• Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the edge of breaking down
    sigpic
    Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
      Isn't it funny that JYo apparently always gets cast as an adorable geek?
      I liked his character a lot in TBNW. I mean, Benny in The Score was great too but Macray was totally huggable *aww*
      Noticed that too, and I loved Macray, but hated the ending. Have you seen him in Jeremiah yet? Edgar is an adorable geek too.

I've just watched Bear Named Winnie. Awww. Why nobody told me that it is such a sad movie? Crying rivers here
      I know we've talked about it on here before, but maybe you weren't lurking back then.

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
      Ah, but if it's an avatar of Adam, does that really constitute breaking his vow? After all, he wasn't really human.

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
      Besides he was not 'feeding' on him, just a desperate mean to save Helen and self-defense.
      He didn't break his vow because he didn't feed on him, and he couldn't feed on a computer avatar IMO, though it might have felt like he did if he had actually bitten Adam the avatar. Anyway, what Dino said... he just attacked him in self defense, not to feed.

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
      would adam have only become human if he fed on a certain amount of memories/?
      I don't think he could have become human no matter how many memories were involved. He's still just an avatar. Now if he was to "get out" of the computer and occupy a human body, then maybe.

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
      Spoiler:

But really, nothing has worked as well as sleeping badly. Usually I remember my dreams in much detail after occasions I drink/eat something that has caffeine and/or alcohol in it. This kind of dreams are usually very frustrating and tiring... Last time I had one of these dreams I was trapped in a room with two different teams whose participants were trying to count their finger and toes but always ended on some stupid number and started again so many times it felt like it took hours. "1, 2, 3, ..., 21. No, that can't be right, I have to start again. 1, 2, 3, ..., 27., No, again..."

OT:
      Spoiler:
      I'm just the opposite. I usually only remember dreams if I've slept well and caffeine is like poison to me! LOL I avoid it.
      sigpic
      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Stimulating conversation.
        sigpic
        Banner made by me

Comment

Spoiler:

Another "favorite" of mine was a dream in which I tried to form life insurances to dinosaurs (a stagosaur, a tyrannosaur and three velocirapors) using Excel that at one point turned 3 dimensional and every number in every cell turned to white mist. After I woke up and was startled by an earthworm, I decided once again to reduce my caffeine intake.
          Loved all your weird dreams but this one cracked me up! LMAO!

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
          Noticed that too, and I loved Macray, but hated the ending. Have you seen him in Jeremiah yet? Edgar is an adorable geek too.

I know we've talked about it on here before, but maybe you weren't lurking back then.
          Jeremiah -
          Uh, is it a movie or a show?

And I am sorry I bring on old subjects I haven't been around back then
          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

It's a show, Jon played a character named Edgar Weston, a librarian who loved books but didn't know how to read

sigpic
            Banner made by me

Comment

How can you still remember your dream when you wake up? What's usually left for me is just a blur outline of the content and nearly nothing when I finished brushing my teeth.

I remember seeing JY in a dream once but that's all, all the vivid details were lost!
              Dreams sure are weird..
              I tend to remember small sections of my dreams.. sometimes most things. But i take time to write them down in the morning
              Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
              - Doctor Who (series 7)
              - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
              - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
              - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
              - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

*purrs and ruggles*
                Signature by Glitch33.
                sigpic
                Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Sweet JYo dreams!
                  Didn't have one last night. Will try again tonight!

Spoiler:

Usually people remember their dream only when they are at least partially awake at the some point... That is the perk of waking up multiple times in a night!

But to remember dreams, one doesn't necessarily have an alarm clock ringing at the middle of the night, even when some people do just that when they want to remember their dreams There are some tricks that help, including keeping a diary on what the dream is written. I have never done that (unless there is some really good stuff I want to be able to use in detail weeks later) because I find it not that important if the dreams I had are lost after some days. Most things I do awake are lost too, and I don't think it is healthy to try to remember dreams way better than life actually lived.

For me, it has been more important to verbalize the dream in my head as soon as possible, with as much detail as possible, like I was planning a written scene. Then, even if/when the dream tries to drift out of reach, the memory if the verbalized scene helps me to grasp it again.

But really, nothing has worked as well as sleeping badly. Usually I remember my dreams in much detail after occasions I drink/eat something that has caffeine and/or alcohol in it. This kind of dreams are usually very frustrating and tiring... Last time I had one of these dreams I was trapped in a room with two different teams whose participants were trying to count their finger and toes but always ended on some stupid number and started again so many times it felt like it took hours. "1, 2, 3, ..., 21. No, that can't be right, I have to start again. 1, 2, 3, ..., 27., No, again..."

