No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here is my first entry to the current AFA challenge, which was to find an actor/character who shared the same first letter in their name as your screename here on GW. Since my screename starts with a Y, I got to pick Jonathon Young (*facepalm* I can't believe it took me this long after the challenge was given to remember him *hides*), I also loosly followed this tut

I hope you likes
    sigpic
    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Very nice, yamii! Is it snurchable?

Spoiler:
      Signature by Glitch33.
      sigpic
      Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
        It's actually in a made up city in Canada ... Old City. I believe it's in the Northeast, I forget cus I know ir's not New York cus they talk an awful lot about the New York sanctuary
        I thought the Old City referred to the part of the town Sanctuary was build in Like there was Old Town in Basin City (the place where pros had taken control)

The other thought was that London was the Old City, where people left from for the new continent to the new town = New York (Yeah, I may have thought more interesting things when we covered RL cities and such in geography )

The first one didn't answer to anything, the second on made little sense because of forementioned FBI, homeland security and otherwise US kind of setting

Originally posted by tinnec View Post
        I wonder if Tesla just wants the fame that he was deprived of? And he wants it so bad and feels so cheated that he's thrown himself and dedicated his life to making the impact he wants on society. He wants acknowledgement, recognition, and power. I think once he achieves those he'll settle down a little (but he'll still continue with his work, obviously). The journey itself is much more meaningful than the reward. Will Nikola be the same once he gets what he thinks he wants? Or is he doomed to Edison's shadow and trying to be the best and out-do what's been done? As a scientist he should challenge what we have but to such an extreme is unhealthy...but he's a vampire so he's got time and really nothing better to do and it's what he does best. I guess it all depends on the definition of life and how to live it.

...what won't GW let you post? Or should I say, why won't they let you post?
        GW automatically filters some profanity and mods probably are not big of it either Hence, no posting how certain people might see those ungrateful "#¤!" that have nerve call themselves human beings

I don't know if that is the case either. Many ff writers seem to think Nikola continued his more or less public work under false name(s). I can totally see that happening, but there is no references of that in canon... Of course it is different if the credit goes to multiple 'stage names', and the actual man behind the name is left in shadows... But then again, if he didn't got too many enemies like Cabal, he'd probably be able make 'come back' with another name or something.

It could be argued that Nikola was waiting for an opportunity, and that he wanted to recreate vampiric race and chance the world so that he could continue life as Tesla, as he is, not under some false name or assumed identity. It isn't a bad explanation, and Nikola surely loves the attention... For me, that really feels like taking things to extreme just to see one's given name on printed media and challenge stuff. But Nikola tends to take things to extreme.

It is an interesting question, how well Nikola would settle down if he got what he wants. Personally I don't think he'd be happy like that. Ultimate goals are nasty. They make people work like crazy and neglect other things, and once reached, there is little left to pursue... Probably Nikola would create even more challenging projects and new goals, maybe to the point he'd reach insanity. Imho he was flirting with it before The Five, but was pulled back by Helen (and John).

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
        He does look hot in that lab coat, but I'm still partial to that jacket he wore in Awakening. ......... Oh, what the heck, I'll take him in anything!
        The jacket worked incredibly well with his Victorian gentleman and a man of science side And such a great side that is

Comment

Yes, Nikola does look rather attractive in a lab coat! But, then, he can make anything look good.

Spoiler:
          Signature by Glitch33.
          sigpic
          Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Elor: Thanks! All my arts are snurchable unless stated Enjoy!
            sigpic
            Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

ELOR! ELOR! *tackles and ruggles* I've missed you. And you are NOT a bad thread elf. Everyone gets distracted.
              Spoiler:

Well not necessarily in trouble Six, but they deleted the posts cus the pics were larger than what's allowed, but seeing as I don't have a way to tell how big the pics are then I wasn't doing it intentionally.
              Yamii consider it snurched and added to my collection!
              On the edge of breaking down
              sigpic
              Banner made by me

Comment

Spoiler:
                ...or nothing.
                Did I just say that? *skeptical salamandar*

My favorite outfit is the blue shirt + lab coat combo in Sleepers; it really made his eyes pop...or the shirt/waist coat combo in Animus.

Tesla-tricity!

Maybe they're near the border...?
                *cough* I [I]almost[I] added that.... but I thought it best to restrain myself.

Oooo, I liked the Animus outfit too.

Near the border? Why not.

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                So here is my first entry to the current AFA challenge, which was to find an actor/character who shared the same first letter in their name as your screename here on GW. Since my screename starts with a Y, I got to pick Jonathon Young (*facepalm* I can't believe it took me this long after the challenge was given to remember him *hides*),......

I hope you likes
                I've loved that pic of JY since it first showed up, but why the skulls?

