• Show
Clear All

Thanks Six glad you like it!
    On the edge of breaking down
    sigpic
    Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora7783 View Post
      Mimzy,I totally agree with everything you said Unfortunately, there was a lot of prejudice towards immigrants at that time period..a lot of ethnocentrism as it were..abroad and in the USA...foreigners were not to be trusted because they were different....
      also...
      Spoiler:
      I think it is directed at Helen...because of the way that he says it....he knows this person...if he said "I'm so attracted to you right now..." then I could see where this would be more directed at the Vamp Queen...but I might be wrong..LOL

Here is another banner that I did..the lyrics are from a song called "If I Could be Where You Are" by Enya..I have been listening to a lot of music by her lately because it's very soothing
      That's one of the most awesome things i've seen on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
        I see what you mean. I mean even today prejudice against foreigners exists even though we like to pretend it doesn't. Somehow I thought since they were at Oxford they might be more accustomed to foreigners and more accepting of them than the general public, but maybe not. We just need more background story on The Five's early days, that's all. I agree though that Helen would probably be the most accepting of him, while Gregory might be the least accepting especially if he knew Niko was attracted to his daughter.
        I thought the exact opposite, b/c it's Oxford. Elite school breeding elitist attitude kind of thing.

Not that I have anything against Oxford now. I still want to study there for the heck of it one day
        "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
        sigpic
        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I just wanna see more feeling toward Tesla and Magnus
          sigpic
          Banner made by me

Comment

Some more flashbacks about their days in Oxford perhaps? ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by P_Lote View Post
              That's one of the most awesome things i've seen on the internet.
              Why thank you I always aim to please..it's the perfectionist in me If I don't like one little detail I will start over and redo it until I think it is acceptable LOL
              sigpic
              artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
              My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
              When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
              And I held your hand through all of these years
              But you still have
              All of me..." Evanes
              cence
              [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                I thought the exact opposite, b/c it's Oxford. Elite school breeding elitist attitude kind of thing.

Not that I have anything against Oxford now. I still want to study there for the heck of it one day
                Funny that we thought the exact opposite. I actually have no idea what Oxford students thought/think of foreigners. I just thought maybe at an institute of higher learning they'd be more accepting, but then maybe that's true now but wasn't in Victorian times. I actually work at a small college that is very accepting of international students, so perhaps that's what made me think that. But I'd have to say you're probably more likely right given the Victorian attitudes toward foreigners and elitist views. Would be interesting to dig a little more into that. So what would you study at Oxford if you get to one day?

Oh, and to add to earlier comment on For King and Country, I watched it again and I still thought Griffin was just joking in a good-natured manner. It didn't seem hostile to me. But that's just my take on it. *shrugs*

Nice art, Aurora. (it wouldn't open for me yesterday for some reason so I just saw it). I like Enya's music. Have several of her CDs.
                sigpic
                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora7783 View Post
                  Why thank you I always aim to please..it's the perfectionist in me If I don't like one little detail I will start over and redo it until I think it is acceptable LOL
                  Ditto I've remade several Tesla banners before, Teslen too cus I didn't like how they turned out at first. I remade the banner you're currently using twice before I was satisfied Twin
                  sigpic
                  Banner made by me

Comment

Numbersix,Thanks I love her music too..I also love Enigma and Tangerine Dream as well..I have the soundtrack from the movie Legend My favorite songs are "Loved by the Sun" and the Unicorns' theme.. "Return to Innocence" is a great song by Enigma if you want to give them a listen..
                    Glitch,your stuff is always perfection and genius combined Twin
                    sigpic

But you still have
                    All of me..." Evanes
                    cence
                    [/CENTER]

Comment

Funny that we thought the exact opposite. I actually have no idea what Oxford students thought/think of foreigners. I just thought maybe at an institute of higher learning they'd be more accepting, but then maybe that's true now but wasn't in Victorian times. I actually work at a small college that is very accepting of international students, so perhaps that's what made me think that. But I'd have to say you're probably more likely right given the Victorian attitudes toward foreigners and elitist views. Would be interesting to dig a little more into that. So what would you study at Oxford if you get to one day?

Oh, and to add to earlier comment on For King and Country, I watched it again and I still thought Griffin was just joking in a good-natured manner. It didn't seem hostile to me. But that's just my take on it. *shrugs*

Nice art, Aurora. (it wouldn't open for me yesterday for some reason so I just saw it). I like Enya's music. Have several of her CDs.
                      Probably something having to do with Literature or writing They have this Oxford summer program that's for a few weeks and they have different courses to choose from...I want to do one of them. Mostly because I'm obsessed with C.S. Lewis and he and Tolkien studied/taught there LOL
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Oxford sounds like fun .... But I still wanna go to either McMaster University or Studio 58, those are my two choices right now, problem is coming up with the money to get there. My godmother already has my tuition, been saving up since the day I was born but I still need a passport and all that other stuff
                        sigpic
                        Banner made by me

Comment

Aurora: I've seen Tangerine Dream come up in the credits for some of the music I liked in movies. Never bought a CD of their music though. Will check out Enigma.

Mimzy: Are you a LOTR fan also then? I think I might have read a couple of your fanfiction stories, unless I'm getting you confused with someone else.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Aurora: I've seen Tangerine Dream come up in the credits for some of the music I liked in movies. Never bought a CD of their music though. Will check out Enigma.

Mimzy: Are you a LOTR fan also then? I think I might have read a couple of your fanfiction stories, unless I'm getting you confused with someone else.
                            I think you will like them Mostly I just love their sound..it's very soothing and it transports you..and lately I need to be transported somewhere else LOL filed divorce papers today..talking about stress...anyway..their music is good when you need to relax I occasionally listen to them when I do yoga too
                            sigpic

But you still have
                            All of me..." Evanes
                            cence
                            [/CENTER]

Comment

Heya everybody! *waves*
                              I know I haven't been here in awhile so.. I brought ya some Teslen art Looking back on the past..

Last edited by Jacquelyn; 07 May 2011, 07:07 AM.
                              sigpic
                              My tumblr

Comment

I am an LOTR fan, but I've never written fanfic for it
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X