Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
    Pompous - Kinda.
    Egotistical - I'm not too sure about that.
    Intolerant - Depends on what, but I'd say yes.
    Militant - Yep!

But they miss a whole side of John that we saw with Helen, aka the carriage scene. There is a gentleness in him that they don't mention. He's not all dark and scary. I do believe he is - or was for that matter - a fun and loving man who just wants a chance to prove himself to the woman he loves.
    Yes! There is definitely a gentleness about him. I think that these attributes that were mentioned come out when someone/something he cares about is threatened. And it seems that it has taken a lot for him to get to where he is (back in 1888), if we go by the history of the real John Druitt. So he may be intolerant of those who try to mess with what he has accomplished. And he may seem pompous...smart people sometimes come across that way. I think that as Jack, he is both egotistical and militant. I think there is a part of John that could be characterized by the word militant, but I think it definitely stands out more as Jack. Which is what they were talking about. That the entity amplified these traits.

** If that didn't make sense it is because I just got home from an 8 hour day at a job that drains all thinking ability from my brain. It will come back soon . . . well, it usually does! I have to write my review for VIGILANTE tonight, so something better come back.
    sigpic
    || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

It all makes perfect sense CC. Don't worry about it!

You're right about the history of the real John Druitt. If the authors take it - of some part of it - into account, then it has taken a lot for him to get to where he is. I would even maybe assume that he some part of him what surprised that Helen reciprocated his feelings. A woman that intelligent, beautiful, incredible, probably shouldn't have in his opinion. All the more reason for him to want to protect her. (Where you said those characteristics they gave him seem to appear where the ones he cares about are concerned.)

The egotistical part of him is much more Jack than John. Though, I do not agree on the militant part. I see John (at least at Oxford and beyond when he finally found out people who accepted him) really anchored into what he believes in. I think he's not the kind of guy who, now that he has found confidence in himself, will let someone take him down. Anyway, that's how I see the militant part in John and extrapolating from this, I see how he became the Ripper and started killing - a much more darker side to 'no one will take him down anymore'.

(Look who's not studying again. Really, I'm incorrigible. *sigh*)
      sigpic
      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Studying? What is that?
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Study? who studies when there is magnett to be talked about

Comment

http://www.sanctuaryfiction.net/view...ze=0&chapter=2

chapter 2 up of my fic 'Elle l'a aimé ; elle l'a perdu' is up
            sorry if parts of it are bit emotional, as i was writing it i heard that my aunt who has brain tumors has not got long left..

Comment

Originally posted by Thieves View Post

sorry if parts of it are bit emotional, as i was writing it i heard that my aunt who has brain tumors has not got long left..
              I love it and sorry about your aunt *hugs*
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

thanks yessika

Comment

Originally posted by Thieves View Post

Nice chapter =D
                  I left a review for you

Comment

Here is my latest Magnett Wallpaper i made it last night

Spoiler:
                    sigpic
                    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                      Here is my latest Magnett Wallpaper i made it last night

Beautiful!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Oh, I already knew that but at least we get some Magnett in April

That is far!
                        Gotta have lots and lots of Magnett.

Speaking of I am working on two new fanfics.... on is light hearted and the other is dark. Both should be posted some time later in the week.

BUt I can post spoilers now... lol!!

Oasis of Delight:
                        Spoiler:
                        John tried not to smile as he took Helen’s hand. He noticed the large satchel, tried not to ask. For three days they hadn’t had the chance to see each other. Helen and James had locked themselves away in the basement lab of her father’s home working on some new experiment while John was left to his own devices. He and Nigel had gone down to the pub a couple of times, amusing themselves the best way they knew how, but that soon lost it’s luster as the third day dawned and still Helen was no where in sight. If John was a less trusting man who would be insanely jealous of the time she and James were spending together. Only, John knew better. Out of all the men Helen chose him; her heart and soul chose him just as his heart and soul chose her. “Do tell, where are we going?” John asked. This much he had to know seeing as he was providing the transportation.

Helen cleared her throat reaching into the pocket of her dress where she pulled out a picture. “This is where I want you to take us.” She showed him the photo; a wry smile broke out over her lips. Helen had had enough of London, enough of work. It was why she had spent three days with James cooped up in her lab. She was making sure that he had everything covered in her absence.

