No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can speak French pretty well..I even had someone fooled into thinking I was French when I was speaking to a customer that was French..I almost wanted to be a translator for the UN at one point..but did not go to school for a language major..even though my French teacher tried to talk me into it
    sigpic
    artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
    My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years
    But you still have
    All of me..." Evanes
    cence
    [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
      Language OT:
      Spoiler:
      OMG DO NOT TAKE SPANISH!! ive been forced to take it for years now and its effing horrible. not worth the time learn something cool and useful like croatian or russian or something hahaha. and personally i think most other languages, spoken by the right person, are sexy. spoken by the wrong person, they are not. haha
      OT
      Spoiler:
      okay, okay. I wasn't going to take Spanish you know as I said, I mostly understand it and I'm not very attracted by it.
      and I agree with you, spoken by the right person most languages are sexy.

like if our genius would speak Serbian on show now that would be sexy

Originally posted by Aurora7783 View Post
      I can speak French pretty well..I even had someone fooled into thinking I was French when I was speaking to a customer that was French..I almost wanted to be a translator for the UN at one point..but did not go to school for a language major..even though my French teacher tried to talk me into it
      OT reply
      Spoiler:

wow, I was never very good at French and it's funny cuz I've been studying French even before English but I know English better

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
        OT
        Spoiler:
        okay, okay. I wasn't going to take Spanish you know as I said, I mostly understand it and I'm not very attracted by it.

OT reply
        Spoiler:

wow, I was never very good at French and it's funny cuz I've been studying French even before English but I know English better
        Spoiler:
        sometimes certain languages just click with an individual while others do not..I find I can speak the romance languages easier than a language that is very choppy..I have been trying Mandarin or Japanese and it is not going as well as trying to learn Welch or Swiss which I am trying to learn
        sigpic
        artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
        My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
        When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
        And I held your hand through all of these years
        But you still have
        All of me..." Evanes
        cence
        [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora7783 View Post
          Spoiler:
          sometimes certain languages just click with an individual while others do not..I find I can speak the romance languages easier than a language that is very choppy..I have been trying Mandarin or Japanese and it is not going as well as trying to learn Welch or Swiss which I am trying to learn
          Spoiler:
          I see your point and you're probably right
          and I had a thought for quite some time to try learning Japanese but I didn't get to actually do it

Comment

I've noticed that It's hard to stay on topic when Sanctuary is on hiatus. October needs to hurry its butt up.
            "Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyKewl View Post
              I've noticed that It's hard to stay on topic when Sanctuary is on hiatus. October needs to hurry its butt up.
              haha that's right
              we need season 3 to fill the thread with some new Tesla discussion and squeeing

Comment

Hey, Teslenites. I've created a new account for my Tesla dedication playlist. And I would still like more songs. 27 isn't enough.

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/19854991371
                "Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla

Comment

OT
                  Spoiler:

OH SWEET GOD!!! please let that happen!!! i want to break the internet with our sqqueeing of joy XD
                  haha that's right
                  we need season 3 to fill the thread with some new Tesla discussion and squeeing
                  well we only get off topic becuase somebody keeps bringing up offtopic conversations....but yes october needs to get here faster i want my Niko saving the day and squeeing and serbian speaking and pigeons and shirtlessness due to 27 lap swimming

Hey, Teslenites. I've created a new account for my Tesla dedication playlist. And I would still like more songs. 27 isn't enough.

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/19854991371
                  Teslenites...wrong thread jkk jkk i'll check out the list whence i get home
                  sigpic
                  thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Second Son by Elliot Brood added.

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                      OH SWEET GOD!!! please let that happen!!! i want to break the internet with our sqqueeing of joy XD
                      this will no doubt happen haha

made two icons well basically one with different colorings I got the inspiration this morning when I was brushing my teeth

oh and CrazyKewl, what do you think about the song "Everybody loves me" by one Republic? I think it fits Nikola. well, from our POV

Comment

Hai everybody! *waves* I'm looking for good books to read over the summer and I was wondering if any of you have read any good biographies on Tesla.

Comment

Everybody Loves Me by One Republic added Thanks for suggesting that one, stargatelover4ever.

Comment

OMG! Look what I just found!

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2363385,00.asp

Comment

Originally posted by tigerlilybrown View Post
                              Hai everybody! *waves* I'm looking for good books to read over the summer and I was wondering if any of you have read any good biographies on Tesla.
                              hey there I think I know what you want here's the link to Tesla's autobiography, an online book (which I still haven't finished reading it shame on me)

http://www.lucidcafe.com/library/96j...laautobio.html

it's very interesting

haha I knew that. I can't remember where I've read it before though. He was a genius from all points of view and I find it amazing that he made such a prediction which finally became true. GENIUS!

Comment

I wonder what else he predicted.

Comment

Working...
                                X