Another "favorite" of mine was a dream in which I tried to form life insurances to dinosaurs (a stagosaur, a tyrannosaur and three velocirapors) using Excel that at one point turned 3 dimensional and every number in every cell turned to white mist. After I woke up and was startled by an earthworm, I decided once again to reduce my caffeine intake.

Then there was the time I was doing school work (practicing lab work) and the result I had made no sense: molecular mass of a polymer was less than 0 g/mol. I couldn't find the mistake (which was how I used the program) and so I did what every student in her right mind does (not!). I got drunk. Then, when I tried to sleep, the room was spinning unusually much, I felt nauseous and every time I fell asleep I dreamt of determining that molecular mass, and every time it was less than 0. Then I woke up, still nauseous, sweating but feeling cold and thirsty, and the room was still spinning. But at least I was relieved that it was all only a dream! Until a couple of seconds later I realized it was the RL too, and then I went back to dreaming of the same thing.

Oops, a side track Anyway, it isn't a strategy I'd recommend for remembering the dreams

Instead I'd recommend falling asleep when trying to get the control of the dream. When I was a child I had some control over my dream, which I later lost. I believe it was because of the amount of REM sleep diminishes and patterns of REM sleep chance, but I still try to regain that control. In the process I found out that when I try to chance the images conjured up before I am actually asleep, I'll often remember some of the dreams I have that night. The biggest problem is that I tend to get exited about the images, and then I wake up for good and the images are gone. But it is really difficult to be not amused when a soul reaper in a pink tutu appears from nowhere

Haha, me and my OT I guess the point is that if you want to remember your dreams there are some tricks people use for it. Some take more work and time than others but remembering dreams can be both fun and useful
                  Thanks for your detail analysis, FromOutside. Human dreaming is an interesting subject and there are numerous researches out there in various disciplines trying to explain the meaning and function of dreaming. One of the most commonly quoted explanation is that it helps our subconscious mind to organize and make sense of what happened during the day. I had that kind of experience before and it was quite amazing.

Loved all your weird dreams but this one cracked me up! LMAO!
                  Yeh, the dinosaurs one is very funny.
                  sigpic
                  Sign by me

Comment

Signature by Glitch33.
                    sigpic
                    Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

*ruggles and purrs*

sigpic
                      Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
                        what is Agam looking at?
                        Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                        - Doctor Who (series 7)
                        - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                        - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                        - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                        - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

what is Agam looking at?
                          Gah! IDK

sigpic
                          Banner made by me

Comment

what is Agam looking at?
                            The same what Helen's looking at!

Spoiler:

And today I've had the weirdest Sanctuary-related dream so far

Spoiler:
                            Those HE albino ninjas, Adam's pals, chewed at my bathrobe
                            Thank you FromOutside for showing my mind how weird dreams can be!
                            "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                            "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

I love it when there is some partial math stuff on a blackboard in sci-fi About 95 % of the time I am confident that whoever made the props has never seen any actual blackboard someone has been using for calculating something... There is that significant lack of crossed stuff and arrows that try to tell what row/column/whatever should be looked next, and (most importantly) other people can actually read the handwriting

And today I've had the weirdest Sanctuary-related dream so far

Spoiler:
                              Those HE albino ninjas, Adam's pals, chewed at my bathrobe
                              Thank you FromOutside for showing my mind how weird dreams can be!
                              Haha, apparently it was contagious you weren't the only one who had a Sanctuary dream In mine

Spoiler:
                              the Five went into a red house that no one had been in for ages. The whole place was booby-trapped which was probably why everyone soon realized they had become girls (expect Helen who ofc had been a girl all along). That might have lead to something very interesting but, sadly, the dream rebooted.

This time Helen and Nikola went to a library where they found Nigel and James. Nigel wasn't doing too good so Helen assumed he was poisoned and tried to heal him. She managed it but Nigel wasn't poisoned, he was sick, and Helen got infected. Nigel and James left to find the cure, Nikola stayed because there was some nasty people after him and Helen and he was immune to the bug.

After that the dream became kind of strange. A red led-screen from nowhere appeared to the library and a message on it was a "code" that tells where to find a certain book in a library. Nikola followed the lead and learned that the book was about him. Then James and Nigel returned and healed Helen who wanted to stay a little longer because there was some very interesting books in the library.

