though Helen might be able to persuade him to go someplace with her.... oh the possibilities for Teslen there!
                        Oh the plot bunnies!! With all the new, unexplored Praxian technology, Nikola'd have a hay day! Reminds me of how grabby he was with Adam Worth's equipment in For King and For Country.

I kind of picture his reaction as intense relief which he would of course try to hide, but that's the romantic in me talking.
                        Ah, but the romantic in you speaks the truth. This all goes back to Nikola having trouble opening up.

I know. I wish we'd have seen some of that....
                        Spoiler:
                        wining and dining. I love how in the deleted scene he calls her Mrs. Robinson! She indeed would have been much older than him if that was present day Helen who had gone thru time again and visited him. Then again, she visited him with the intention of getting help from him to use nitroglycerin, right? So maybe it was her using feminine charms to get him to do what she wanted (though I doubt she had to twist his arm) She was determined not to mess up the timeline though, so I don't think she would have wanted to do anything that would change their relationship much.
                        Spoiler:
                        Simon and Garfunkel's song plays in my head whenever I see/hear that.

Helen wouldn't have to twist his arm to get what she wanted

Yes, she was very focused on not changing the timeline so she couldn't have done much, but still, whatever she did made a lasting impression on Nikola. That's the thing; she risked the timeline, albeit which resulted in probably few changes, to see him and talk to him. Twice. The first time was business and the second was pleasure.

And, of course, there's Vienna in the springtime from what current Helen remembers ages ago.

Any ideas what first sparked her interest in Nikola as possibly more than a friend?

Awwww. ... the only person he trusts with his life but not sure he can trust her with his heart.
                        So sweet and so sad! This sound so romantic and leaves so much potential for growth for his character.

I think Helen as a doctor and someone who has lived so long is able to detach herself emotionally from what's going on when she needs to do so. If she had fallen apart when Nikola was dying, she wouldn't have been able to think of a way to save him. It doesn't mean she wasn't feeling desperate about the situation, but she was able to put her feelings aside because that's what she needed to do.
                        But what about when Henry was snatched in Resistance? She got super emotional right away and then later was stone faced about it. With Nikola, I don't recall her eyes even watering. Or was it because there was actually a way to save him (Queen's blood)? But then again, they were running out of time. Interesting...what would she have done if she hadn't been able to revive Nikola or break open the crystal tomb?
                        This must go back to the 113 years her not coming clean with her feelings thing, right?
                        Being a doctor comes in handy.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          And, of course, there's Vienna in the springtime from what current Helen remembers ages ago.
                          Any ideas what first sparked her interest in Nikola as possibly more than a friend?
                          Yeah that. I know JY ad-libbed the "remember" so I wonder if the writers just wrote that as a reference to some place beautiful and never meant for it to have any special significance to the characters. Then JY adds one word that makes us all crazy speculating about what happened there!

Don't know... but if I had to guess I'd say them working together on the holographic map of hollow earth may have helped, and then when she nearly lost him in Awakening. Even though she says "don't let it go to your head" you can tell she cares. Maybe she realized she did have stronger feelings for him than she thought she did, and started wondering "what if." Plus the way things turned out between her and Druitt may have got her wondering if she chose the wrong man way back then. Just my own guess/interpretation/fantasy.

But what about when Henry was snatched in Resistance? She got super emotional right away and then later was stone faced about it. With Nikola, I don't recall her eyes even watering. Or was it because there was actually a way to save him (Queen's blood)? But then again, they were running out of time. Interesting...what would she have done if she hadn't been able to revive Nikola or break open the crystal tomb?
                          She was both angry at Nikola and upset over losing Henry, and Nikola was there to lash out at because he was responsible for the creature being there. I think she kind of has motherly feelings toward Henry too. It's possible like you say that she still thought she could save Nikola with the Queen's blood so she wasn't going to let herself get emotional...yet. While at the moment, she didn't know of a way to save Henry.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah that. I know JY ad-libbed the "remember" so I wonder if the writers just wrote that as a reference to some place beautiful and never meant for it to have any special significance to the characters. Then JY adds one word that makes us all crazy speculating about what happened there!

Don't know... but if I had to guess I'd say them working together on the holographic map of hollow earth may have helped, and then when she nearly lost him in Awakening. Even though she says "don't let it go to your head" you can tell she cares. Maybe she realized she did have stronger feelings for him than she thought she did, and started wondering "what if." Plus the way things turned out between her and Druitt may have got her wondering if she chose the wrong man way back then. Just my own guess/interpretation/fantasy.
                            What a tease they are! But they both adored playing with the Teslen relationship. I like how one word can change the entire meaning and context. Only one.

Is it true the S4 finale kiss was improvised?

The dreadful "What If?" That does tend to really get the ball rolling. They do admire each other for their gifts and talents and both share history and not too many people are as old as they are. Maybe having to stroll down memory lane after Tempus made her rethink all her relationships?

She was both angry at Nikola and upset over losing Henry, and Nikola was there to lash out at because he was responsible for the creature being there. I think she kind of has motherly feelings toward Henry too. It's possible like you say that she still thought she could save Nikola with the Queen's blood so she wasn't going to let herself get emotional...yet. While at the moment, she didn't know of a way to save Henry.
                            That makes sense. In Resistance they had no idea what they were dealing with so, yeah, when Henry got snatched into the unknown where others hadn't come out before, she had no idea what to do. With Nikola, they knew the problem/cause/solution, just getting the resources needed was the trouble.

Comment

What a tease they are! But they both adored playing with the Teslen relationship. I like how one word can change the entire meaning and context. Only one.

Is it true the S4 finale kiss was improvised?

The dreadful "What If?" That does tend to really get the ball rolling. They do admire each other for their gifts and talents and both share history and not too many people are as old as they are. Maybe having to stroll down memory lane after Tempus made her rethink all her relationships?
                              If I remember right, I read that Amanda and Jonathon decided to put in the kiss. So it wasn't originally in the script.

yeah, those "what ifs" can drive people crazy! She did have plenty of time to rethink her relationships and see things from a different view so to speak.
                              sigpic

Comment

If I remember right, I read that Amanda and Jonathon decided to put in the kiss. So it wasn't originally in the script.

yeah, those "what ifs" can drive people crazy! She did have plenty of time to rethink her relationships and see things from a different view so to speak.
                                Haha I really like that they decided to do that! I wish the writers would've done it. But it also shows the dedication to acting both AT and JY put in because they are so in-tune with their characters and can see the two doing in such a big moment. Reading in between the lines = GOOD

She broke the timeline, too! But not enough to make significant, noticable differences to the human world, but major ones in the Abnormal world when the time was right.

Is it safe to say that she hasn't come to full terms with her feelings for Nikola yet? Or would you say the kiss was the tell-all?

Comment

Working...
                                X