Sanctuary Fanfic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
    I like that idea, changing the depths. How were you thinking of ending it, cause then you could work backwards

I really love the idea of making the serpent a character, that would add more drama to it

You could also do something about hallucinations, like make them think they're free when they're not, or making them think other poeple are there when they're not....
    I've never tried writing the ending first. It's too constricting. My style usually comes with a pretty solid plot path, with a destination in mind, but it leaves me enough wiggle room to include stuff that occurs to me while writing. It's an interesting concept though... Maybe for my next fic... I do have a Tesla-heavy plot in mind for a big Sanctuary project I wanna start after my SG-1 fic is done. Maybe I'll try it so that I post the end first, the do rest as a flashback, like "Requiem" in S1.

Hmmm... and now you mention the hallucination idea, how freaking awesome would it have been if Will had hallucinated Ashley, who had then proceeded to give him a verbal tongue-lashing for the pain he put her mother through? Both in Fugue and in Depths, by bringing up the memory of Ashley's death?

I think that has potential... Hmmm... do you think the serpent would be familiar with immortals? Enough so that it would discern and recognize Helen's longevity? What do you think it would do then? I'm getting an awesome scene in my mind, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it so it makes sense with the plot, rather than just the snapshot image it is right now. Oh, but my juices are definitely flowing now... Thanks!

Comment

EDIT: I posted the post .. and it was empty .. oddd...

Trying again:

I sometimes only have an idea for an ending and then try to fabricate something around it LOL.
      I dont have much time atm so Im behind on the fics here. Next week Ill catch up!
      sigpic

Me @ Livejournal, Youtube, Tumblr Deviant-art and my band: Alantia

Comment

I actually wrote fic
        http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/s...ndulgence.html

Title- Indulgence
        Author- Denise
        Season- 4
        Spoilers – Through the end of season four
        Content Level – Anyone
        Content Warning- Nothing really
        Summary- Magnus allows herself one indulgence
        Disclaimer: Sanctuary is owned by S3M and lots of folks that aren't me. This story is for entertainment purposes only and no money exchanged hands. No copyright infringement is intended. The original characters, situations, and story are the property of the author. This story may not be posted elsewhere without the consent of the author.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Woot, Sky fic . Great job Sky.

"Indulgence is a weakness"
          Spoiler:
          This made me contemplate if this IS the conclusion Helen came to during those 113 years. And after all that time not allowing herself any indulgence; it would certainly explain why she didn't share her plan with anyone or talk to anyone about her experience to help ease her burden as Will wanted her to do.

Again great job.....I love it when a fic makes me think.
          sigpic

Comment

Great fic, Sky! Thanks for posting it! The whole situation breaks my heart just to think about it.

Comment

thanks guys

Spoiler:

I do think Helen is more cold blooded than she was before, because she had to be. And, from her perspective, a century of watching history repeat and the same tragedies play out again...then she gets confronted with will's impatience....I'd tell him to take a hike too. Risk a century's worth of manipulations and planning on one person's loose lips? Especially if she had to relive all that 'woman in thy place' crap after experiencing more equality...I just wouldn't have the patience for the crap.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                I've never tried writing the ending first. It's too constricting. My style usually comes with a pretty solid plot path, with a destination in mind, but it leaves me enough wiggle room to include stuff that occurs to me while writing. It's an interesting concept though... Maybe for my next fic... I do have a Tesla-heavy plot in mind for a big Sanctuary project I wanna start after my SG-1 fic is done. Maybe I'll try it so that I post the end first, the do rest as a flashback, like "Requiem" in S1.

Hmmm... and now you mention the hallucination idea, how freaking awesome would it have been if Will had hallucinated Ashley, who had then proceeded to give him a verbal tongue-lashing for the pain he put her mother through? Both in Fugue and in Depths, by bringing up the memory of Ashley's death?

I think that has potential... Hmmm... do you think the serpent would be familiar with immortals? Enough so that it would discern and recognize Helen's longevity? What do you think it would do then? I'm getting an awesome scene in my mind, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it so it makes sense with the plot, rather than just the snapshot image it is right now. Oh, but my juices are definitely flowing now... Thanks!
                Yeah, a flashback-y thing would be great, I've not read many that do that and i find it interesting
                Plus, Tesla-heavy fics are the best!

Having Ashley there is a great idea. I'm thinking you could also have all the others he mentioned and everyone else that is close to them.....

Maybe he is sentient and a bit telepathic-or empathic...? Or maybe he asks her right out, smells Gregory's scent/DNA on her and wonders how he recognises her? I'm not sure what it would do, maybe it would attack since when it last saw her dad, they were trying to capyure it too- it sees her as a threat?