Well not necessarily in trouble Six, but they deleted the posts cus the pics were larger than what's allowed, but seeing as I don't have a way to tell how big the pics are then I wasn't doing it intentionally.
                Yamii consider it snurched and added to my collection!
                Ok. Well they really can't blame us for wanting to post large pics of Tesla and JY, right?

And I didn't find any leads to that interview on the JTR or helen/john shipper threads either.
                sigpic
                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                  GW automatically filters some profanity and mods probably are not big of it either Hence, no posting how certain people might see those ungrateful "#¤!" that have nerve call themselves human beings
                  Lol oh you.

I don't know if that is the case either. Many ff writers seem to think Nikola continued his more or less public work under false name(s). I can totally see that happening, but there is no references of that in canon... Of course it is different if the credit goes to multiple 'stage names', and the actual man behind the name is left in shadows... But then again, if he didn't got too many enemies like Cabal, he'd probably be able make 'come back' with another name or something

It could be argued that Nikola was waiting for an opportunity, and that he wanted to recreate vampiric race and chance the world so that he could continue life as Tesla, as he is, not under some false name or assumed identity. It isn't a bad explanation, and Nikola surely loves the attention... For me, that really feels like taking things to extreme just to see one's given name on printed media and challenge stuff. But Nikola tends to take things to extreme.
                  Nikola seems too cocky to have the credit go anywhere but himself, or is that just me?
                  I figured he could just have his name passed on throughout generations. A selective group of the government will know who he is, but the people not in-the-know would gladly accept that he is the great-great grandson or something. Or I wonder if he'd reveal himself since, you know, the whole world now knows of Abnormals.

It is an interesting question, how well Nikola would settle down if he got what he wants. Personally I don't think he'd be happy like that. Ultimate goals are nasty. They make people work like crazy and neglect other things, and once reached, there is little left to pursue... Probably Nikola would create even more challenging projects and new goals, maybe to the point he'd reach insanity. Imho he was flirting with it before The Five, but was pulled back by Helen (and John).
                  So if he were to be isolated, he'd eventually go a little crazy. I get it! And Helen and friends are keeping him sane and healthy. This is why he needs to be nicer to them. And why needs someone to tie him down so he doesn't go all over the place and resort back to his super eccentric self.
                  Honestly, I feel he'll never be satisfied. He'll always want to make history and put his name in books and get the credit. It's his passion to invent things and search for new ideas. It's something he'll never stop doing because he enjoys it so much. I think he won't chase it as excessively if he finally beats Edison's reputation. He'll have his revenge, per say. That past hate is a good fueller for his ambition but once its gone--if it ever will be--he'll still have his passion of science but he'll have--hopefully--good intentions this time round. And I feel I may be going off on a hopeful, not-sure-if-it's-true tangent. Long story short: Tesla will always invent stuff because it's what he loves doing.

I think he has taken a shine to Henry, but ever since Edison, I'm sure he's wary of new technologically-savvy people, so it'll just take time for Nikola to really warm up to him.
                  So his friends are the ones who would actually give him a life outside the lab. And be there for him when he screws up or needs help or needs his ego deflated. They'll keep him on the right track--if he'd stick around, that is.

The jacket worked incredibly well with his Victorian gentleman and a man of science side And such a great side that is
                  I agree. I like me an intelligient man.

*cough* I [I]almost[I] added that.... but I thought it best to restrain myself.
                  Great minds think alike!

Oooo, I liked the Animus outfit too.
                  Yes!!! It is very classy and flattering for Jonathon/Nikola.

Near the border? Why not.
                  That way everyone's happy! *nod*

I've loved that pic of JY since it first showed up, but why the skulls?
                  Tehe, I was wondering about the skulls, too...

Ok. Well they really can't blame us for wanting to post large pics of Tesla and JY, right?

And I didn't find any leads to that interview on the JTR or helen/john shipper threads either.
                  The bigger the better! (At least, no bigger than the computer screen because that's really hard to see all at once and you'd have to keep moving up and down and left and right. )

Comment

The skulls were one of the stock images used in that tut and the tut is called Are We Human? I hope that that clears up some of the confusion.
                    sigpic
                    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Yamii, I like it the way it is
                      Spoiler:

FO, Taiid said she had no idea what was going on, sorry
                      sigpic
                      Banner made by me

Comment

Glitch, I missed you too! Did they make an announcement about allowed pic sizes while I was gone? The last thing I saw was the warning a while ago to make sure we spoilered larger pics... I don't want to be breaking rules! *ruggles* How have you been?

