X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice banners as always *smirks*
    sigpic

Comment

*comes stubling in with a weight of songs * mwoahahah prepare for bombardment

Hypnotized

Spoiler:

It's the same kind of story
      That seems to come down from long ago
      Two friends having coffee together
      When something flies by their window
      It might be out on that lawn
      Which is wide, at least half of a playing field
      Because there's no explaining what your imagination

Can make you see and feel
      Seems like a dream
      They got me hypnotized

Now it's not a meaningless question
      To ask if they've been and gone
      I remember a talk about North
      Carolina and a strange, strange pond
      You see the sides were like glass
      In the thick of a forest without a road
      And if any man's ever made that land
      Then I think it would've showed

Seems like a dream
      They got me hypnotized

They say there's a place down in Mexico
      Where a man can fly over mountains and hills
      And he don't need an airplane or some kind of engine
      And he never will
      Now you know it's a meaningless question
      To ask if those stories are right
      'Cause what matters most if the feeling
      You get when you're hypnotized
      Seems like a dream
      They got me hypnotized

Save Me A Place

Spoiler:
      Don't know why I have to work
      Don't know why I can't play
      Turn me off turn me out
      But don't turn me away

Save me a place
      I'll come running if you love me today
      Don't know why I have to go
      Don't know why I can't stay

Guess I want to be alone
      And I guess I need to be amazed
      Save me a place
      I'll come running if you love me today
      I'll come running if you love me today.

Second Hand News

Spoiler:
      I know there's nothing to say
      Someone has taken my place
      When times go bad
      When times go rough
      Won't you lay me down in tall grass
      And let me do my stuff

I know I got nothin' on you
      I know there's nothing to do
      When times go bad
      And you can't get enough
      Won't you lay me down in the tall grass
      And let me do my stuff

One thing I think you should know
      I ain't gonna miss you when you go
      Been down so long
      I've been tossed around enough
      Couldn't you just
      Let me go down and do my stuff

I know you're hopin' to find
      Someone who's gonna give you piece of mind
      When times go bad
      when times go rough
      Won't you lay me down in tall grass
      And let me do my stuff

I'm just second hand news
      I'm just second hand news

And i thoguht this was a good One for 'The 5'

The Chain..Best one i could find that wasn't acient only video and sounded bad. but its go no Lindsey cus he decided to have a hissy fit and not wanted to tour so he left the band and then went cray tried to kill his ex girlfriend.. but ths a differnt story

Spoiler:

Listen to the wind blow
      Watch the sun rise
      Run in the shadows
      Damn your love
      Damn your lies

And if
      You don't love me now
      You will never love me again
      I can still hear you saying
      You would never break the chain.

List to the wind blow
      Down comes the night
      Run in the shadows
      Damn your love
      Damn your lies
      Break the silence
      Damn the dark
      Damn the light

And if
      You don't love me now
      You will never love me again
      I can still hear you saying
      You would never break the chain.

Sorry for the bombardment of Fleetwood Mac...They are my study/assignmenting band and thats what i'm"doing" right now
      Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
      Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

I don't mean the real, historic Nikolas Tesla, that guy (while totally crazy) is one of the most important figures in modern science. I'm talking about the one portrayed on Sanctuary, he is easily the most popular character but is a terrible person. Incorporating the fact I have yet to see the last two episodes of the season, based on the Tesla portrayed in the Catacombs I would say that it would suck to hang out with him for any amount of time.

You probably know more than I do because your taking a psych class. All I have is the hours of tests and interviews that I had to go through. I must have pissed them off because I was always like "What does that mean?" and "What does that do?"
        sigpic
        In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
        "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
          I don't mean the real, historic Nikolas Tesla, that guy (while totally crazy) is one of the most important figures in modern science. I'm talking about the one portrayed on Sanctuary, he is easily the most popular character but is a terrible person. Incorporating the fact I have yet to see the last two episodes of the season, based on the Tesla portrayed in the Catacombs I would say that it would suck to hang out with him for any amount of time.

You probably know more than I do because your taking a psych class. All I have is the hours of tests and interviews that I had to go through. I must have pissed them off because I was always like "What does that mean?" and "What does that do?"
          Oh, well, he's only been in 2 eps, so it's hard to judge what he's really like just by that...I know next season he gets his own episode. What I hope they'll eventually end up doing is explaining the reasons why he acts the way he does. I'm an English major and an avid writer, so I tend to spend time analyzing characters for the heck of it So when I saw Tesla on Sanctuary, I immediately connected him w/ Rodney...at first he was a complete and total JERK for what seemed like no reason. But then they kept exploring his character until we found out that 1) his parents apparently hated each other 2) he never felt adequate as a child (thus, he quit playing piano b/c his teacher said he had no artistic ability ) 3) b/c of all this he constantly feels inferior/threatened b/c he doesn't have enough self confidence--so he makes up for it by bragging and being narcissistic as a defense mechanism. This way he a) can delude himself into feeling good about himself b) create a mask that hides his vulnerability so he won't ever get hurt again.

