Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by es! View Post
    I totally agree with you, she wanted it to look to the audience like that, and this is exactly why I hate it! I don't like to be played like that!
    For me, this ep is just one huge unfinished building site with some OOC for good measure, so I should really stop trying to analyze it

I have that creepy image in my mind now - JYo surrounded by fangirls who sniff on him and make those tiny moaning sounds in the process
    I understand. Sometimes I think I analyze things a little too much, and just end up giving myself a headache.

That would probably really freak him out! LOL.
    sigpic
    Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
      I totally agree with you, she wanted it to look to the audience like that, and this is exactly why I hate it! I don't like to be played like that!
      I love to be played But for me, the trick was cheap and over-used... It was just a variation of good old '0.3 seconds and the bomb would have gone off' scene where you just know no one is going to kick the bucket.

Imho much more effective way to make the finale seem as a potential end to the whole Sanctuary would have been playing more of the disagreements between Will and Helen (so that it would really like Will was ready to move to the countryside and start gardening) and make Henry more clearly committed to Erika and the child (so he couldn't risk it for Sanctuary). There was Biggie's

Spoiler:
      supposed death

and Kate had Garreth and her new role in Hollow Earth. That is the main cast, and if these tensions were used to make clear that there was no anyone to lead Sanctuary after Helen... For me it would have worked better. A lot better. Even now it was the others that made me more nervous of Helen's death than her OOC-ish reaction.

That kind of build up didn't have screen time in the finale but there was 11 episodes before it. That means hours that could have been used to some more productive (plot-wise) than Helen kicking some abnormal-mercenary butt.

Haha, it sounds like I hated the finale and the season I didn't. I just feel it could have been so much more better with some relatively minor changes

Comment

I like to be played too but not like a cheap piano
        I completely agree with everything you say in your post. Also a great idea on how to make it feel like a true finale. Maybe your idea is too good - I mean, imagine Sanctuary is picked for the next season, how on earth would Helen be able to pry Will from his cabbage plantation!
        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

at Will's cabbage plantation

A bit more time to the ending, some conversations about how things are going to chance, Will forgiving Helen and Henry finding out a reason to continue (anything from 'it makes my child's future more safe' from he working in more safe environment. After all Sanctuary network wide crisis is seen at least twice so probably it is time to make some parts of it more safe, and his ability with tech is surely needed in the new place). Biggie's situation is if anyway and it wouldn't take much tweaking to get Kate back.

If I was writing this, I'd pick a new, more light-hearted direction for things. All the time we have gone to darker and darker direction, from helping small boys to plotting mass-executions/genocide. Now, when some of the issues are solved, if is time to rebuild because if it isn't done, crisis start piling on each other and the whole package will become super-charged and lose something I haven't yet figured out how to explain

Of course this is only my view, I am sure many others disagree with it... It isn't a normal arch of drama, when it doesn't get and build to more intense themes all the time. Personally I am not overly fond of that way to tell a long story because it risks becoming a gigantic blob or terrible things and crisis and losts its plausibility.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
            Sorry but to me that sounds a bit harsh on Nikola. To prove he loves her he has to die with her? I wouldn't expect someone I love to die with me. I would want that person to live because I love him or her.
            Spoiler:
            It wasn't a sure thing that he would get out before the explosion. I think they were hoping the vest would protect her, but since there was only one he wouldn't have had any protection at all and I don't think we can be sure he would have survived because he's a vampire. That doesn't mean he's totally indestructable. That was a huge explosion and fire afterward.

Spoiler:
            He didn't stay because she was about to blow it up and she told him to go. There was only one vest. THey hoped it would protect her. Big difference between the explosion in ToB and this one. Her house, her rules. No one tells Helen Magnus what to do.
            And maybe AT wanted it to look to the audience that she was about to die. Just my opinion and any and all free to disagree which I"m sure you will.
            Re: bolded: that would be Helens point of view, and probably you are right, Helen would be OK with it, she´s almost 300 years old and for her love confession surely looks different than dying for her, but what about him? If I truely and really love someone like no one else I wouldn´t go, I would stay and this I expected from Nikola or at least some protest. I think that was OOC and like already mentioned it kinda makes sense that he walked away, even as a vampire he might have not survieved that, I just hope that this wasn´t some cheap plot device but a further step to a relationship between both of them.

