X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little something I found on Digital Spy:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1319...sanctuary.html

Strong start for sci-fi series 'Sanctuary'

New sci-fi series Sanctuary made a strong start for ITV4 on Monday night, according to early figures.

The web-originated show, about a group of people who harbour 'monsters' of society, drew an average of 505,000 (2.5%) to the channel in the 9pm hour. Also performing well in the timeslot were BBC Four documentary The Story Of Maths, with 531,000 (2.7%), and Dave's QI, which managed 570,000 (2.9%).

Click on the link for the full article.

Comment

I thought it was a good show...not GREAT. But good. I hate to say it...but amanda really needs to work on our accent. I noticed during the same sentence she would have the english accent and then one or two words towards the end would sound american...which was really distracting to me.

Also...I found the characters to be very bland...but that could change as they start building a story.
      It feels good to be alive.
      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1 View Post
        My SANCTUARY journey: Pt. 2, Oct. 3, 2008 -

Amanda Tapping's appearance at the NBC Store, NYC

*snip*
        I know EXACTLY how you feel! I'm so glad that you had a good time and shared it with us.

Comment

"Made-in-Burnaby show gets Beedie's backing"

...the series had signed up or received offers to screen in more than 50 countries.
          http://www.canada.com/burnabynow/new...5-4a0808997edc

Comment

http://www.9news.com/life/entertainm...1382&catid=343

Going tapeless and virtual in SANCTUARY
            Oct 8 2008

excerpt:

We talked to stars Amanda Tapping and Robin Dunne on 9NEWS 5 a.m. Sanctuary
            Official Site

If Men In Black were a serious Sci-Fi mystery show, you'd have part of the
            formula that makes up Sanctuary. Sanctuary stars Amanda Tapping (Stargate SG-1)
            and Robin Dunne (Dawson's Creek).Sanctuary is a futuristic techno center,
            where all the strange, and often terrifying creatures that secretly populate our
            world are protected and studied by Dr. Helen Magnus (Tapping) and forensic
            psychiatrist Dr. Will Zimmerman (Dunne).We interviewed the actors on 9NEWS 5
            a.m.
            and they told us what these scientists have to do at Sanctuary. "Our mission
            is to study and protect all these abnormal creatures, things that go bump in
            the night," Tapping said. "We shine a light on them, and then we study and
            protect them."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

http://www.canmag.com/nw/12478-amanda-tapping-sanctuary

excerpt:

Sci-Fi Channel's new show Sanctuary stars Amanda Tapping as a 157-year old
            protector of supernatural creatures. Her sanctuary keeps them safe from the
            angry mobs who would prejudge them just because they seem monstrous. A century
            and
            a half of life certainly brings with it its share of pain and tragedy, but
            Helen Magnus (Tapping) finds her job important enough to hang in there, despite
            the lessons the Highlander series has taught us about immortality.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
              A little something I found on Digital Spy:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1319...sanctuary.html

Strong start for sci-fi series 'Sanctuary'

Click on the link for the full article.
              Ratings rule and critics drool .

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
              "Made-in-Burnaby show gets Beedie's backing"

http://www.canada.com/burnabynow/new...5-4a0808997edc
              WOO HOO, very nice .

"Keith Beedie, a Burnaby entrepreneur and owner of the Beedie Group, said the series had signed up or received offers to screen in more than 50 countries."

I love Beedie . It also said "The series screens on Movie Channel One on Friday nights." And *I'll* be watching .

While it may prove to be an international success, Beedie said he is proud of the show's local roots.

Originally posted by prion View Post
              http://www.9news.com/life/entertainm...1382&catid=343

Going tapeless and virtual in SANCTUARY
              Oct 8 2008

excerpt:

We talked to stars Amanda Tapping and Robin Dunne on 9NEWS 5 a.m. Sanctuary
              Official Site

If Men In Black were a serious Sci-Fi mystery show, you'd have part of the
              formula that makes up Sanctuary. Sanctuary stars Amanda Tapping (Stargate SG-1)
              and Robin Dunne (Dawson's Creek).Sanctuary is a futuristic techno center,
              where all the strange, and often terrifying creatures that secretly populate our
              world are protected and studied by Dr. Helen Magnus (Tapping) and forensic
              psychiatrist Dr. Will Zimmerman (Dunne).We interviewed the actors on 9NEWS 5
              a.m.
              and they told us what these scientists have to do at Sanctuary. "Our mission
              is to study and protect all these abnormal creatures, things that go bump in
              the night," Tapping said. "We shine a light on them, and then we study and
              protect them."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

http://www.canmag.com/nw/12478-amanda-tapping-sanctuary

excerpt:

Sci-Fi Channel's new show Sanctuary stars Amanda Tapping as a 157-year old
              protector of supernatural creatures. Her sanctuary keeps them safe from the
              angry mobs who would prejudge them just because they seem monstrous. A century
              and
              a half of life certainly brings with it its share of pain and tragedy, but
              Helen Magnus (Tapping) finds her job important enough to hang in there, despite
              the lessons the Highlander series has taught us about immortality.