John let go of Helen’s hand to look at her. “Are you sure about this?” He was eager to be alone with her, eager to know what was in that satchel she was carrying. More than anything, John was eager to get away.

In Death: (This is what I have in my head for after Hollow Men, not gonna happen but still... lol! And still a very rough idea)
                        Spoiler:
                        John followed the waning link he held to Helen. He had to find her, had to be with her. She was dead that much he knew, but through their bond he was keeping some of her alive in him. Adam was close to death and his minions were in pieces. All that mattered was Helen. John took twists and turns in the cane tunnel until he came to a chamber where he saw the last man he thought he would never see again; Gregory Magnus. Helen’s father was here standing with Kate, Will, and the Wolf. He scanned all he faces trying to find Helen, though he knew where she was. She was dead. “Gregory…?”

“John, you shouldn’t be here.” Gregory stood in John’s way. His daughter and the Ripper were linked in a way he had waned against. But john had a right to be here, he was keeping his daughter’s heart beating through their link.

“I’m keeping her alive; I’m keeping her linked to the land of the living.” John growled, but already he could feel his life slipping away from him. He wanted to place his hand over his heart to be sure that his heart was still beating.

“John, a few hours, you still have that.” Gregory said putting his fingers to John’s pulse. It was strong a steady for now at least, but in a few hours who knew.
                        sigpic

Comment

Love the WP is!! so awesome!
                          Last edited by AresLover452; 20 December 2010, 09:14 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                            Gotta have lots and lots of Magnett.

Speaking of I am working on two new fanfics.... on is light hearted and the other is dark. Both should be posted some time later in the week.

BUt I can post spoilers now... lol!!

Oasis of Delight:
                            Spoiler:
                            John tried not to smile as he took Helen’s hand. He noticed the large satchel, tried not to ask. For three days they hadn’t had the chance to see each other. Helen and James had locked themselves away in the basement lab of her father’s home working on some new experiment while John was left to his own devices. He and Nigel had gone down to the pub a couple of times, amusing themselves the best way they knew how, but that soon lost it’s luster as the third day dawned and still Helen was no where in sight. If John was a less trusting man who would be insanely jealous of the time she and James were spending together. Only, John knew better. Out of all the men Helen chose him; her heart and soul chose him just as his heart and soul chose her. “Do tell, where are we going?” John asked. This much he had to know seeing as he was providing the transportation.

Helen cleared her throat reaching into the pocket of her dress where she pulled out a picture. “This is where I want you to take us.” She showed him the photo; a wry smile broke out over her lips. Helen had had enough of London, enough of work. It was why she had spent three days with James cooped up in her lab. She was making sure that he had everything covered in her absence.

John let go of Helen’s hand to look at her. “Are you sure about this?” He was eager to be alone with her, eager to know what was in that satchel she was carrying. More than anything, John was eager to get away.

In Death: (This is what I have in my head for after Hollow Men, not gonna happen but still... lol! And still a very rough idea)
                            Spoiler:
                            John followed the waning link he held to Helen. He had to find her, had to be with her. She was dead that much he knew, but through their bond he was keeping some of her alive in him. Adam was close to death and his minions were in pieces. All that mattered was Helen. John took twists and turns in the cane tunnel until he came to a chamber where he saw the last man he thought he would never see again; Gregory Magnus. Helen’s father was here standing with Kate, Will, and the Wolf. He scanned all he faces trying to find Helen, though he knew where she was. She was dead. “Gregory…?”

“John, you shouldn’t be here.” Gregory stood in John’s way. His daughter and the Ripper were linked in a way he had waned against. But john had a right to be here, he was keeping his daughter’s heart beating through their link.

“I’m keeping her alive; I’m keeping her linked to the land of the living.” John growled, but already he could feel his life slipping away from him. He wanted to place his hand over his heart to be sure that his heart was still beating.

“John, a few hours, you still have that.” Gregory said putting his fingers to John’s pulse. It was strong a steady for now at least, but in a few hours who knew.
                            Wow! there great sis! i cant wait to read more!(hugs)

Thanks yessika thanks sis!(hugs)
                            sigpic
                            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Is it strange for my to put the cast of sanctuary in Chicago?
                              sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                                Wow! there great sis! i cant wait to read more!(hugs)

Thanks yessika thanks sis!(hugs)

Glad you like them!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X