Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys...
    I was watching Moonlight and I may have found another vampi to love more than Niko. Josef is rich and amazing, I love his attitude. He may not be a lot to the eye but his personality (which is the important part) is just fantastic!
    *prepares to duck and cover*

NO. NIKOLA IS THE. BEST. VAMPIRE. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER! Sure, you can love Josef if you want to...
    ...but you're not a TRUE Nikola fangirl unless you think Niko's better than any other vampire EVER.
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
      Yeah...I hadn't thought of that before, but now that you mention it...did nobody see the danger with John? Well, apparently not, since even Watson never figured it out until later...
      Which now leads me to think that perhaps Nikola was the only one who was wary, but if he tried to say something, everyone else thought he was just jealous of him & helen, so he kept his mouth shut? I dunno...
      ...b/c he really didn't like John even from the start, you can tell. Maybe he sensed something the others didn't, but didn't know enough to say much, or maybe he just acted with that condescending attitude towards John b/c it was the only way he could get out his uneasy emotions about him, but then everyone else just thought he was being an arrogant little brat for no good reason.
      I think there is a part of Tesla that hated John just because Helen was in love with him. Although I do find it a very bad cliche that she fell in love with a patient. Most dr.s have to deal with hero worship and people thinking they are in love with them because they help them. Its not a sound bases for a relationship. So Tesla has a chance!! (I hope)

Helen says the others hated him but honestly I got no true hated from Watson just annoyance like one dealing with a little brother. Tesla was so full of mized feelings when James died. So sad. OO but I saw John put his arm around Helen to comfort her.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
      Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Moonlight... My mom and I had a bit of a thing over that one. She loves that show, while I don't. so we ended up comparing vampires. I, naturally said Niko was the way to go and she called him 'that hedgehog' again...

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post

Helen says the others hated him but honestly I got no true hated from Watson just annoyance like one dealing with a little brother. Tesla was so full of mized feelings when James died. So sad. OO but I saw John put his arm around Helen to comfort her.
        That's more the vibe I got, too. Tesla is more the odd one out that no one really knows how to deal with (except for Helen, cause she seems to be someone who really makes an effort to figure out what drives people).
        I think that that's a big part of what makes Nikola a really interesting character. You just don't know what you can expect, but he's likable.
        If you compare him to John, whom we have seen being both evil as not-so-evil, just like Tesla, you get two completely different pictures. To me, personally, John became less interesting when he was 'cured' and I hope he gets his killer mojo back. But Tesla is interesting because he can be both the loyal helper and the one who kills if it suits him.

*nods*

...And add to that that we've only seen him in two episodes and already think the character is awesome...
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

yes James was an intersting char.. not to mention PW did a wonderful job too.. *snickers*
          sigpic

Comment

In the SFX interview AT mentions that they were bringing Tesla back...we already know that but the best part is that she says he became a very popular character Just a little note

Comment

Originally Posted by DutchIndeed
              Hm... general question.
              Judging by the brief seconds we've seen... Do you think Henry and Nikola would like each other?
              I actually think Henry and Tesla might bond. We don't yet know what 'relationship' existed between werewolves and vamps when vamps were still ruling the world, but Henry and Tesla have quite a few things in common. Both are socially awkward---does Henry even have any friends outside the Sanctuary? Each is 'alone,' without any contact with any other members of his particular species. Their interests both lie in technology---I think Tesla would be right at home in Henry's workshop, far more so than Helen, Watson, or even Druitt.

Plus, it seems like each of the Five has a 'connection' with one of the younger generation. Nigel Griffin has (had?) Clara, John and Helen are connected to Ashley, Watson is connected to Will (either through a strange coincidence of talent or because, as so many have guessed/hoped, Will is Watson's kid); maybe Henry will serve as Tesla's protege/'mini-me'?

...b/c he really didn't like John even from the start, you can tell.
              This is why I hope we get many, many flashbacks to the younger days of the Five. I don't think Tesla's relationship with John was very simple. There's too much rage and resentment there for what we currently know of their relationship. Yes, he's clearly jealous of John's relationship with Helen. But he might also have been jealous of John's closeness with Watson.