Spoiler:
                        Signature by Glitch33.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thank you for trying, Glitch

Btw great art (I often forgot to mention, I don't want to spam with one-liners and longer messages make me forget )

Nikola seems too cocky to have the credit go anywhere but himself, or is that just me?
                          I figured he could just have his name passed on throughout generations. A selective group of the government will know who he is, but the people not in-the-know would gladly accept that he is the great-great grandson or something. Or I wonder if he'd reveal himself since, you know, the whole world now knows of Abnormals.
                          He certainly does Credit is too good for the ego to be given away, if not absolutely necessary

That is why I wonder if he has some really, really good reasons to not to come back as his own great-great grandson or something, or if he has set his goals higher than becoming rock star in science... Here is what I have been thinking.

After his 'death', things probably were politically too difficult to him for emerge. Later on there was Cabal, after him because they saw him as a danger (at least that was what he said). Why that was, it was never explained, but I think it is somewhat safe to assume it was because of his vampire project - not a line of work that helps with credit and public attention.

So, time without Cabal or too cranky governments after him. A safe time to keep his name alive, as his great-great grandson of whatever he wanted to. Why to choose not to?

Because it would have been a distraction to a better goal (like the vampire project)? This is a choice of priorities: credit and attention or no credit and attention but something else? If, what would that something else be?

Or was it because there was something or someone who he was running from? If so, who or what? Why?

Oh, and about the world knowing of abnormals That is a super-interesting point, one too often neglected, imho. How did it affect the world, what Helen had to say?

Personally I think the effect was somewhat a disappointment for her, but not a surprise. If she was assuming the humankind gives a long look for the newcomers, shrugs and welcomes the 'world of monsters' welcome, why did she built new Sanctuary underground? (Well, one could say that it was because she didn't know she was going to tell when she began her project.)

My logic says it is going to be an insane mess, or people are going to continue as nothing happened. Sure, there were some strange things going on, but, you know sis, there is always a completely rational explanation!*

But the evidence might begin to be just too much to ignore. Abnormal world was been active lately, and more and more people have been sucked into abnormal world. Governments, militarists, scientists... The pressure to believe has been getting more, eh, pressing. The dam is leaking, if not breaking.

Personally I go for a completely-logical-explanation scenario. I simply like it more It is the tension, the difference between abnormal and normal world I love, and I'd hate to lose it... Not that the other way would be boring, it certainly opens a lot new, interesting doors for everyone (Tesla included )

* Probably the 'there is always a completely rational explanation, even if we don't know what it is' is the main reason the abnormal world has not been discovered by general population. It is the mumbojumbo stuff the crazy people speak about. From the abnormal world, some are bound to blabber, but then what? Crazy people talk, and the hoaxes these days, much more convincing that some bones of orangutan and chimpanzee tied together! Quite nicely done, mr. X, very real-like! Are you willing to sell your methods, sir?

This is probably what I think should have been covered better during the series: the interface of abnormal and normal world... I would have ran loops for excitement if we ever got to see Helen&co properly interact with normals who have no idea of abnormal world... Well, there was the ep with the reporters, and it is one of my favorite episodes, but that was more of an ep of normal sucked to abnormal world, where Helen holds certain power. I want to see things other way around: Helen&co forced to play with normal world rules, according which she is no-one, Will is an ex-FBI gone crazy, Henry is a computer nerd and Tesla doesn't even exist.

Comment

Elor no but the pictures over 700 have to be spoilered. You don't have to spoiler all the pics *ruggles*
                            Spoiler:

You're welcome FO
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by me

Comment

So if he were to be isolated, he'd eventually go a little crazy. I get it! And Helen and friends are keeping him sane and healthy. This is why he needs to be nicer to them. And why needs someone to tie him down so he doesn't go all over the place and resort back to his super eccentric self.

I think he has taken a shine to Henry, but ever since Edison, I'm sure he's wary of new technologically-savvy people, so it'll just take time for Nikola to really warm up to him.
                              So his friends are the ones who would actually give him a life outside the lab. And be there for him when he screws up or needs help or needs his ego deflated. They'll keep him on the right track--if he'd stick around, that is.

*snickers at bolded words*
                              Spoiler:
                              I think there are several ladies on here who'd like that job.

I always thought that he just thinks most people are inferior to him, until they prove themselves otherwise, rather than him being wary of him because he's tech-savvy. When he realized Henry is quite smart, it seemed he started treating him better.
                              That's what friends are for!

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                              The skulls were one of the stock images used in that tut and the tut is called Are We Human? I hope that that clears up some of the confusion.
                              Oh, that explains it. Thanks.

Yamii, I like it the way it is
                              I didn't mean that I didn't like it, just curious about why she chose it.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

*ruggles back* How have you been, Glitch?

Spoiler:
                                Signature by Glitch33.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X