Nigel and James left again. Then Nikola and Helen were attacked and they had to flee. The attackers thought that Nikola and Helen were time travelers and Nikola knew what they thought because of that book. Then there was a kitchen, a trunk that the attackers thought was a time machine, and some other stuff that makes much less sense.

A good dream it was Unusual, too, because most of time there was a logical reason to things that happened and I was able to read the name and author of the book Nikola found... And the details were super cool! I could see the smudges on the book covers and the small unevenness on kitchen tiles. If talking about dreams helps me to see dreams like this, I should do it more often

Comment

Glitch,
                                Glad you like the avi, and thank you for the info!!!

Star,
                                I love fangasm too! Goes well with eyegasm
                                Yes it does, and handgasm!

I watched Chimera like that. ANd i was sooooooooooo happy! Until my sibling came in the room and said.. oh dear lord not him again.. and I was like 'Excuse me!'

Hahahahhaha........ yes.
                                Yeah, my parents reckon the worst.... i dont mind

Haha, another Tesla quote!
                                You don't mind?! :O lol

I'm thinking how much the bidding could reach IF there were a 'Lunch with Jonathon Young and Amanda Tapping' available!
                                OMG! I would bid!!

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                                I made a banner for them though and got yelled at
                                What?

It's a difficult decision: is Nikola more sexy in his lab coat or when he is wearing the tech that got him in virtual Sanctuary?
                                OMG!! Ummm... The tech!!! Not that the lab coat isn't nice but....I think the tech is a lot better!!!

I keep watching that interview over and over again, it's just too awesome.

[IMG]http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr243/EwigeStudentin/screenshots/JYinterview.png

Gotta love his hair

[IMG]http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr243/EwigeStudentin/screenshots/JYinterview3.png
                                OMG the stache!! =/ LOL! Makes me wonder if he grew the one for 'King and Country'

Spot the similarity?

[IMG]http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr243/EwigeStudentin/screenshots/JYinterview.png

[IMG]http://sanctuary-caps.com/albums/uploads/iTunes/308/normal_QuickTimePlayer_2010-12-04_03-58-40-81.jpg
                                YES!!! hahaa!

I've always wanted to know why Nikola had that hole in his stache in Oxford? Was it in fashion back then?
                                Yeah! Why does he!! I wonder if its his own stache and he cut it wrong

ETA:
                                I think his do in The Five was very nice.
                                I am not a fan of his too comic-book looking style like in End of Nights tho...
                                His hair this season is my favorite I guess.
                                No, I don't like the end of nights look either =)

Too bad interviews with JYo are few and far between. He is such a smooth speaker. I could listen to him for hours.
                                Anybody knows whether he ever narrated audio books?
                                can you imagine an audio book read by him?! I wouldn't care what the book was!!

This is the article I mentioned earlier:

http://www.walrusmagazine.com/articl...-play-mates/1/

He was one of the writers and co-director of the film "The Score", and he shared the 2011 Jessie Awards for Outstanding Original Script with Kevin Kerr for "Tear The Curtain!".
                                Thanks for this! Great article.

Originally posted by zomgteslalurv View Post
                                I'm never gonna get anything done irl - all I've done all day every day for more than a week now is stare at pictures of JY/Nikola @_@.... and I found this:

[IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42684546/kim-Collier-747703.jpg

ugh kim is so lucky... look at haw he fawns over her. *envy*
                                OMG! he's laying on .... *sigh* ;D

The auction has ended!
                                The chat with JYo went for $1,725, second only to the lunch with AT and RD ($9k+!!! )
                                WOW!!

I rewatched "Sleeper" yesterday and made me wonder: how many more fail-safes did Tesla hide in Sanctuary that Helen does not know when blowing up the establishment? Tesla's look when he saw the buildings collapsed was like, "bloody hell! She just blew up all the fail-safes of my brilliantly-evil inventions!"
                                HAHA! good point!

The latest review of ECT's "All The Way Home":

http://www.straight.com/article-5832...ate-and-moving

What a fitting description of JY's talents and, OMG!!!, he sings, live on stage!!! *melted*
                                He sings!?!?!? *melts too*

I've just watched Bear Named Winnie. Awww. Why nobody told me that it is such a sad movie? Crying rivers here
                                I thought I mentioned it when I watched it a few months ago? It's quite sad at the end!! :'(

what is Agam looking at?
                                HAAAHAAA!!! I think she had her phone out

HAAHAA!! great pic!

And so true ;D
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                                'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                                : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                                I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                                Indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X