X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Belladonna View Post
    I've been working on three Magnett fics if you're interested:

Tempest in a Teapot http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7568060/...st_in_a_Teapot
    Five Hours in Ye Old London http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7659871/..._Ye_Old_London
    The Mirror Cracked http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8016166/...Mirror_Cracked

I wish more Magnett fics were being written. Just about everything I'm finding is Teslen. :-[
    Me too! I like Tesla for a diversion, but come on...."For all eternity"

Do tell us when those fics are done! as a general rule (to save my poor shippy heart) I don't do WIPs

I just watched "For King and Country " today and was wondering if anyone knew of any fics that dealt with the whole Cambodia night part?

Comment

I've been working on three Magnett fics if you're interested:

Tempest in a Teapot http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7568060/...st_in_a_Teapot
      Five Hours in Ye Old London http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7659871/..._Ye_Old_London
      The Mirror Cracked http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8016166/...Mirror_Cracked

I wish more Magnett fics were being written. Just about everything I'm finding is Teslen. :-[
      Yay! Thank you so much for the fix!
      sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post

Do tell us when those fics are done! as a general rule (to save my poor shippy heart) I don't do WIPs

I just watched "For King and Country " today and was wondering if anyone knew of any fics that dealt with the whole Cambodia night part?
        That scene in Cambodia is my favorite Magnett scene. So touching and heartbreaking at the same time. My second favorite one is when they fall down into the hole and share a laugh.

The fic Five Hours should be completed by the end of this month. It's a humorous crackfic with little Ashley back in 1900s London. The Mirror one I just started and it's in reverse of Five Hours. Tempest is my favorite of the three and I plan to work on it for quite some time so don't see that one being completed before the end of the year. I don't do hard core angst and John & Helen will always a couple in my stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Artie View Post
          Yay! Thank you so much for the fix!
          Hope you enjoy reading. And if you find any other Magnett fics please let me know. I would love to read some new stories.

Comment

That scene in Cambodia is my favorite Magnett scene. So touching and heartbreaking at the same time. My second favorite one is when they fall down into the hole and share a laugh.

The fic Five Hours should be completed by the end of this month. It's a humorous crackfic with little Ashley back in 1900s London. The Mirror one I just started and it's in reverse of Five Hours. Tempest is my favorite of the three and I plan to work on it for quite some time so don't see that one being completed before the end of the year. I don't do hard core angst and John & Helen will always a couple in my stories.
            Excellent, I will be looking forward to them. Your favs are also my favs - especially the second one. You really get a glimpse of how they once were together and perhaps could be, if not for the pesky onboard energy elemental!

Comment

Them in Cambodia was THE BEST!! but them falling and laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world was so sweet!! I also loved when they were sitting on the boulder talking and then when they were on Big Ben and John was holding the museum curator upside down!! lmao!!
              sigpic

Comment

The boulder scene and the Big Ben scene were wonderful too. I think that episode is my favorite of the whole series.

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                Them in Cambodia was THE BEST!! but them falling and laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world was so sweet!! I also loved when they were sitting on the boulder talking and then when they were on Big Ben and John was holding the museum curator upside down!! lmao!!

Comment

When I saw the Cambodia scene, when she puts his arm around her and slides into his embrace like it was the most natural thing in the world (no matter how hesitant she was)-- my heart just broke for them.

I do love it when they smile as they did in the tumbling scene, but this exquisite moment of tenderness just takes my breath away. For someone as strong as Helen to allow herself to be close to Druitt that way, and the way she seems to just sigh when she puts her head on his arm... Guh. *tears*

I love these two. I really, really do.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                    Someone called me?

But yes, this is an expression that just cannot be beaten, this is depth of emotion no one else can reach concerning Helen... The monster in the shadows who loves for all eternity.... I still can't believe they didn't do something with Druitt for the final episode. I doubt Christ was THAT busy so as to not to have time for one single episode as Druitt...