By this I mean, Tesla likely didn't have many friends. When John and Helen rejected him, he lashed out at each of them. When Watson died, he was clearly upset. He's clearly very lonely---indeed, I think the major reason Tesla wants to recreate the vampire race (besides the fact that 'meglomaniacal super-villain' seems to be his default setting) is because he's so lonely. He might have resented how John was BFFs with Watson but Tesla himself was the odd man out. (Granted, we haven't seen the Griffin/Tesla relationship, so who knows what was going on there.)

We know the Five were once quite close. Presumably, the major catalyst in their 'splitting up' was John and his murderous rampage. In fact, maybe Tesla sort of blames John for breaking up the closest thing he had to a 'family'?

Also: Every single Tesla lover needs to read this: http://www.cracked.com/funny-284-nikola-tesla/

If the producers want to create a franchise, clearly Tesla needs to have the first spinoff. Good God the awesomeness would be unparalleled. And it's kind of freaky that the Sanctuary interpretation of Tesla (i.e., that he was a member of a secret society of semi-immortal mad scientists who liked to experiment on themselves and he became an indestructible vampire with a propensity for ****ing off Jack the Ripper) is actually kind of reasonable when we look at Tesla's life.
              Last edited by tze; 20 June 2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

(Niko starts bawling) (huggles him) Tze you might be on to something there. Need more piccys and such. Computer is broken.
                sigpic

Comment

HELLO EVERYBODY *group hugs*

man it's been ages since i've been here, and there's a lot of great talks going on.

a little word on the group tensions tho, i think it'd be interestingto see if the reason for the helen/john/niko tension wasn't that both guys loved helen, it's that they loved each other. in those days those types of relatinships were frowned upon, so maybe it could be said john killed female prostitutes coz they're 'mocking him', as in he doesn't feel anything for them.

nikolas love for helen could be real love, but not romantic/sexual. maybe he just told himself that so he wouldn't have to deal with liking guys. in that context, his declaration of love to helen might still be his attempt to hide from the truth.

just a thought. i'm a tesla/helen shipper btw, i just think it would be kinda funny for it to work out this way

Originally posted by tze View Post

Also: Every single Tesla lover needs to read this: http://www.cracked.com/funny-284-nikola-tesla/
                  awesome link!!
                  "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                  "what?"
                  *throat punch*
                  My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                  LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Afriad of anything that wasn't divisible by three? That is a bit wierd, I wonder if there is a scientific name for that?
                    constructed a bath designed to cleanse the human body of germs using nothing but electricity and a little blue cloth!
                    Any fic updates??
                    sigpic

Comment

HI!!! I'm new here but I found you guys through the fanfiction stories. BIIG Tesla fan!! Uh,I've never been in a forum. Ever.So I apologise in advance for any mistakes. Anyways,I 'm so excited for the new season!!!! I really hope they make Tesla a regular.He deserves it. Also,he's yummy.
                      “There is no pretending" Jace said with absolute clarity. I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there’s a life after that,I wiLl love you then.

Comment

ohhhh a newbie..... welcome to the thread
                        sigpic

Comment

newbie!!! *waves* welcome to the insanity that is the 'Tesla thunk thread'

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

welcome Honeysuckle!!
                            "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                            "what?"
                            *throat punch*
                            My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                            LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Welcome Honey!
                              "nobody move a muscle" *random guys runs screaming, vampire starts attacking peoples* take a guess where thats from
                              Sorry, I'm in a random mood
                              sigpic

Comment

*waves back at everyone*
                                Thank you! Well,nobody here understands me.("So you like..Tesla? The science guy? Uhh..Chri,you know he's dead,right?*sympathetic stare*)
                                And,if nothing else I'm LOVING the insanity! And the Tesla campaign? I just saw it.. Teehee. The hair tidbit!! BRILLIANT!!Who came up with it?
                                “There is no pretending" Jace said with absolute clarity. I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there’s a life after that,I wiLl love you then.

Comment

Working...
                                X