X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
    Thank you so much, parsifal!

Some screen prints:

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

This live journal has three reports on the Paley Center and NBC Store Experience events:

Paley Center - Part 1

Paley Center - Part 2

NBC Experience Store

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - Lower Decks: Review 'Sanctuary For All':

At Lower Decks:

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Review: Sanctuary 1×1,1×2 “Sanctuary for All”

Posted by Diesel Micky Dolenz

5:06PM, Thursday, October 9th, 2008

Sanctuary makes the leap from web-series to television series, using green-screen technology for nearly every environment used in the show. The Sanctuary in question is a home for beings that don’t fit into most people’s definition of “normal.” Some are there for their own protection, others for ours.

**snippage**

In all, it was a satisfying opening for a new series. The green-screen backgrounds made for some interesting shots, but weren’t too distracting when being used for everyday locations. With all the exposition that has to occur when introducing a new show, it’s difficult to gauge how well the characters and the writing will hold up on a weekly basis, but for now they’re good enough to warrant another week’s viewing.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - Canada - Movie Central: NEW episode, 'Fata Morgana':

From Canada's Movie Central:

Sanctuary [HD]- New episode

Fridays at 8:00 pm MT

Eps. #03: "Fata Morgana" - Helen and Will confront John Druitt with deadly results from a member of the Sanctuary team. Starring Amanda Tapping, Robin Dunne, Emilie Ullerup.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

At TV Guide Online:

Robin Dunne gives us a sneak peek at Sanctuary

SANCTUARY's Robin Dunne to navigate love triangle.

Hearts were pitter-pattering a little faster when Sanctuary's Robin Dunne stopped by our studio for a chat with Erin Fox. Robin plays the bewildered but brilliant forensic psychiatrist Dr. Will Zimmerman, who has been recruited to treat "abnormals" in a large sanctuary run by Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping). In the video, Robin talks about the challenges of playing someone brought into such a frightening and different world, acting against green screens 90 percent of the time and a possible love triangle on the horizon. The series airs on Sci Fi on Fridays at 9 pm/ET.

Video runs 4:43 mins.

Download link

Also embedded on my google blog.
            Last edited by morjana; 10 October 2008, 10:10 PM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - NY Daily News: What's on Friday:

At the New York Daily News (New York, NY):

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

What's on TV Friday night

By Richard Huff

Friday, October 10th 2008

... 10 (SciFi) "Sanctuary." For those who may not have checked this series out, it follows the adventures of a beautiful, enigmatic and surprising Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping), her partner and her daughter who, together, track down and study the creatures that secretly populate the world.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                Sanctuary - Deseret News: On TV Today Oct. 10 '08:

From the Deseret News (Salt Lake City, UT):

Today on TV

By Scott D. Pierce
                Deseret News

Published: Friday, Oct. 10, 2008

... Sanctuary (8 and 10 p.m., Sci Fi): The team travels to Scotland to investigate three women found in an ancient crypt.

~~**~~**

At Captured by Gravity:

Friday, October 10, 2008
                TV Bites

... Tonight: another episode of Sanctuary on the Sci-Fi Channel. Last week's pilot episode was compelling, interesting, and well-written. Plus, there were mermaids. Oh, and Jack The Ripper. Sounds like reason enough to tune in tonight.
                I liked that a lot, "the team", I actually smiled when I read that, it reminds me of SG-1 . Good review too .

Sanctuary - Lower Decks: Review 'Sanctuary For All':

At Lower Decks:

Review: Sanctuary 1×1,1×2 “Sanctuary for All”

Posted by Diesel Micky Dolenz

5:06PM, Thursday, October 9th, 2008

Sanctuary makes the leap from web-series to television series, using green-screen technology for nearly every environment used in the show. The Sanctuary in question is a home for beings that don’t fit into most people’s definition of “normal.” Some are there for their own protection, others for ours.

**snippage**

In all, it was a satisfying opening for a new series. The green-screen backgrounds made for some interesting shots, but weren’t too distracting when being used for everyday locations. With all the exposition that has to occur when introducing a new show, it’s difficult to gauge how well the characters and the writing will hold up on a weekly basis, but for now they’re good enough to warrant another week’s viewing.
                Alright, pretty good .

