Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH HEY.

So I recently read all of ZaraShade's (dunno if you guys know her) Teslen fanfics - loved 'em. Started considering the possibility of writing one myself, but didn't really dwell on it very long. This morning when I woke up, I had an idea for one. Kind of a re-write of "The Five" involving a back-story similar to the ones ZaraShade invented, where Helen and Nikola had a kind of a fling-thing going on back at Oxford, before Nikola had to fake his own death and disappear for 60 years. And then when he appears again Helen is.... more than happy to see him again if you know what I mean. *shifty eyes*

What do you think?

Comment

I don't thunk JY, but I do love Tesla. Just watched Trail of Blood. "Carry me?"

Comment

I don't thunk JYo either but he totally grew on me Such a brilliant mind. I think he compliments Tesla really well
        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
        "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
          Interesting...

Anybody knows anything about Terminal City? Was JYo really in 4 eps of this show?
          I don't remember how many eps he was in, but he was in several. It's not a real big part, though, and guess what? He plays another geek.
          Here's a clip from Jeremiah I thought you might like to see:
          www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwwlgq9av68
          The same person has short clips from many of his other appearances on YT too.

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
          I always want to make something out of this fabulous-yet-deleted screen shot and this is what I came up with. My GIMP skill is still raw and need a hell lot of Nikola's pics to practice.
          Nice, Dino.
          sigpic
          Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

I have noticed JYo's year of birth was added to his wiki page (it was only the date last time I checked).

i thought it would have been that year.. assuming he is 37 going on to 38 in May ??
            Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
            - Doctor Who (series 7)
            - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
            - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
            - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
            - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
              I don't remember how many eps he was in, but he was in several. It's not a real big part, though, and guess what? He plays another geek.
              Here's a clip from Jeremiah I thought you might like to see:
              www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwwlgq9av68
              The same person has short clips from many of his other appearances on YT too.

Nice, Dino.
              I don't know why he always casted as a geek on TV shows (except those 5-minute appearances in "Da Vinci's Inquest" or "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants"). If you were able to cast him in any shows, what character would you put him in?

And thank you, NumberSix!
              sigpic
              Sign by me

Comment

I wouldn't believe everything BigBear and CrazyCat say though Dino and that's all I'm saying about that

On the edge of breaking down
                sigpic
                Banner made by me

Comment

*ruggles*
                  Signature by Glitch33.
                  sigpic
                  Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

*ruggles and purrs*

sigpic
                    Banner made by me

Comment

If you were able to cast him in any shows, what character would you put him in?
                      Well, he can pull off pretty much everything if we can judge by his work in the theater.
                      Guys who type-cast him as a geek (esp. with glasses ) have obviously never seen him with a full beard
                      I've just rewatched End Of Nights. Oh my, JYo has so many faces. He can look differently even as Tesla, so I am confident he can pull off anything.

May I ask something?
                      Why does their new show, ATWH, run only for one week? Isn't it too much preparation and rehearsals for such a short run? Or is it normal in Vancouver, not enough people interested in theater or something like that?
                      How do they fund their plays then? I remember hearing/reading somewhere that their turnover is like CAD 1 Mio per year? Where does the money come from? Tickets don't bring much in, apparently Are there on public funding?
                      Sorry that was more than one question

Comment

They have supporters and funding

sigpic
                        Banner made by me

Comment

Must be some wealthy supporters

Still, it's hard to believe that they make one new show a year and then it runs only for one week!

Comment

That wasn't exactly a new show, the next show is called Intimate Apparel and it runs from Feb. 9 to March 10

sigpic
                            Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                              That wasn't exactly a new show, the next show is called Intimate Apparel and it runs from Feb. 9 to March 10
                              So you mean that there are two new shows and/or that ATWH wasn't new?

Comment

It's not uncommon in the performing world for shows to only happen a few times. In opera, there are often only 2-3 performances.

*purrs and ruggles*
                                Signature by Glitch33.
                                sigpic
                                Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X