Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrazyKewl View Post
    Here's another thing Edison should be charged for:

In New York, Tesla started to work for Edison. For a year he worked a shift from 10:30 A.M. one day to 5:00 A.M. the next day. The manager had promised him $50,000 when the job was completed, but Tesla found out the offer was a practical joke and he quit.

999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 for the above.

Plus the 50,000 Nikola was promised.
    Hmm. If he worked for Edison, then why wasn't he mentioned in the Edison biography I flipped through the other day? I think I'll add $2800 to the bill. (That's about how much it'll cost to go to the Sanctuary convention in Vancouver ) So: $2800 for being in biographies that don't mention Tesla!

Originally posted by kivawolfspeaker View Post
    I bring up a qoute from Tesla with respect to this:

"The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine"

EDIT Site where I got the qoute from: http://thinkexist.com/quotes/nikola_tesla/
    Just checked this out and I found this one:

My method is different. I do not rush into actual work. When I get a new idea, I start at once building it up in my imagination, and make improvements and operate the device in my mind. When I have gone so far as to embody everything in my invention, every possible improvement I can think of, and when I see no fault anywhere, I put into concrete form the final product of my brain.
    Sounds an awful lot like what I do with my stories. Takes me forever to write them down on paper/in Word because I'm writing and editing them in my head instead...who knew he did the same thing?
    sigpic
    ~the guitarists~

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
      Hmm. If he worked for Edison, then why wasn't he mentioned in the Edison biography I flipped through the other day? I think I'll add $2800 to the bill. (That's about how much it'll cost to go to the Sanctuary convention in Vancouver ) So: $2800 for being in biographies that don't mention Tesla!
      haha perfect

Sounds an awful lot like what I do with my stories. Takes me forever to write them down on paper/in Word because I'm writing and editing them in my head instead...who knew he did the same thing?
      haha sounds like you're channeling you're inner Genius
      sigpic
      thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Yeah, I'm always editing things to. That's why it takes me a long time, plus I tend to need to do a fair amount of research
        ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

Yeah, I'm always editing things to. That's why it takes me a long time, plus I tend to need to do a fair amount of research
          Yeah, I think I'll have to do a bit of research for the one I'm currently working on. But it'll be worth it! I'll make sure to give all of you the link
          sigpic
          ~the guitarists~

Comment

just realized I haven't posted some pics for a while enjoy
            Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah, I think I'll have to do a bit of research for the one I'm currently working on. But it'll be worth it! I'll make sure to give all of you the link
              I am looking forward to immensely
              sigpic

Comment

Edison should also be charged for being born. So, 999,999,999,999,999,999 for that!
                "Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla

Comment

And also be charged for the stamp and envelope of the bill.
                  "Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla

Comment

Videos from a movie Jonathon was in called "A Bear Named Winnie"

The Trailer:

And A behind the scenes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0pAGG1WwUw
                    Last edited by kivawolfspeaker; 21 February 2010, 09:22 AM.
                    ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

Kiva that first one was cool, Jon just looked so adorable in that outfit! but the second one isnt working, well, not for me anyways
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok, changed it to just the link. Apperantly you can't embed

Comment

Ok, changed it to just the link. Apperantly you can't embed
                          ok sweet *scurries off to watch it *
                          sigpic

Comment

thanks for sharing the vids kiva

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
                              thanks for sharing the vids kiva
                              third that
                              sigpic

Comment

oh and btw sg4ever nice pic spam earlier
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X