Sanctuary - NY Daily News: What's on Friday:

At the New York Daily News (New York, NY):

What's on TV Friday night

By Richard Huff

Friday, October 10th 2008

... 10 (SciFi) "Sanctuary." For those who may not have checked this series out, it follows the adventures of a beautiful, enigmatic and surprising Dr. Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping), her partner and her daughter who, together, track down and study the creatures that secretly populate the world.
                Cool .

Comment

Nice reports, thanks! I was at both events, too.

Btw, here's a mini album of photos that I took of Amanda at the NBC Experience store last week:
                  http://www.madmala.com/gallery/main.php

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50 View Post

Btw, here's a mini album of photos that I took of Amanda at the NBC Experience store last week:

Thanks for sharing. BTW, love your banners/smilies and the shooting Helen one makes me LOL!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

This live journal has three reports on the Paley Center and NBC Store Experience events:

Paley Center - Part 1
                      Paley Center - Part 2
                      NBC Experience Store
                      Super! I'm so hyped by so many detailed/fun reports and cool pics. At last NYC has a piece of the Sci-Fi celebrity pie.

Just sayin', good showing off, everyone! NYC 'hearts' all our fellow out-of-town attendees. Maybe, just maybe, Amanda will come back...*dreams fangirl dreams...
                      MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                      sigpic
                      Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Nice shots! Looks like you snapped them from the other angle where a group of us (the 'paparrazzi' as Amanda laughed at us) were stationed

Comment

[NOTE: This interview is a repeat from their November 11, 2007 broadcast.]

At Voices From Krypton:

October 10, 2008

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: AMANDA TAPPING ON "SANCTUARY"

When Amanda Tapping and her business partners decided to create the online series Sanctuary, the intention all along was for the show to eventually be picked up by a television network. Highly innovative for its virtual sets and approach to storytelling, Sanctuary has been brought to the next level in its transition into a SciFi Channel series, which is maintaining many of the elements that made the show an online success. In this exclusive one-on-one interview, Amanda Tapping discusses the series as well as her feelings about leaving the Stargate franchise behind her.

Download Link:

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - Grrl TV: Review of 'Fata Morgana':

At Grrl TV:

‘Sanctuary’ 1.03 Review: Three Witches

by Chandra on October 11th, 2008

Episode: Fata Morgana

Original Air Date: October 10, 2008

After checking out this week’s episode “Fata Morgana,” I’m liking Sci Fi Channel’s Sanctuary. It has a nice, if familiar, contrast going on between contemplative, accepting doctor Helen (Amanda Tapping) and skeptical but surprisingly quick-witted doctor Will (Robin Dunne). Maybe it’s the dour expression or his academic air, but I didn’t expect the latter character to be capable of so much deliberate humor; I thought most of the laughs would come at his expense.

... So, when the cabal leader informs Helen at the end of the standoff that the people he works for are far from forgiving types, Helen still allows The Morrigan to leave before ordering him off her property. She then explains to Will they gave the sisters the choice to be free, although what they do next is their choice.

Sure, that’s not the deepest or most original plot development, but it’s good enough for a story about three witches from the Medieval era. If Sanctuary can deliver a couple more episodes with the same combination of humor, storytelling, and action (mostly on Ashley’s part), I’ll sign up as a card-carrying fan.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - Grrl TV: Review of 'Fata Morgana':

At Grrl TV:

‘Sanctuary’ 1.03 Review: Three Witches

by Chandra on October 11th, 2008

Episode: Fata Morgana

Original Air Date: October 10, 2008

After checking out this week’s episode “Fata Morgana,” I’m liking Sci Fi Channel’s Sanctuary. It has a nice, if familiar, contrast going on between contemplative, accepting doctor Helen (Amanda Tapping) and skeptical but surprisingly quick-witted doctor Will (Robin Dunne). Maybe it’s the dour expression or his academic air, but I didn’t expect the latter character to be capable of so much deliberate humor; I thought most of the laughs would come at his expense.

... So, when the cabal leader informs Helen at the end of the standoff that the people he works for are far from forgiving types, Helen still allows The Morrigan to leave before ordering him off her property. She then explains to Will they gave the sisters the choice to be free, although what they do next is their choice.

Sure, that’s not the deepest or most original plot development, but it’s good enough for a story about three witches from the Medieval era. If Sanctuary can deliver a couple more episodes with the same combination of humor, storytelling, and action (mostly on Ashley’s part), I’ll sign up as a card-carrying fan.
                              Wicked cool .

Comment

[/CENTER]
                                Thank you so much for sharing, Mala. Gorgeous photos!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X