REST AT LINK ABOVE
              Sweet .

Comment

Sanctuary - The Hachiko: Review - 'Sanctuary For All':

At The Hachiko:

(The review author rated this episode with a 3 out of 5. Please follow the link for the complete review.)

'Sanctuary' (1.1) "Sanctuary for All" - Review

Tue, 10/07/2008 - 12:21 — Vrej Hezaran

Watching the premiere of Sanctuary made me anxious for a bit when I found out that it was based on a web series. I wasn't sure if that meant they expected viewers to have seen the webisodes prior to jumping into the series proper, but happily this was not the case. The first episode of Sanctuary sets up the premise nicely, if a bit slowly, and seems to require no knowledge of the previous Internet
                effort.

**snippage**

While not the most exciting pilot of a show, Sanctuary had enough there to bring sci-fi fans back for another few outings before deciding whether they should continue watching. The action was perfectly adequate, but there were long stretches of downtime between then that many could find boring (I admit I found myself yawning now and then). Perhaps debuting with two hours wasn't the best idea, so we'll see how Sanctuary fares when it settles into its normal one-hour episode format next week.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - Ryan Robbins - Westender: Fame and philanthropy rub shoulders at film fest:

At Westender (Vancouver, BC, Canada):

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Fame and philanthropy rub shoulders at film fest

Posted By: WestEnder Staff
                  10/09/2008 12:00 AM

It’s a modest strain of showbiz for Canadian stars, but the work gets done

The Vancouver International Film Festival has certainly spurred more than a few limo rentals. With the plethora of parties happening, such as the Talelight Films bash last Thursday (October 2) at the Opus Hotel, movie types require impressive transport. But let’s be frank: Any cabal of prom queens can rent a limo and cruise down Robson hooting out of the roof. Mega-stars, however, need more.

**snippage**

Some of our thesps do get to rub shoulders, and God knows what else, with Hollywood royalty — just ask Scarlett Johansson’s new hubby, Ryan Reynolds. Meanwhile, Ryan Robbins, co-star of the new Movie Central series Sanctuary, has been keeping company with Anne Hathaway. Not like that, alas. “I’m married,” Robbin pointed out, “and she’s tall.” The five-foot-something Robbins co-stars with Hathaway in the upcoming Passengers. It concerns a plane crash on an island, “but there are no polar bears,” Robbins assures. Meanwhile, he can be seen alongside Stargate’s Amanda Tapping in Sanctuary, a series that has followed the modern development trail of web-to-TV. Tapping plays 157-year-old Dr. Helen Magnus. That may seem old for the lovely Ms. Tapping, but in Hollywood years, 157 translates into about 43. Perfect.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - Total SciFi: Review 'Sanctuary For All':

From Total SciFi:

(The review author rated this episode with a 7 out of 10. Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Posted on Thursday 09 October 2008

Sanctuary: Sanctuary for All Part 1 (series 1, episode 1)

TV episode review

US airdate 3 October 2008 (Sci Fi Channel)
                    UK airdate 6 October 2008 (ITV4)

A forensic psychologist discovers a new world lurking beneath the surface of ours...

There's a lot of potential in the first hour of Sanctuary's pilot, which has many beats in common with Torchwood's opener, Everything Changes. A police officer – in this case a forensic psychologist played by Robin Dunne – attends the scene of a crime where things aren't as they seem. A mysterious figure makes contact, and introduces the officer to a totally different reality, where strange creatures live out of everyday sight...

Visually the show takes cues from the first Hellboy movie, as well as the second season closer of Primeval, mixed in with a standard police procedural, which is what it resembles in its opening minutes. There are a few clichés: Dunne's character Will Zimmerman has flashbacks to "something horrible in his childhood", and he's already regarded as a weirdo by his colleagues.

**snipapge**

Definitely worth further investigation.

-- Paul Simpson

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - DigiGuide (UK): What to Watch:

At DigiGuide (UK):

What to Watch

Sci Fi

New US dramas Fringe and Sanctuary get into their stride. New channel Watch gives us another blast of Doctor Who with David Tennant and Billie Piper. Meanwhile the Doctor's old assistant Sarah Jane Smith is off to the circus in The Sarah Jane Adventures. And Peter Petrelli searches for answers in Heroes, while Dr Keller's in trouble in Stargate Atlantis.

Sanctuary -

What is Will scared of?

Sanctuary, showing Monday October 13th on ITV4 at 9:00pm

The new sci-fi series continues. The enigmatic Dr Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping) has recruited Will Zimmerman (Robin Dunne) to join her in the quest to study and protect strange creatures that secretly populate our world.

