Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by es! View Post
    I've always wanted to know why Nikola had that hole in his stache in Oxford? Was it in fashion back then?
    Me too! I thought it looked strange and that they should have just had him have a "normal" stache.

http://artsalive.ca/en/eth/actor/interview.html

ETA:
    I think his do in The Five was very nice.
    I am not a fan of his too comic-book looking style like in End of Nights tho...
    His hair this season is my favorite I guess.
    I think his hair looks good in pretty much any episode except End of Nights, like you said. It looked too much like he stuck his finger in an electric socket. But maybe they thought for Tesla that was appropriate.

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
    On the website...
    Spoiler:
    He lives and works with actor/director Kim Collier and their daughter Azra.

Ouch.. it must be outdated this website..

thanks for the website!!
    Someone really should fix that.
    As for the discussion about his family
    Spoiler:
    I don't want to stir it all up again but I don't want it to look like I don't care by saying nothing. So I'll just say I was really sad when I first read about what happened. No parent should have to go through that. I hope time has eased their grief somewhat and that they are able to cherish the time they had with her.

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
    It's a difficult decision: is Nikola more sexy in his lab coat or when he is wearing the tech that got him in virtual Sanctuary?
    Not difficult for me. The lab coat doesn't do much for me. But I like him in just about anything else, but especially in what he wore in Awakening or Chimera.

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
    This is a preview of JY's latest work "All The Way Home" premier this week in Vancouver. There is a particular paragraph that touches me and, gosh! makes me want to see the play more eagerly. I hope they will repeat this play later, at a time when I can free myself and fly over to watch.
    Thanks for the link. I wish they'd go on tour with this. I love the idea of sitting within the performance. Cool.
    sigpic
    Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
      (Oh sometimes I wish I studies literature instead! I am sure nothing in it can be as boring as my current school stuff and I probably won't get a job anyway after I graduate so it wouldn't matter anyway *whines*)
      FO, you can join the ranks of those who have jobs that have nothing to do with their degrees. I finished a Masters in Piano Performance last May and now work in the hotel industry.

Don't get me started on the perils of studying literature Or on the chances of getting a job upon graduating .
      Literature, classical music, history, the list could go on and on... There are so many majors out there that don't really have much in terms of job openings, but just having a degree does help you to get a job, even if it isn't in your major.

*ruggles*
      Signature by Glitch33.
      sigpic
      Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Just stopping in on Glitch's behalf again he is having net trouble and asked me to send word he'd be on as soon as it is resolved.
        sigpic

Comment

Stupid net *ruggles and purrs*

On the edge of breaking down
          sigpic
          Banner made by me

Comment

YAY! Thread elf!!!! *ruggles*
            Signature by Glitch33.
            sigpic
            Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Meanders in after a VERY long absence..... Sorry, I haven't posted here in awhile... *ruffles to Glitch and Elor*

*continues to stare at gorgeous pics*
              sigpic
              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

*purrs* Hi yamii!

Spoiler:
                Last edited by Elorendil; 11 January 2012, 02:37 PM.
                Signature by Glitch33.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                  Thanks for the link. I wish they'd go on tour with this. I love the idea of sitting within the performance. Cool.
                  Anytime. And the possibility of sitting next to JY makes it even cooler!

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
                  FO, you can join the ranks of those who have jobs that have nothing to do with their degrees. I finished a Masters in Piano Performance last May and now work in the hotel industry.

Literature, classical music, history, the list could go on and on... There are so many majors out there that don't really have much in terms of job openings, but just having a degree does help you to get a job, even if it isn't in your major.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...eScenes316.jpg

*ruggles*
                  I think certain subjects are meant for your personal growth or development of certain skills that might prove useful later in your job. Literature and history might look useless in working in the business world, but they help to form a solid foundation of languages as well as a critical and analytical mind. Not to mention the knowledge comes in handy when writing a fanfic!

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
                  JY looks like a student standing and listening attentively to the teachers.
                  sigpic
                  Sign by me

Comment

I'm never gonna get anything done irl - all I've done all day every day for more than a week now is stare at pictures of JY/Nikola @_@.... and I found this:

ugh kim is so lucky... look at haw he fawns over her. *envy*

Comment

Spoiler:

Yes, Dino, I agree, such "useless" degrees often teach us the skills that we need to succeed in other, seemingly unrelated career fields. And a lot of it is for personal enrichment, too. That's why I chose to get a Master's degree, knowing it might not be possible for me to continue on for a Doctorate (which would have at least given me the chance of getting a nice job teaching at a uni...). There is nothing wrong with education for the sake of education.
                      Signature by Glitch33.
                      sigpic

Comment

*purrs and ruggles*

Spoiler:
                        sigpic
                        Banner made by me

Comment

*ruggles back and purrs* Mmmm, Nikola going for the jugular. Quite hot.

Spoiler:
                          Signature by Glitch33.
                          sigpic

Comment

*purrs and ruggles*

sigpic
                            Banner made by me

Comment

Heheh, love the look on his face. *purrs and ruggles*

Spoiler:

I think this is still one of my favorite pics of him. The colors and the lighting is great...
                              Signature by Glitch33.
                              sigpic

Comment

Surprised! *ruggles and purrs*

sigpic
                                Banner made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X