Comment

Stopping by to share two January calendars and a yearly calendar:

Yearly (1280X720)

January:

1024X768:

1280X720:

Enjoy!
              sigpic
              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Oh my, yami, they are gorgeous!
                "Do I love you or the thought of you" - *thud*
                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

I was listening to the new Nightwish record and that popped out at me and I just HAD to use it! So thank you!
                  sigpic
                  Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

OMG Yami...I love them all.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Thank you Max!
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

I was listening to the new Nightwish record and that popped out at me and I just HAD to use it! So thank you!
                        Ooooooooooooooh NIGHTWISH *-*

which song!?!?!

i love 'over the hills'

Personally I am not overly fond of that way to tell a long story because it risks becoming a gigantic blob or terrible things and crisis and losts its plausibility.
                        I sort of agree with you. Usually when people tell a looooooooooong story the ending is the worst part, because it doesnt usually answer many questions. Like Harry Potter I must say.

XD I fail at noticing that last post of mine didn't show. iJoke of course you may use it.

I have that creepy image in my mind now - JYo surrounded by fangirls who sniff on him and make those tiny moaning sounds in the process
                        ......okay that is very creepy
                        Nahh, i would never be 'one of those fangirls'
                        Im more civilized.

..though that isnt to say my mind is the same.

I really can't agree with that. I think that it was a cheap melodramatic trick from the Powers That Be (aka PTB, aka Amanda, Damian & co. in this case). If it was clear to Helen and Nikola that she wouldn't make it, WHY wouldn't Nikola stay there to kill Caleb? I mean, we saw him killing one of Caleb's cronies with his bare hands. We saw him surviving an explosion in ToB and he was not a vampire in that ep! It's only logical for him to stay instead of Helen!!! So logic dictates they both counted on the vest and Nikola was sure the vest would work. But Amanda says she wantet it too look like Helen was about to die. I hate it. What a dumb, illogical, cheap move!
                        Hmmm.. i suppose so...
                        Now im just not sure. Haha

OMG, my condolences!
                        Apparently you have to put up with very shallow people there

they are.......interesting to say the very least
                        --___--

Wow, I feel for you! Poor thing. *hugs* That really is immature of them.
                        *hugs back*

After this year...i will be free of them *prays*
                        Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                        - Doctor Who (series 7)
                        - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                        - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                        - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                        - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

iJOKE: It's from their new record Imaginaerum and it's called: Slow, Love, Slow.

Back on topic.....
                          sigpic
                          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

I enjoy reading all the discussions and theories about why Tesla is leaving Helen behind. Tesla sacrificed himself to save Helen for at least three times before. In Animus Helen refused to leave Tesla behind to stop the bomb, she said, "whatever happens, we face it together!" So the whole 'goodbye' scene in the Main Lab was too OCC for both of them. Therefore I incline to the assumption that Helen told Tesla about her plan, possibly in the deleted office scene, thus he knows she will be safe afterall. The deleted scene, IMO, is the key to explain the whole Teslen kiss.

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
                            Okay, so I was sick for three days (WHY OH WHY WHEN SANCTUARY WAS AIRING?) and didn't watch it till tonight. So forgive me if I don't actually respond to anything being written and just die with a very loud and dramatic squee.
                            SQUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .
                            (I promise I shall converse/fangirl more once I've recovered ).
                            I hope you are feeling better now, ZaraShade. Watch a Tesla episode would probably helps!

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                            When I fear that my post is going to get swallowed, I just copy what I'm about to post and if my post is swallowed then, I edit that post and paste what I was going to say and then save it and it's in the original post. And I have Firefox myself.

