Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    I can see that happening as well.

The Five, particularly Helen and John, intrigue me. The persistence of their relationship baffles me. Divorce and otherwise short-term relationships seems so prevalent these days, and even the people who remain married for 50+ years are relative children compared to them.

Was it their shared experiment that bound them all together? Or was it the underlying strength of their personal bond that prompted the experiment in the first place?

I believe Helen might have drawn them all together at the start, but the others developed their own friendships-- John and James are proof enough of that. Personally, I like the idea that none of them would ever truly be without a friend so long as at least two of them still lived.

At the same time, I think it must scare Helen a little bit. She's seen a lot of her friends and loved ones die, but if Nikola were slain (or hadn't been re-vamped), and if John had truly been killed in Hollow Earth, she'd be the last of the Five. No matter what new relationships she might form, it's unlikely she would find anything as powerful as what she found among the Five. And she certainly wouldn't find a love as potent as what she had with John.

Now, on a slightly different tangent, how would you have most preferred John to re-enter Helen's life in Season 5, if there had been one? Some sort of perilous circumstances, perhaps? Or maybe just a gentle greeting to mesh with the mellow persona of the new Sanctuary?
    I think as long as they've lived no one new can understand them as they understand each other. Which isn't to say that new people couldn't be important to them, but no one else has shared the life they've shared.

I would have liked to see John in a lot of trouble, perhaps captured and in a terrible situation. And Helen should just leave him to it, because after all he deserves it, right? But she can't. And so she and Nikola break him out.
    sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
      I think as long as they've lived no one new can understand them as they understand each other. Which isn't to say that new people couldn't be important to them, but no one else has shared the life they've shared.

I would have liked to see John in a lot of trouble, perhaps captured and in a terrible situation. And Helen should just leave him to it, because after all he deserves it, right? But she can't. And so she and Nikola break him out.
      And then things are tense as John and Nikola face off for Helen's affections?

Comment

I think she should keep them both! After all, she's Helen Magnus!
        sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
          I think she should keep them both! After all, she's Helen Magnus!
          I'm sure she wouldn't mind that, but the question is... would the gents be able to share her? Or would they get too jealous?

Comment

I think they might both step back for the other - if they thought its what Helen wanted. They wouldn't share her, too much animosity between them. They might well warn each other off, not to get Helen but to protect her from the other.

John seems to have accepted that they won't ever have what they did. In, oh cant think of the episode title, the one where his demon wreaks havoc in the sanctuary, he tells her he will always love her and then leaves. For me that's him accepting things and moving on from the past and what was, he seems to concentrate more on being there for her as a friend but can't quite find the balance. He'll always protect her as a lover would but knows to draw the line.

Tessla just never gives up, he admits he loves her right from his first episode and makes his intentions clear. He wouldn't change his ways but he's already shown he would do anything for her, including let her get engaged (and presumably if things had been different) married to another man because he believed she loved John and he loved her. I don't think he would be too happy about doing it again and would be highly skeptical and protective. He wouldnt want her to get hurt again but if John was what who she really wanted, he wouldn't stand in her way - he would probably give John a few death threats and attack him to make his point too.
            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
            If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I'm sure she wouldn't mind that, but the question is... would the gents be able to share her? Or would they get too jealous?
              I think they could share. There's obviously a lot of actual friendship there. I mean, Nikola keeps John's secret in King and Country until Helen is sick, and in Hollow Men he's the one who can grab John's arm and make him stop running off. And even back in Normandy, Nikola wouldn't believe John was a Nazi despite all evidence to the contrary. I think there's some depth of feeling there, some real trust. And they'd both move the stars for Helen!
              sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

In my head!canon, SCIU got hold on John after the explosion, which is why we haven't seen him in season 4. Helen merely thinks he's keeping his distance and believes he'll show up one day like he usually does. And why did SCIU get John? Because he's one of The Five. I do believe they could have experimented on him. He'd make a really good weapon abnormal. (Oh, the plot bunnies! Why have I no time to write?)

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                John seems to have accepted that they won't ever have what they did. In, oh cant think of the episode title, the one where his demon wreaks havoc in the sanctuary, he tells her he will always love her and then leaves. For me that's him accepting things and moving on from the past and what was, he seems to concentrate more on being there for her as a friend but can't quite find the balance. He'll always protect her as a lover would but knows to draw the line.
                That's Haunted.
                sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                  In my head!canon, SCIU got hold on John after the explosion, which is why we haven't seen him in season 4. Helen merely thinks he's keeping his distance and believes he'll show up one day like he usually does. And why did SCIU get John? Because he's one of The Five. I do believe they could have experimented on him. He'd make a really good weapon abnormal. (Oh, the plot bunnies! Why have I no time to write?)
                  Oh yeah! That's an awesome idea. You should write it! (and link here!)
                  sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I found myself working on a fic where John and Helen find they have doppelgangers! lol!
                    sigpic

Comment

I watched the second half of the webisodes this morning, a Helen/John kiss! Made my day realizing the extra hour of Sanctuary I hadn't watched had some gems in.

(Traumatized by the end though.)
                      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Do you guys really think that either one of them would be cooperative in that situation?
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Amanda Tapping was asked this weekend who she saw Helen ending up with and she said John because there was too much history there. Just jumped in to add that bit o information
                          sigpic
                          by: SerenaSerenity

Comment

I just don't see her trusting him again.
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                              I just don't see her trusting him again.
                              Except that she does. Again and again she trusts him, though she doesn't want to.

Comment

Except that she does. Again and again she trusts him, though she doesn't want to.
                                Exactly, every time she has seen him again she trusts him, believes him and lets him hurt her again. I think if he had survived the collapse of Hollow Earth (he might well have done, we don't know) she would have trusted him to help her with her latest situation. He's her family, you let your family hurt you deeper than you do anyone else, and you are more likely to trust them again, and again, and repeat the whole sorry saga over and over.

Comment

Working...
                                X