No announcement yet.

Helen Magnus/John Druitt Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought eternal life......may be a real problem if you are as lonely as John is.

Comment

I finally got to watch HAUNTED.....and I loved it! I missed Helen told him she still loves him too. Time for fanfiction.

Any other recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by DOIKECARTER View Post
        I always thought eternal life......may be a real problem if you are as lonely as John is.
        John only has longevity through Helen's blood. She is like a veritable fountain of youth. That is why he came for her blood in the beginning.

I finally got to watch HAUNTED.....and I loved it! I missed Helen told him she still loves him too. Time for fanfiction.

Well IDK if you have read these but here are some of my Helen and John Fanfiction in reading order... lol!!

these two are A/U

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5440601/1/Reunited_Family

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5563297/..._a_Broken_Soul

and here are some one shots that i wrote for them... lol!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5683140/1/Understanding

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5667151/1/April_1912

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5644573/1/Midnight_Snacking
        sigpic

Comment

I adore Malorum Est, by AstraPerAspera. It's not as overtly Helen/Druitt as some fics, but it's based on Haunted and is definitely *about* Helen and John in a totally canon and in character way.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            I get the impression that John, even more than Helen, has a part of him which would like to just die. Unlike Helen, who has a 'mission' and people who depend on her to give her a sense of purpose, I think John's only reasons for going on, after Tesla originally 'made him sane,' were Helen and Ashley. Then he had revenge for Ashley...

So I think it made perfect sense that, if Helen and Ashley were both dead, John would finally seek oblivion. Moreover, if you watch Helen's reaction to learning John died, I think a part of Helen knew that, too.
            I just want to agree - Helen has used her work for a myriad of reasons and among them giving her long life a sense of purpose. Interestingly enough though she seems have made peace with the idea of death as she talks openly of Will continuing her work when she's gone. I find that somewhat fascinating that she has really no idea how long she can continue to exist but she still carries this notion of death just being around the corner and yet still not quite tangible for one's self. She mentioned that Will has shown the most promise of any of her other proteges which makes me wonder if she's ever used that line before - and if maybe that's why the Sanctuary network has so much power, even over her - for someone who could theoretically live forever, she's designed everything to go on if she were to ever cease to exist. That's a lot of foresight.

John seems much more in the moment which could be the result of the thing we see in Haunted. My brain went to mush so I'm sorry I was going to tie these two together and I lost it. I think I was trying to highlight how opposite they were and therefore how they would have been drawn to each other like magnets (whoa, channeling Jack O'Neill here).

Comment

That's an interesting point Twi
              magnets!! *giggles*
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                That's an interesting point Twi
                magnets!! *giggles*
                I like magnets lol
                sigpic
                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Despite being The Ripper and a serial killer and so on.....John looks like the most vulnerable one. Helen was willing to risk the Sanctuary. Haunted asks for TAGS, missing scenes....what´s on Helen´s mind after all this? Did she feel guilty for what she thought about John?

Comment

Despite being The Ripper and a serial killer and so on.....John looks like the most vulnerable one. Helen was willing to risk the Sanctuary. Haunted asks for TAGS, missing scenes....what´s on Helen´s mind after all this? Did she feel guilty for what she thought about John?
                    Good questions DOIKECARTER

I think Helen does feel guilty for brining this upon him from when they tolk the pure blood and the entity latching onto him but know she knows what is the cause of his madness she can know find away to help him through it and possibly free him from it .

With Helen knowing it wasnt fully Johns fault for the Ripper Killings in 1888 the creature being the cause for his actions i think know she can forgive him for some of the things he has done over time but trust would have to be rebuilt again and i belive she will find away to rid him of the creature or at least keep it in check .
                    sigpic
                    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                      Good questions DOIKECARTER

I think Helen does feel guilty for brining this upon him from when they tolk the pure blood and the entity latching onto him but know she knows what is the cause of his madness she can know find away to help him through it and possibly free him from it .

With Helen knowing it wasnt fully Johns fault for the Ripper Killings in 1888 the creature being the cause for his actions i think know she can forgive him for some of the things he has done over time but trust would have to be rebuilt again and i belive she will find away to rid him of the creature or at least keep it in check .
                      I hope TPTB will consider to explore these issues. AT told 20 episodes would allow them to go for longer arcs.

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                        John only has longevity through Helen's blood. She is like a veritable fountain of youth. That is why he came for her blood in the beginning.

Well IDK if you have read these but here are some of my Helen and John Fanfiction in reading order... lol!!

these two are A/U

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5440601/1/Reunited_Family

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5563297/..._a_Broken_Soul

and here are some one shots that i wrote for them... lol!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5683140/1/Understanding

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5667151/1/April_1912

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5644573/1/Midnight_Snacking
                        Thanks for the recommendations. I´m currently reading Reunited Family.....addictive.

Comment

I get the impression that - innately - John is more in touch with his feelings than Helen and far more open about them and comfortable with them. I see that even back in the engagement scene in Kush. I think Helen is far more protective and closed with her emotions, naturally, even without everything that has happened. She seems more reserved even back in the scenes we see in the 1880s (which makes sense for a Victorian woman.) I do see John, in Haunted, as being very protective of Helen and her feelings, and intentionally not pushing the realization or acceptance of him on her. He's *there*, but he's not pushy... Trying, I think, to spare her any more pain.

I've actually written a ton of sort-of-tags to Haunted, which you might have discovered already. Happiness is Relative is probably closest to what you're talking about here, as I think it touches on their emotional differences and reaction to everything that has happened. That one's "M" but the "M" is for chapters after the first one so I've directly linked it. Also, Regrets which is a missing scene and Consumed and To Sleep which are tags from John and Helen's PoV respectively.

Comment

I get the impression that - innately - John is more in touch with his feelings than Helen and far more open about them and comfortable with them. I see that even back in the engagement scene in Kush. I think Helen is far more protective and closed with her emotions, naturally, even without everything that has happened. She seems more reserved even back in the scenes we see in the 1880s (which makes sense for a Victorian woman.) I do see John, in Haunted, as being very protective of Helen and her feelings, and intentionally not pushing the realization or acceptance of him on her. He's *there*, but he's not pushy... Trying, I think, to spare her any more pain.

I've actually written a ton of sort-of-tags to Haunted, which you might have discovered already. Happiness is Relative is probably closest to what you're talking about here, as I think it touches on their emotional differences and reaction to everything that has happened. That one's "M" but the "M" is for chapters after the first one so I've directly linked it. Also, Regrets which is a missing scene and Consumed and To Sleep which are tags from John and Helen's PoV respectively.
                            Thanks so much for the suggestions. I usually sort of wander within tons of stories and authors and end up reading something entirely different (most of the times these are great stories too). I´ve read most of your Sam and Jack stories so far and not so many of Sanctuary ones. It´s good to be "focused".
                            Last edited by DOIKECARTER; 03 April 2010, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Done! All of the were great, especially Happiness is Relative. Guess I love happy endings....sometimes. Other days I go for dark and angsty ones. Did anyone wonder how whether John would fit in the Sanctuary on a daily basis, not just for emergency situations?

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations. I´m currently reading Reunited Family.....addictive.
                                lmao!!! Well I am glad that I am addictive. i just started the third and final installment for this series and it is called Rising Tides.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X