This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antoa View Post
    Did we ever get any numbers for last week? Did I miss them?
    you mean ratings? we usually have to wait two weeks
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      you mean ratings? we usually have to wait two weeks
      The ratings for the pilot were out within the week - at least the preliminary numbers were.

Comment

The ratings for the pilot were out within the week - at least the preliminary numbers were.
        yeah but there's always a press release for premieres and finales
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Did you try to search this thread?

Because an article with the ratings was posted on Oct. 7th:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=262

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
            Did you try to search this thread?

Because an article with the ratings was posted on Oct. 7th:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=262
            I was talking about rating for last week's episode, Fata Morgana. I already saw the ones for the premiere. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
              Great reply suse I left a reply today too.

Julia(samcarterrules)
              Good for you hon .

Yeah I was wondering about that.

Comment

I was talking about rating for last week's episode, Fata Morgana. I already saw the ones for the premiere. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer.
                The weekly episode ratings are released through a different report gathering process (than premiere ratings), the Nielsen Galaxy Report. Those ratings are released through SciFi Wire on Monday's, and they're three weeks AFTER the episode aired, so we have two weeks to wait yet.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                  The weekly episode ratings are released through a different report gathering process (than premiere ratings), the Nielsen Galaxy Report. Those ratings are released through SciFi Wire on Monday's, and they're three weeks AFTER the episode aired, so we have two weeks to wait yet.

Morjana
                  Yeah, I got that. My question was already answered. I don't remember having to wait so long for at least the preliminary numbers before (with other series), but apparently I was mistaken.

Comment

Yeah, I got that. My question was already answered. I don't remember having to wait so long for at least the preliminary numbers before (with other series), but apparently I was mistaken.
                    Well, probably not with other series on regular 'broadcast networks' (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW, etc.), but for the SciFi Channel, we have had to wait three weeks for both SG1 and SGA for the official SciFi Channel ratings and not just the overnight's that sometimes are reported for episodes that do exceptionally well (like 'The Lost Tribe' just did).

American TV - can't live with it, can't live without it.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

At SciFi Wire:

12:00 AM, 17-OCTOBER-08

Exclusive: New Sanctuary Title Video!

SCI FI Wire has an exclusive preview of the new title sequence for its original series Sanctuary. The new title will debut on the Oct. 17 episode, "Folding Man." Sanctuary airs Fridays at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - Pop Syndicate: Review - 'Fata Morgana':

At Pop Syndicate:

(The review author rated this review with three and 1/2 stars out of 4. Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Sanctuary (1.01): Fata Morgana

by Amber Spence

10/16/2008

An original web based show turned primetime. Stars Amanda Tapping as Helen Magnus, scientist studying the extreme and Robin Dunne as Zimmerman the psychologist who people say sees too much.

A much stronger showing than the somewhat convoluted premiere, the second episode of Sanctuary was much more coherent and the pacing was quite improved. In a similar fashion to the primary episode, the writers focused on reeling in the viewer with captivation action. Even though we were thrust right into a conflict, it was executed well and did a fine job of drawing in the audience.

**snippage**

Once again I want to note that this episode worked much better and more artfully portrays the potential of the series. It seems less like the pointless rambling of the premiere and I look forward to the following episode.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - Amanda Tapping - Ghost Hunters Live!:

At SciFi.com:

Hosted by Josh Gates

Friday October 31 At 7/6C (from 7pm to 2am)

Brace yourself this Halloween when TAPS takes you on the ultimate ghost hunt. The team returns to the Fort Delaware scene of this season's most jolting and revealing episode.

<><><><>

I heard a commercial for this event, and supposedly Amanda Tapping will be participating in some fashion with this event.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA/Sanctuary - Clique Clack: Tonight on the Tube:

At Clique Clack:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Tonight on the tube

October 17th, 2008 by Jason Hughes

**snippage**

8:00p/7:00 Central

* SciFi repeats last week’s Stargate: Atlantis while Cartoon Network throws down the third Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

9:00p/8:00 Central

* Following up those repeats is the new Stargate: Altantis, in which plague refugees face new dangers from the Wraith.

10:00p/9:00 Central

* Or if creepy and “out of this world (but not literally probably)” action is more your style, find out what a folding man is on SciFi’s Sanctuary. I’ve known men who boasted they could fold … well, never mind. They were probably lying anyway.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

At Buddy TV:

(Please follow the link for the complete text portion of the interview.)

Exclusive Interview with 'Sanctuary' Star Robin Dunne

Friday, October 17, 2008

Sanctuary which airs Fridays at 10pm on the Sci Fi Channel, is an unusual show for two big reasons. First, it began as a web series, which impressed the Sci Fi Channel and led it to pick up Sanctuary as a TV series. And second, the show is filmed largely with green screens, meaning the majority of what viewers see is computer generated.

If you didn't know this, you might not be able to tell. Sure, you'd suspect the fire-breathing, three-headed monster was CGI, but what about the houses or the streets or the rain or a trash can? Such is the wonder of Sanctuary, and star Robin Dunne is quite aware of what a special environment he works in. BuddyTV spoke to Dunne about his journey to Sanctuary, working with the cast and crew, and coping with the green screen technology.

Download link

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Sanctuary - Buddy TV: Robin Dunne Audio Interview:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....87&postcount=1

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X