Will is drawn further into Magnus's mysterious world and finds himself confronting his oldest fear. Forces converge on the target of their hunt, including someone from Dr Magnus's distant past...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - About.com: Review, Photo Gallery, Interview:

At About.com's SciFi/Fantasy Guide:

Review of Sanctuary's 'Sanctuary For All':

Sanctuary Photo Gallery

Amanda Tapping's New World

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

TV.com "Between Takes" video interview

http://www.tv.com/video/15135/101/22...v&category=all

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6wa37r

Comment

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...sanctuary-mak\
                            es-its.html

Star of new TV show Sanctuary says pioneering visual style is the key to its
                            appeal

By David Bentley on Oct 10, 08 12:14 AM in TV shows

excerpt:

Tapping told Underwire: "With green screen, we could go anywhere - from the
                            Himalayas to Bermuda. And we could do anything."

Sanctuary began life as a web-based series, with its success leading to a TV
                            network deal with Sci Fi Channel. The show has just begun a 13-episode season,
                            which started on Monday on ITV4 in the UK.

Tapping said: "We're not taking the webisodes and putting them on the air.
                            We're creating all new content to flesh out the mythology and storyline."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                              Sanctuary - The Hachiko: Review - 'Sanctuary For All':

At The Hachiko:

(The review author rated this episode with a 3 out of 5. Please follow the link for the complete review.)

'Sanctuary' (1.1) "Sanctuary for All" - Review

Tue, 10/07/2008 - 12:21 — Vrej Hezaran

Watching the premiere of Sanctuary made me anxious for a bit when I found out that it was based on a web series. I wasn't sure if that meant they expected viewers to have seen the webisodes prior to jumping into the series proper, but happily this was not the case. The first episode of Sanctuary sets up the premise nicely, if a bit slowly, and seems to require no knowledge of the previous Internet
                              effort.

**snippage**

While not the most exciting pilot of a show, Sanctuary had enough there to bring sci-fi fans back for another few outings before deciding whether they should continue watching. The action was perfectly adequate, but there were long stretches of downtime between then that many could find boring (I admit I found myself yawning now and then). Perhaps debuting with two hours wasn't the best idea, so we'll see how Sanctuary fares when it settles into its normal one-hour episode format next week.
                              3 out of 5, that's pretty good .

Sanctuary - Total SciFi: Review 'Sanctuary For All':

From Total SciFi:

(The review author rated this episode with a 7 out of 10. Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Posted on Thursday 09 October 2008

Sanctuary: Sanctuary for All Part 1 (series 1, episode 1)

TV episode review

US airdate 3 October 2008 (Sci Fi Channel)
                              UK airdate 6 October 2008 (ITV4)

A forensic psychologist discovers a new world lurking beneath the surface of ours...

There's a lot of potential in the first hour of Sanctuary's pilot, which has many beats in common with Torchwood's opener, Everything Changes. A police officer – in this case a forensic psychologist played by Robin Dunne – attends the scene of a crime where things aren't as they seem. A mysterious figure makes contact, and introduces the officer to a totally different reality, where strange creatures live out of everyday sight...

Visually the show takes cues from the first Hellboy movie, as well as the second season closer of Primeval, mixed in with a standard police procedural, which is what it resembles in its opening minutes. There are a few clichés: Dunne's character Will Zimmerman has flashbacks to "something horrible in his childhood", and he's already regarded as a weirdo by his colleagues.

**snipapge**

Definitely worth further investigation.

-- Paul Simpson
                              Alright 7 0ut of 10, that's better, but I want a perfect score .

Sanctuary - About.com: Review, Photo Gallery, Interview:

At About.com's SciFi/Fantasy Guide:

Review of Sanctuary's 'Sanctuary For All':

Sanctuary Photo Gallery

Amanda Tapping's New World
                              I liked that review, and I liked what was said about Amanda:

Spoiler:
                              "The synergy between writers and performers looks promising. Amanda Tapping, enthused about creating a radically different character after eleven years playing Samantha Carter, is clearly expending tremendous effort to separate Helen from her other alter ego, and is as successful as possible, all things considered; occasionally a raised chin, a bright smile will remind us of Colonel Carter, but on the whole Tapping is able to successfully deliver a woman who's experienced a century and a half of isolation, strangeness, and relentless compassion."

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                              Cool .

Comment

Sanctuary - Deseret News: On TV Today Oct. 10 '08:

From the Deseret News (Salt Lake City, UT):

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Today on TV

By Scott D. Pierce
                                Deseret News

Published: Friday, Oct. 10, 2008

... Sanctuary (8 and 10 p.m., Sci Fi): The team travels to Scotland to investigate three women found in an ancient crypt.

~~**~~**

At Captured by Gravity:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Friday, October 10, 2008
                                TV Bites

... Tonight: another episode of Sanctuary on the Sci-Fi Channel. Last week's pilot episode was compelling, interesting, and well-written. Plus, there were mermaids. Oh, and Jack The Ripper. Sounds like reason enough to tune in tonight.
                                Last edited by morjana; 10 October 2008, 12:29 AM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X