Helen Magnus/John Druitt Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Belladonna View Post
    I loved James too! Kept hoping that we'd get an episode of James doing sword play.
    James was the best!!! I missed him when he perishing in Bhalasam!

Originally posted by Artie View Post
    Oh yes! It should be all Helen's boys! Definitely should include John's gray satin shirt. My.
    That shirt isd SEXY!!!! even the one he wore in FK&C in Cambodia!!!! *drools* OMG!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
      James was the best!!! I missed him when he perishing in Bhalasam!

That shirt isd SEXY!!!! even the one he wore in FK&C in Cambodia!!!! *drools* OMG!!
      I wish there had been more James and more John. Yes. And preferably together!
      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

YES MORE JOHN AND MAGNUS as well as JOHN AND JAMES!!! lol !
        sigpic

Comment

Christopher is supposed to be on tonight's episode of Castle. Looking forward to seeing him on screen again. I so miss him on Sanctuary, along with the rest of the crew. :-[

Comment

Originally posted by Belladonna View Post
            Christopher is supposed to be on tonight's episode of Castle. Looking forward to seeing him on screen again. I so miss him on Sanctuary, along with the rest of the crew. :-[
            Crap... That probably means he's a baddie. Not cool. I mean, he does it so well, but I do love him as John when he's so incredibly tender with Helen. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
              Crap... That probably means he's a baddie. Not cool. I mean, he does it so well, but I do love him as John when he's so incredibly tender with Helen. *sigh*
              I haven't had a chance to watch the episode on my Tivo yet but I suspect he is the baddie. I was hoping he was going to be cast as Castle's father but someone else got that part. There's also a pictures of him in an episode of CSI but I don't know if that episode has aired yet.

Comment

There are some pics from the CSI episode at http://dailyheyerdahl.livejournal.co...ml?view=261088

Comment

My goodness... Such hair!! It's so strange to see him with actual follicles.

Comment

It seems I'm waking this thread up...

New vid Helen Magnus and John Druitt - What if

The song is 'What if' sung by Kate Winslet, when it came up on my shuffle play list the other day it screamed Helen/John so I had to make a vid.
                    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                      It seems I'm waking this thread up...

New vid Helen Magnus and John Druitt - What if

The song is 'What if' sung by Kate Winslet, when it came up on my shuffle play list the other day it screamed Helen/John so I had to make a vid.
                      I know the feeling! I made a similar vid.

You made this one, right? A beautiful vid for a beautiful song for a beautiful ship! Which vid software do you use?

Comment

I know the feeling! I made a similar vid.

You made this one, right? A beautiful vid for a beautiful song for a beautiful ship! Which vid software do you use?
                        Yeah, I did - should have said iTunes shuffle. Thanks. I used imovie.
                        Last edited by neverendingimagination; 06 May 2013, 06:09 AM.
                        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                          Yeah, I did - should have said iTunes shuffle. Thanks. I used imovie.
                          Gotcha. I only ask because my current software seems more jerky and pixelated than others'. Of course, I can't get new software until I get a PC with a more powerful CPU.

Now, I've been thinking about John/Helen lately. The question I have for everyone is this: what kind of circumstances a) John might return to the Sanctuary's sphere of influence, and b) Helen might accept him into her life?

She may or may not accept him romantically, but how might she allow him to remain in her vicinity after having so completely washed her hands of him in Tempus?

I'm curious to see what you guys think!

Comment

Gotcha. I only ask because my current software seems more jerky and pixelated than others'. Of course, I can't get new software until I get a PC with a more powerful CPU.

Now, I've been thinking about John/Helen lately. The question I have for everyone is this: what kind of circumstances a) John might return to the Sanctuary's sphere of influence, and b) Helen might accept him into her life?

She may or may not accept him romantically, but how might she allow him to remain in her vicinity after having so completely washed her hands of him in Tempus?

I'm curious to see what you guys think!
                            I think Helen was really mad at him, but I don't think she meant it in the long run. I mean, Helen does that. She goes off at people. She shoots Nikola and washes her hands of him. She does that. I think if she thought John were in deep trouble, if he were dying or captured by an evil baddie and being tormented, or being experimented on by an agency or something, she'd be there so fast. And it might take a while. It might take a few years. But I don't think in the long run she's done with him. I don't think any of the Five are ever done with each other.
                            sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

I think Helen was really mad at him, but I don't think she meant it in the long run. I mean, Helen does that. She goes off at people. She shoots Nikola and washes her hands of him. She does that. I think if she thought John were in deep trouble, if he were dying or captured by an evil baddie and being tormented, or being experimented on by an agency or something, she'd be there so fast. And it might take a while. It might take a few years. But I don't think in the long run she's done with him. I don't think any of the Five are ever done with each other.
                              I think Helen attacked John more for her past self than her current self. I think that originally she had pointed her gun at him and told him to do one in her study, when she travelled back in time she took the gun from its drawer and left her past self defenceless. She followed him to the alley to do what her past self had been unable to.

The last time she saw him in the present they had been on reasonable terms. I think as Artie said, that if he was in serious trouble or a life threatening situation she would be there doing what she could. I agree, The Five are like family, they wind each other up and do things to hurt and upset each other but they're all each other has - in the long term. They're the constants in the chaos.

Comment

I can see that happening as well.

The Five, particularly Helen and John, intrigue me. The persistence of their relationship baffles me. Divorce and otherwise short-term relationships seems so prevalent these days, and even the people who remain married for 50+ years are relative children compared to them.

Was it their shared experiment that bound them all together? Or was it the underlying strength of their personal bond that prompted the experiment in the first place?

I believe Helen might have drawn them all together at the start, but the others developed their own friendships-- John and James are proof enough of that. Personally, I like the idea that none of them would ever truly be without a friend so long as at least two of them still lived.

At the same time, I think it must scare Helen a little bit. She's seen a lot of her friends and loved ones die, but if Nikola were slain (or hadn't been re-vamped), and if John had truly been killed in Hollow Earth, she'd be the last of the Five. No matter what new relationships she might form, it's unlikely she would find anything as powerful as what she found among the Five. And she certainly wouldn't find a love as potent as what she had with John.

Now, on a slightly different tangent, how would you have most preferred John to re-enter Helen's life in Season 5, if there had been one? Some sort of perilous circumstances, perhaps? Or maybe just a gentle greeting to mesh with the mellow persona of the new Sanctuary?

Comment

Working...
                                X