No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to Chimera... I was waiting someone to bring this up but I can't wait any longer I'll use spoiler tags, it in case someone hasn't seen the episode.

Spoiler:
    After Tesla frees himself from the chains and attacks Adam, he tries to bite him.

I wonder if Helen saw it? I am fairly sure that she wouldn't want to see Nikola playing with Adam's blood, virtual or not... I don't think she saw because if she had seen it, I think she would have addressed to it later. When Tesla as much as showed his vampiristic traits in Rome, Helen had to make sure he wasn't feeding from humans and now he clearly tried to bite.

I also wonder what Tesla thought when he tried to bite Adam. Was it only desperation and him trying to harm Adam however he could, or did he know Helen didn't see what he did? If the latter, it raises the question of how much he bends the rules when Helen isn't there to see what he is doing.

And then, what would have happened if Tesla had had succeeded?

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
      Back to Chimera... I was waiting someone to bring this up but I can't wait any longer I'll use spoiler tags, it in case someone hasn't seen the episode.

Spoiler:
      After Tesla frees himself from the chains and attacks Adam, he tries to bite him.

I wonder if Helen saw it? I am fairly sure that she wouldn't want to see Nikola playing with Adam's blood, virtual or not... I don't think she saw because if she had seen it, I think she would have addressed to it later. When Tesla as much as showed his vampiristic traits in Rome, Helen had to make sure he wasn't feeding from humans and now he clearly tried to bite.

I also wonder what Tesla thought when he tried to bite Adam. Was it only desperation and him trying to harm Adam however he could, or did he know Helen didn't see what he did? If the latter, it raises the question of how much he bends the rules when Helen isn't there to see what he is doing.

I like to think that he was sort of forced into doing that because Helen was in danger...
      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

^ I think that is the likely reason. How about Helen and her reaction?

Comment

Maybe it was always his wish to do that and that was the best opportunity cause it wasn´t real and maybe he thought that it would´t be that bad, cause after all it was Adam. But you´r right Helen would sure be angry on him, but I don´t think he feeds on human, I could imagine him drinking 1 or 2 blood preservations in a week like the vampires from Buffy, well that´s OT.

Comment

Spoiler:
            Sanctuary's vampires don't seem to crave blood actually... apparently Nikola is happy with those diet supplements Helen came up with for him. I think he tried to bite Adam because it would afflict the most harm?

As for Helen's reaction - or the lack thereof - I think she didn't see what happened. I think she'd address that (in passing) otherwise...

Comment

StarSancFar, beautiful vid I tried to green you for it but the system doesn't let me yet

Originally posted by es! View Post
              Spoiler:
              Sanctuary's vampires don't seem to crave blood actually... apparently Nikola is happy with those diet supplements Helen came up with for him. I think he tried to bite Adam because it would afflict the most harm?

As for Helen's reaction - or the lack thereof - I think she didn't see what happened. I think she'd address that (in passing) otherwise...
              Vampires would have made a very weak "superior" race if a drop of blood would make them lose control But starving vampires is another thing and it is probably for the best if their willpower isn't tested too far. After all they seem to be predatory creatures.

I'd guess that Sanctuary vampires see blood much like humans see food, meaning it is an essential part of their culture and all... Or was, considering that vampires are pretty much extinct and Nikola didn't grow up as a vampire and never got a chance to learn how they truly see the world. How he mistook the word 'future' to 'afterlife' did tell a lot of how he thinks more like a human than a vampire.

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
              But you´r right Helen would sure be angry on him, but I don´t think he feeds on human, I could imagine him drinking 1 or 2 blood preservations in a week like the vampires from Buffy, well that´s OT.
              "What, Dear Helen, I am not feeding from human. It is human blood, true, but can't you see, this is a plastic bag, not a human being!"

Comment

Well I think that PTB give only very few vampiric traits to Nikola and only when they want to... So I don't really see him as a vampire. He's a brilliant and excentric man in the first place, a merciless tease, and an arrogant ass. The character was made a vampire just as the means to make him immortal so that he can wreak havoc on screen in this century

Comment

I like to think that he was sort of forced into doing that because Helen was in danger...
                  That's what I thought too. He didn't have any other weapons to use. It's hard to tell for sure but I think it's possible Helen did see what happened but given the situation chose to let it go.

es!: the real nickname for Nikola is Nidza/Nidzo in Serbian. It's also how RL Tesla's mother was calling him.
                  Do you know how that would be pronounced? Just like it's spelled with the "z" sound? I think I saw that in a book about him but don't have it with me at the moment to take a look.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                    Do you know how that would be pronounced? Just like it's spelled with the "z" sound? I think I saw that in a book about him but don't have it with me at the moment to take a look.
                    I have an idea but I don't know for sure and I would hate to confuse you folks. Maybe a native speaker could help us...

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post

Spoiler:

I don't think Tesla tried to bite Adam because he wanted to suck his blood. It was rather his desperate move to gain the upper hand when he was losing his fight. Kids do act like this sometimes when they fight.

I think Tesla wasn't quite Tesla after he was devamped in Season 2. In the first half of Season 3 he was less arrogant and egocentric, perhaps even nicer to "pitiful little humans" like Will, until he was revamped in late Season 3 the real "bad ass" Tesla is back.
                      sigpic
                      Sign by me

Comment

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! XDXDXD

SPOILERS FOR SANCTUARY FOR NONE PT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*iz dead with shippyness!!!!!*
                        Spoiler:

sigpic
                        Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                        'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                        : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                        I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                        Indeed

Comment

I just joined you.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            sigpic
                            I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                            Indeed

Comment

It's gonna be EPIC.
                              I CAN'T WAITTTTTT!!!!

Comment

It's gonna be EPIC.
                                I CAN'T WAITTTTTT!!!!
                                SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Neither can I! XD
                                sigpic
                                Indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X