No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Fanfic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies guys, at least I know it's not just me and that I haven't done something spacky with my computer .

Hopefully it will be back soon.
    sigpic

Comment

Dropping off a fic *runs in*
      A contest of beauty

Name: A contest of beauty
      Characters : Nikola and Helen
      Rating : K+
      Genre: Romance/humour

Summary: Nikola enters Helen into a beauty contest (but doesn't turn out how you think it will )

*runs out*
      sigpic
      Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
      'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
      : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
      I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
      Indeed

Comment

Sanctuary Fan Site is back, on a slightly different address.

http://www.sanctuaryfiction.net/
        sigpic

Comment

I was so happy to see that site back up! But half my stories were lost, so I had to repost them. So, readers are prolly all mad that my stuff is listed under "most recent", even though they'd already read 'em Oh well!

Comment

I don't mind people repost their storys so that they show up as most recent. If I don't remember the story I'll just read it again, what seriously annoys me is the fact that some storys are empty, no story, just the title...
            sigpic

Comment

That's a site glitch. That happened to me last night. But now it's working again, or so it was round midnight last night. *goes to check* Yup! Fixed!

Comment

You are right, they are fixed, there is only one I still get an empty page:

Letters from War by VGWrighte Rated: General [Reviews - 0] New!
                Summary:

"I operated in the trenches at Verdun, at least here I don't have to worry about the mud or the rats."
                --Helen Magnus, Firewall
                sigpic

Comment

Ohp... Well, can't help with that one. That's not one of mine... Though I suppose someone should mention to the author that the quote is from "Bank Job" not "Firewall".

BTW, superglue gets major points for that episode Nifty stuff, superglue!

Comment

You are right about the quote of course and even more about the glue. BTW The correct quote would be "I've operated in the trenches at Verdun. At least here I don't have to deal with the mud and the rats."
                    And I am still hoping to read the story. I am sure it is going to get fixed, generally I am happy to see the site back up.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm glad the site is back up but quite upset about the loss of fics / reviews. I had one story on there (so I'm sure it's much worse for others who posted all their fics up there), but I posted it there because I thought it was a little too adult for fanfic.net, and I went on the site to find I couldn't login (I apparently don't exist). My only story on there has disappeared.

Thankfully, after some frantic looking through hardcopies of my stories (because I don't trust computers or indeed the net) I found the story I thought I'd lost.

I'm feeling a little apprehensive about posting it up again though. I think if they realised the site was changing hands they could have put a message up warning people their accounts may not be the same so we had time to save stuff before it changed servers?!

*shrugs*
                      sigpic
                      ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I haven't read your story so I don't know what you consider too adult for FFnet, but my own (Stargate) fics there are quite mature too and I've never had any complaints. Just use the M-rating and add the warnings in your heading
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Can someone please give me the link for the site?
                          sigpic
                          I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                          Indeed

Comment

here you go, I hope it helps

http://www.sanctuaryfiction.net/index.php
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              I haven't read your story so I don't know what you consider too adult for FFnet, but my own (Stargate) fics there are quite mature too and I've never had any complaints. Just use the M-rating and add the warnings in your heading
                              I think I'm probably being over-cautious... because the M rating on ff.net says 16+ and the MA rating is 18+ (which the guidelines say is only there for reference, you can't choose it when you publish fics)... that and I noticed there was always a lot of adult stuff on sanctuaryfiction.net so I just thought it was the best place to put it, as all my other fics are much... tamer

But, having noticed your fics are Sam/Jack... I'll perhaps check those out then just upload it to ff.net with warnings as advised Thanks!
                              sigpic
                              ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Thanks for the website

Amy- I think it'd be alrite to add it to FF, there's a LOT of M+ fics there! I'm sure yours would be fine with a written warning in the summary- cause some people (sometimes me ) forget to read the rating
                                sigpic
                                Indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X