Your welcome

Spoiler:
                I love the fic Skydiver - I can see Helen doing this! and it's so heartbrakingly true that she coudn't follow in Adam's footsteps
                sigpic
                Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                Indeed

Comment

Hey, I don't know how many of you are fans of Will/Helen but anyway, I am going to share my new fic with you.

Title: Bitter Taste of Goodbye
                  Rating: K+
                  Summary: Helen is not ready to let him go.

Bitter Taste of Goodbye

I hope you will like it.
                  Last edited by Samantha.Majka; 08 January 2012, 04:59 AM.
                  Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                  / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

There is a great project on fanfiction.net, the participating writers donate $2 per review to S4K!

+++

On the 21st of January three authors from the Sanctuary fanfiction community will be uploading Teslen (Helen/Tesla for the uninformed) oneshots. Yeah yeah, we know, this happens all the time but guess what? There's a twist!! We're going to use our totally warped imaginations for philanthropic purposes!!

For each signed review we receive on these stories, we'll donate $2 AUD (or equivalent) to Sanctuary4Kids (S4K)! The author who receives the most reviews by the 28th of January will also donate another half on top of the amount already raised by their reviews!

The participating authors are:

chartreuseian

Emmy1512

LoveActuallyFan

We ask all Sanctuary fans out there to step up and give us a review on these stories (they'll be clearly marked so you can't miss 'em). The more reviews, the more money Sanctuary4Kids will get!!

So come one, come all and support us as we try and turn our obsessions into something that will actually benefit the world!!!

Disclaimer: S4K and fanfiction.net are in no way affiliated with the fundraising process and all content belongs to the respective owners (as much as we might wish otherwise).

+++
                    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                      There is a great project on fanfiction.net, the participating writers donate $2 per review to S4K!

+++

On the 21st of January three authors from the Sanctuary fanfiction community will be uploading Teslen (Helen/Tesla for the uninformed) oneshots. Yeah yeah, we know, this happens all the time but guess what? There's a twist!! We're going to use our totally warped imaginations for philanthropic purposes!!

For each signed review we receive on these stories, we'll donate $2 AUD (or equivalent) to Sanctuary4Kids (S4K)! The author who receives the most reviews by the 28th of January will also donate another half on top of the amount already raised by their reviews!

chartreuseian

Emmy1512

LoveActuallyFan

We ask all Sanctuary fans out there to step up and give us a review on these stories (they'll be clearly marked so you can't miss 'em). The more reviews, the more money Sanctuary4Kids will get!!

So come one, come all and support us as we try and turn our obsessions into something that will actually benefit the world!!!

Disclaimer: S4K and fanfiction.net are in no way affiliated with the fundraising process and all content belongs to the respective owners (as much as we might wish otherwise).

+++
                      Wow! This is terrific! Do you have to join Fanfiction.net to review? I've visited the site to read, but I'm no writer.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                        Wow! This is terrific! Do you have to join Fanfiction.net to review? I've visited the site to read, but I'm no writer.
                        You don't have to join ff.net to review anonymously, but this time only signed reviews (from the registered users) count for the obvious reasons...
                        Registering on ff.net is really simple and you don't get any spam, but you get the possibility to talk with writers, and such convos can be really rewarding

Oh, and I'm not sure whether you have already seen it but there is a Teslen promo vid for this cause:
                        Spoiler:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4st_uFYq6i4
                        I too think that the idea of the project is terrific

Comment

meredithchandler73 (and other who read but don't write ff), not everyone registered in ff.net writes fanfic ff.net is account very useful for readers only too, because you can use story and author alerts and review the stories whose writers haven't allowed anonymous reviewing... Without alert system, I'd go insane for trying to keep in eye every interesting story in progress

Comment

+++

chartreuseian

Emmy1512

LoveActuallyFan

+++
                            Hi everybody,
                            Fanfiction4kids has started! Check out the authors' pages for three wonderful stories, read and review for the good cause.

It's just a quick heads up from my cell phone. Maybe somebody (Star?) could be so kind to post the direct links to the stories here?
                            Thank you, and have fun!

Comment

+++

chartreuseian

Emmy1512

LoveActuallyFan

+++
                              Hi everybody,
                              Fanfiction4kids has started! Check out the authors' pages for three wonderful stories, read and review for the good cause.

It's just a quick heads up from my cell phone. Maybe somebody (Star?) could be so kind to post the direct links to the stories here?
                              Thank you, and have fun!

Comment

I should post it at least a week earlier but, sorry es!, I forgot!

There are still a few more days to go before the project ends so pls check out the fanficts of the following writers and give reviews for the sake of S4K:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3447426/LoveActuallyFan
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2887277/chartreuseian
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1256746/Emmy1512
                                sigpic
                                Sign by me

Comment

Working...
                                X