X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
    True.
    Spoiler:
    And at least AT and Co have enough control that they said they have a cool way of bringing her back some next season. I don't think it's a personnel decision -it's not because EU was bad. It's a creative (storyline decision) - unfortunately for EU, Ashley is the character she plays. That's just the impression I get.
    Spoiler:
    From the comments I've read from people on various other boards, as well as here at Gateworld, most people are very much against Ashley's death, and nobody likes the Kate character. There may not be many people left to watch the 'cool' way of bringing her back in S3.

Nobody has said it has anything to do with EU.

You say it's a creative storyline decision, and I say it stinks of network interference.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
      If they get another season. This seems as a mean to appease Emilie's fans and to 'blackmail' them into continuing watching the show.

The blackmail doesn't bother me so long as there is another season and Ashley comes back.
      sigpic

Comment

Is there going to be a Sanctuary Expo Day?

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
          Spoiler:
          From the comments I've read from people on various other boards, as well as here at Gateworld, most people are very much against Ashley's death, and nobody likes the Kate character. There may not be many people left to watch the 'cool' way of bringing her back in S3.

You say it's a creative storyline decision, and I say it stinks of network interference.

Course if people read this,

Spoiler:
          then they may watch it just to see how things progress, with the dangly news of Ashley's possible resurrection would be enough to entice some people to keep watching.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
            Course if people read this,

Spoiler:
            then they may watch it just to see how things progress, with the dangly news of Ashley's possible resurrection would be enough to entice some people to keep watching.
            Unless the network gives them another 'brilliant suggestion'

Comment

Then they're screwed.....
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Someone mentioned on the Syfy comments that the show is bigger than one character. It's not the Ashley show. Yes she was a fun character and I liked her! EU did a great job! But I like so much more about the show than just one character. Granted there are people that will leave as you said and people will encourage them... but not everyone.

Comment

Indeed!

What I find funny is that Ashley was never one of my favourite characters, but I could see the potential of the Mother/Daughter/serial-killer Father story. I just don't see how
                  Spoiler:
                  killing off Ashley and replacing her with a cliche character is good for any development of the other characters.
                  sigpic

Comment

but I could see the potential of the Mother/Daughter/serial-killer Father story. I just don't see how

I liked that potential..... but *sigh* not this season
                    sigpic

Comment

Indeed!

What I find funny is that Ashley was never one of my favourite characters, but I could see the potential of the Mother/Daughter/serial-killer Father story. I just don't see how
                      Spoiler:
                      killing off Ashley and replacing her with a cliche character is good for any development of the other characters.
                      Maybe the network likes Agam Darshi better?

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                        Someone mentioned on the Syfy comments that the show is bigger than one character. It's not the Ashley show. Yes she was a fun character and I liked her! EU did a great job! But I like so much more about the show than just one character. Granted there are people that will leave as you said and people will encourage them... but not everyone.
                        I've just posted that Ashley was never my favourite character, and I certainly wont stop watching. What I do dislike is the replacement character, which really feels like a network decision. They probably used a focus group for that one.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yhea I kinda agree with that you are saying Siles. It does smell of blackmail. Kinda like the SGA fans refuse to watch SG-U because of the lack of a movie.

What is up with the sci-fi studio people these days? Just give us what we bloody want and stop messing up our shows!

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                          Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
                            Yhea I kinda agree with that you are saying Siles. It does smell of blackmail. Kinda like the SGA fans refuse to watch SG-U because of the lack of a movie.

What is up with the sci-fi studio people these days? Just give us what we bloody want and stop messing up our shows!
                            but that would be too simple and smart.... I don't think they have reached the smart level yet.... lol!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Syfy Set Report: ‘Sanctuary’ – Season Two Preview Part Two

http://popculturezoo.com/archives/4651

Comment

How about someone creates a thread to discuss this EU interview? This thread is mainly for posting news items so we don't clog up discussion threads, and by the same token we shouldn't clog up this thread with in depth discussion nor meaningless fan chatter. Please use a bit of discretion when posting here.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X