Comment

Originally posted by For_All_Eternity View Post
                      Someone called me?

But yes, this is an expression that just cannot be beaten, this is depth of emotion no one else can reach concerning Helen... The monster in the shadows who loves for all eternity.... I still can't believe they didn't do something with Druitt for the final episode. I doubt Christ was THAT busy so as to not to have time for one single episode as Druitt...
                      I read that it was not just that he was busy, but that he needed hair for his other role. As Druitt he would have to shave his head and eyebrows bald. I can understand him not wanting to do that, if he had something more long-term to accommodate.

Comment

I don't see why the character of John couldn't have grown out his hair. It was never stated on the show that he was actually bald because all his hair fell out. I just assumed he shaved his head to look more menacing.

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                        I read that it was not just that he was busy, but that he needed hair for his other role. As Druitt he would have to shave his head and eyebrows bald. I can understand him not wanting to do that, if he had something more long-term to accommodate.

Comment

I kept expecting him to show up in the finale and when it was over I was like WTH, where's Druitt? ARGH! It was like the show just forgot about him after the first episode. Felt cheated that the show didn't address his what happened to him. Even if the writers were hoping for another season they knew how popular that character was. It was wrong to leave fans hanging like that.

Originally posted by For_All_Eternity View Post
                          Someone called me?

Comment

The boulder scene and the Big Ben scene were wonderful too. I think that episode is my favorite of the whole series.
                            I loved FK&C Vigilante and Hollow Men for the Helen and John Interaction..... was very SEVERELY HURT/ANGRY/INSULTED for how the writers turned Helen and John in the last episode of S3.... it was INSULTING!! You can not give us For All Erternity and then to end the season they way they did with Helen and John. I love Magnett.... So much that I felt so lost when S3 ended and I really didn;t know what to think, but some part of me lost respect for the writers who gave us TWO lovely characters who needed a chance to heal TOGETHER..... THEY TAKE THEM AWAY!!! Ugh.... still so fed up!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                              I loved FK&C Vigilante and Hollow Men for the Helen and John Interaction..... was very SEVERELY HURT/ANGRY/INSULTED for how the writers turned Helen and John in the last episode of S3.... it was INSULTING!! You can not give us For All Erternity and then to end the season they way they did with Helen and John. I love Magnett.... So much that I felt so lost when S3 ended and I really didn;t know what to think, but some part of me lost respect for the writers who gave us TWO lovely characters who needed a chance to heal TOGETHER..... THEY TAKE THEM AWAY!!! Ugh.... still so fed up!!
                              I actually enjoyed it. I mean, I'm sure it's not the first time they've had a falling out, so to speak, and Helen can at times very much be the knee jerk reaction type of person. She's quick to judge, and realizing that John didn't really care for her as she was, but rather the her of over a century ago... I'm sure that stung. And after the mind!verse in Out of the Blue, no doubt she was particularly sensitive to the influence John has over her heart.

I think it was very in character for Magnus to say what she did, just as it was in character for John to do what he did, in helping Adam in order to be with her, in whatever way he could. The fact the situation was never resolved sucks, but I kind of consider it a sort of unexpected blessing to us fic writers. Now we can play around in the 'verse as much as we like without truly affecting canon.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                                I think it was very in character for Magnus to say what she did, )
                                Yes, totally. Helen goes off and screams at people. And I don't think we're meant to take "I hate you" as her final word. I mean, in her first episode with Nikola she told him nobody had ever liked him and that they all thought he was a nerd and that she'd never cared about him. And it's really obvious that's not true. It's very clear that they were all good friends and that he means a lot to her. I think she was just going off and saying something mean. And so I take her telling John that she hates him and never wants to see him again the same way. She's mad and she's going off on him. And when she cools off it will be different. Her boys just need to stay out of her way until she simmers down! LOL!
                                sigpicsig by Isolde

Comment

Working...
                                X