Btw: I'm dropping off an Amanda Tapping wallie that I made:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/yamiinsane/th_AmandaTappingWallpaper7.jpg

Hope you all likes
                            It happens quite frequently lately. I already have my posts eaten many times. Sometimes I used the restore button to revive the content but every now and then it just vanished and have to type it all over again. It is a giant big pain in the a$$ especially when your posts have others' posts quoted on it! I use Firefox both at home and work and I don't know if it was the cause of missing posts.

Oh, and I love the wallies and calendars, Yami! They are beautiful!
                            sigpic
                            Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                              It happens quite frequently lately. I already have my posts eaten many times. Sometimes I used the restore button to revive the content but every now and then it just vanished and have to type it all over again. It is a giant big pain in the a$$ especially when your posts have others' posts quoted on it! I use Firefox both at home and work and I don't know if it was the cause of missing posts.

Oh, and I love the wallies and calendars, Yami! They are beautiful!
                              I read somewhere that that is a problem that can't be fixed so we will just have to deal with it (I think it was mentioned in the Artwork For All thread, but I could be mistaken as too where I saw it...)

And thank you! I'm glad you loved them!
                              sigpic
                              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

However as soon as I’d finished my first watch and found that the office scene wasn’t including I began thinking that maybe there was important information in that scene, and very quickly in my head canon I thought that maybe they were discussing just how grave the situation was getting, to which Helen suddenly got very serious and stated either that ‘When it comes down to it, I have to face this alone’ or something along the lines of ‘Whatever happens, Henry must get out’(maybe even subtle clue to her blowing up the sanctuary). To me this would give us enough of a reason for Nikola to leave, as Helen needs him to get Henry out (especially if Henry has no idea of her plan) or that they had already discussed that she must face Caleb alone. I personally prefer to think that it was more about Henry, as it would follow through with Henry’s fear of not reaching parenthood and Helen seeing Henry as her only child left.
                                But I guess we won’t find out until the deleted scenes are available.
                                I really hope there is some kind of build up in that scene so that the kiss doesn’t seem so much of a plot point, it’s just they couldn’t fit the office scene in the episode.
                                I think it does come down to whether or not she explained anything in the office scene. But if she did, why would they cut that out? I mean surely that holds some importance in explaining the kiss so that it doesn't seem as out of the blue. I also like your idea of Helen wanting Henry out safely, he is like a child to her after all and Nikola does seem awfully fond of him.

LOL es!! Poor JYo!!

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                                at Will's cabbage plantation

A bit more time to the ending, some conversations about how things are going to chance, Will forgiving Helen and Henry finding out a reason to continue (anything from 'it makes my child's future more safe' from he working in more safe environment. After all Sanctuary network wide crisis is seen at least twice so probably it is time to make some parts of it more safe, and his ability with tech is surely needed in the new place). Biggie's situation is if anyway and it wouldn't take much tweaking to get Kate back.

If I was writing this, I'd pick a new, more light-hearted direction for things. All the time we have gone to darker and darker direction, from helping small boys to plotting mass-executions/genocide. Now, when some of the issues are solved, if is time to rebuild because if it isn't done, crisis start piling on each other and the whole package will become super-charged and lose something I haven't yet figured out how to explain

Of course this is only my view, I am sure many others disagree with it... It isn't a normal arch of drama, when it doesn't get and build to more intense themes all the time. Personally I am not overly fond of that way to tell a long story because it risks becoming a gigantic blob or terrible things and crisis and losts its plausibility.
                                OMG Will's cabbage patch! LOL.
                                Agree especially with the bolded. I think AT said somewhere in an interview that she thought they could have a rejunivanted direction or something like that. It would be amazing to see where they would take the new Sanctuary anyway. It is spectacular. With all that technology Nikola wouldn't be able to stay away...well, that would be his excuse.

And, dropping of my 'OMFG THERE'S A TESLEN KISS' vid...
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2EHfY4DUug
                                I had to make it. Even if it's a bit rougher than I'd like.

Comment

Working...
                                X