Now, all of those things that apply to Rodney (except #1) definitely apply to Tesla's character, if you take into account the historical guy. Dane Tesla, Nikola's older brother, was apparently extremely intelligent and somewhat of an innovator himself, and he was his parents' pride and joy...when he died (falling off a horse ), the family never really fully recovered. Little Niko (who was only about 7 at the time--Dane was 14) tried constantly to please his parents by inventing all sorts of things/doing extremely well in school/etc, but all his accomplishments were overshadowed by the loss of his brother. Everything he did reminded his parents of Dane, so Nikola came to feel rejected and inadequate, something that remained with him for the rest of his life (he actually mentions this in his autobiography). According to some, this would explain why he had a ridiculous work rate--he HAD to be the best b/c he had never felt good enough, so he basically tore himself apart in order to climb to the top and stay there. So, given the fact that the real guy felt terribly inadequate and lacked a significant amount of self-confidence, this would definitely explain why he acts so arrogant in the show. Like with Rodney, it's a defense mechanism. He's so tired of being hurt that he doesn't want to be hurt anymore--the real Tesla was cheated so many times by so many different people in his lifetime that he eventually couldn't bring himself to trust even those who called themselves "friends". (Which explains why he says in "Revelations pt. 2" "I don't trust any of you any more than you trust me"). He can't trust people anymore b/c too many have betrayed his trust, and he doesn't want the trauma that his childhood put him through to be exposed (who would?), so he hides it all.

Anyway, that's my theory. If I was Damian Kindler I'd incorporate all that into the show...unfortunately I'm not DK, though. Hopefully all of this will eventually seep in, though... We've already seen a bit of it at Watson's death--Tesla was clearly extremely disturbed by that, which could connect to him remembering Dane. And since the actor who plays him (Jonathon Young) wrote a play about Tesla a while back and portrayed him in that play, hopefully he can bring his knowledge of the real guy to the character.

Anyhoo...I like the character b/c of all that potentiality for development and b/c of his humor, which for some reason makes him really hot Plus, the actor isn't too bad-looking either
          "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

The character is fascinating and complex but deeply disturbed. Like I was saying he appears to demonstrate Histrionic Personality disorder which I have. What happened with me is that I over-compensated and my psychiatrist noticed it because of the complete opposite symptoms I was displaying. I would go to a party and have fun, be charming and popular and then I would go home, feel like a jerk and lock myself away for a week. I also have never gone on a date with a women and I'm still a virgin at 24 because I feel like a chauvinist even when I never do anything wrong and am nice and shy. Imagine if every time you talked to someone of the opposite gender you mentally wanted to do nasty things to them and couldn't stop thinking about ways to get to that i.e. they will say something and you think "If I say this then they will totally sleep with me," so you tell them something totally different so the possibility is destroyed. It is hard to explain so you might have to do research on it. Nobody knows why I repressed it but Tesla fits all the normal signs of a regular case, which my psychiatrist taught me in the mnemonic PRAISE ME:

* P - provocative (or seductive) behavior
            * R - relationships, considered more intimate than they are (Helen and him were colleges at best)
            * A - attention, must be at center of
            * I - influenced easily
            * S - speech (style) - wants to impress, lacks detail (notice his evil plans and his description of how he makes vampires)
            * E - emotional lability, shallowness

* M - make-up - physical appearance used to draw attention to self
            * E - exaggerated emotions - theatrical
            sigpic
            "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

wow interesting discussion here.

while i love learning so much about the real tesla, it have to stop myself every so often and remember that the SFA tesla is fake, and thus the writers can pick and choose the characters past. it seems like they stuck with the OCD thing, since fake tesla continuously wipes his hands.

oh, and welcome Coela Bellatore, and thanks for your insights
              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
              "what?"
              *throat punch*
              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post

while i love learning so much about the real tesla, it have to stop myself every so often and remember that the SFA tesla is fake, and thus the writers can pick and choose the characters past. it seems like they stuck with the OCD thing, since fake tesla continuously wipes his hands.

lol i agree with you there the two figures have their similarities but the TV Tesla is certainly 'inspired' by the real Tesla, but not an accurate depiction of him. he is, after all, a SMEXY vampire

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

Originally posted by ellymelly View Post
                  lol i agree with you there the two figures have their similarities but the TV Tesla is certainly 'inspired' by the real Tesla, but not an accurate depiction of him. he is, after all, a SMEXY vampire
                  oh yes he is

Uncle Tesla wants you!
                  "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                  "what?"
                  *throat punch*
                  My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                  LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Oh I'm talking about the on screen Tesla, the historical Tesla was a nut but the one in Sanctuary is a text book Histrionic Sociopath.
                    sigpic

Comment

oh yes he is

uncle tesla wants you!
                      *faints*

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
                        Oh I'm talking about the on screen Tesla, the historical Tesla was a nut but the one in Sanctuary is a text book Histrionic Sociopath.

Why would a textbook Histrionic Sociopath be sadded by a member of The Five 's death, if Sociopaths aren't supposed to be empathic? Watch the season finale, CB. I think you'll find depth added to the character.

~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

*tries really really hard not to pass out*
                          I'm cunfuzzled, are we talking about Nikola Tesla or Jonathan Tesla ()
                          Love all the pics and banners and icons and song and everything else thats been on here.
                          oh and hi to CB! *waves*
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tesla_Babe View Post
                            *tries really really hard not to pass out*
                            I'm cunfuzzled, are we talking about Nikola Tesla or Jonathan Tesla ()
                            Love all the pics and banners and icons and song and everything else thats been on here.
                            oh and hi to CB! *waves*
                            What she said!

I'm enjoying the discussion, I'm not joining in because I just can't do the whole in depth analyzing about characters on the level of RL crossed over possible background thing, but it does make an interesting read!

...I just like Sanctuary Tesla for The Hair, really.
                            Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

i watch sanctuary for a wide variety of reasons... *smirks*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                                i watch sanctuary for a wide variety of reasons... *smirks*
                                *snorts*
                                ...The Hair, The Hands, The smile...

Oh, so shallow.
                                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Working...
                                X