Sanctuary in the UK- ITV 4 / Watch News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
    Does anyone know how to find the ratings for s3 on the BARB website? I can't work out how to find all the ratings for Sanctuary on Watch.
    In the Channel box on the left either scroll down to Watch or click the W at the top.
    When the list goes to the W's then click on Watch so it's the only one highlighted.
    Select the year you want.
    Then select the month you want.
    Wait for the weeks available for that month to come up and then select the one(s) you want.
    Click on the View Figures button and your selection(s) will appear to the right.

I already have the figures if you want them.
    <added>

Episode Title.................Viewers.......Rank..Aired
    ...1....Kali Part3............below 139,000.......19-Oct-10
    ...2....Firewall..............137,000.........6...26-Oct-10
    ...3....Bank Job..............below 161,000........2-Nov-10
    ...4....Trail of Blood........198,000.........2....9-Nov-10
    ...5....Hero II...............177,000.........8...16-Nov-10
    ...6....Animus................171,000.........7...23-Nov-10
    ...7....Breach................169,000........10...30-Nov-10
    ...8....For King and Country..143,000.........9....7-Dec-10
    ...9....Vigilante.............200,000.........2...14-Dec-10
    ..10....Hollow Men............NDA.................21-Dec-10
    ..11....Pax Romana............159,000.........3....7-Jun-11
    ..12....Hangover..............130,000.........6....7-Jun-11
    ..13....One Night.............160,000.........2...14-Jun-11
    ..14....Metamorphosis.........167,000.........2...21-Jun-11
    ..15....Wingman...............188,000.........2...28-Jun-11
    ..16....Awakening.............below 119,000..DNR...5-Jul-11
    ..17....Normandy..............below 151,000..DNR..12-Jul-11
    ..18....Carentan..............below 164,000..DNR..19-Jul-11
    ..19....Out Of The Blue...........................26-Jul-11
    ..20....Into The Black.............................2-Aug-11

NDA - No Data Available
    DNR - Did Not Rank
    Last edited by RealmOfX; 03 August 2011, 02:01 AM.
    -

Comment

Thanks RoX.

I'm a wee bit worried that Watch won't pick up s4. They didn't do much to advertise Sanctuary, and stopped showing any repeat airings.

ITV4 have never repeated the first two seasons, and now nobody is showing any episodes.

If Watch won't take s4, then it will be difficult for any other channel to build an audience as they won't have the earlier seasons for the potential audience to watch and find out what is going on. It would be very difficult for someone beginning the show at s4 to have any idea about what's happening.

I really hope these viewing figures are enough for Watch to pick up s4.
      sigpic

Comment

I wonder why Syfy UK didn't take the show from the beginning?

They showed s1 after ITV4 had aired the episodes first, but they haven't shown any more.
        You'd think it would have been the perfect channel to show Sanctuary, especially as this channel also airs their other US shows like Warehouse 13 and Haven.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks RoX.

I'm a wee bit worried that Watch won't pick up s4. They didn't do much to advertise Sanctuary, and stopped showing any repeat airings.

ITV4 have never repeated the first two seasons, and now nobody is showing any episodes.

If Watch won't take s4, then it will be difficult for any other channel to build an audience as they won't have the earlier seasons for the potential audience to watch and find out what is going on. It would be very difficult for someone beginning the show at s4 to have any idea about what's happening.

I really hope these viewing figures are enough for Watch to pick up s4.
          Re the bolded part - you're making an assumption that isn't necessarily correct, who shows what and when depends on what conditions are in the license they pay for. ITV4 paid for the first run rights and SciFi the rerun rights so ITV4 can't rerun them whilst SCiFi is. Watch then got the rights to S3 probably by outbidding ITV4. Any new channel that picks up Sanctuary can also pick up the rerun rights - it all depends on how much it costs.
          -

Comment

I wonder why Syfy UK didn't take the show from the beginning?

They showed s1 after ITV4 had aired the episodes first, but they haven't shown any more.
            You'd think it would have been the perfect channel to show Sanctuary, especially as this channel also airs their other US shows like Warehouse 13 and Haven.
            Syfy worldwide are known as tight wads Meaning they'll pick up shows that aren't huge viewer drawers at the lowest possible price which is probably why ITV4 and Watch got first run rights and not them.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              Re the bolded part - you're making an assumption that isn't necessarily correct, who shows what and when depends on what conditions are in the license they pay for. ITV4 paid for the first run rights and SciFi the rerun rights so ITV4 can't rerun them whilst SCiFi is. Watch then got the rights to S3 probably by outbidding ITV4. Any new channel that picks up Sanctuary can also pick up the rerun rights - it all depends on how much it costs.
              I hope you're right. I'm just worried because nobody is airing the show at the moment, not even the earlier seasons.
              I sent an email to Watch, mentioning how much I love the show and hope they will air s4.

I initially sent the email because they show the episodes on Tuesday at 9pm, with a repeat showing at 1.20am. Last night was the finale of s3, but they showed 3x19 in the repeat slot. I queried this mistake, using the email to add some other questions about the show. I should receive a reply within the next couple of days, as they are normally very good at answering these emails.

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              Syfy worldwide are known as tight wads Meaning they'll pick up shows that aren't huge viewer drawers at the lowest possible price which is probably why ITV4 and Watch got first run rights and not them.
              Ah, this explains a lot. What a bunch.
              sigpic

Comment

RoX - Dude you rock!
                Do you know the rating for other countries? I find it strange that the Sanctuary crew mentions UK so much yet their ratings suck big time!
                Normally their all about US, CA, UK and AU. I'd love to get all the ratings lined up. By the publicity and the news I catch I think Sanctuary does pretty well in FR.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                  RoX - Dude you rock!
                  Do you know the rating for other countries? I find it strange that the Sanctuary crew mentions UK so much yet their ratings suck big time!
                  Normally their all about US, CA, UK and AU. I'd love to get all the ratings lined up. By the publicity and the news I catch I think Sanctuary does pretty well in FR.
                  Sorry but I don't get the ratings for other countries. I'm rather limited in my internet searches because I only speak English
                  -

Comment

I can't even find for my country lol

Comment

I received an email from Watch this morning, and they said that the season finale was shown first the previous morning at 1am, and the 9pm showing was a repeat.
                      I emailed them back asking why on earth anyone would have the first airing of a finale at such a stupid time. (in a much more diplomatic tone )
                      I also repeated my other questions about the show, their promotion of it (or lack of promotion), and their out-of-date webpage for the show.

I'm sure I'll receive a reply soon. I think I have a new pen friend.
                      sigpic

Comment

After all my moaning about Syfi UK, I see that they will be showing Sanctuary s1 again from Monday 8th August at 2pm and 7pm every day.
                        sigpic

Comment

I emailed them back asking why on earth anyone would have the first airing of a finale at such a stupid time. (in a much more diplomatic tone )
                          Lmao, yes you have to be much more diplomatic although I can see the temptation was there to be so direct!

After all my moaning about Syfi UK, I see that they will be showing Sanctuary s1 again from Monday 8th August at 2pm and 7pm every day.
                          That's a result then
                          sigpic
                          ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I noticed that when Out of the blue aired, on the tuesday, Into the Black aired the next day (wednesday)!! I don't know why they did this, but Into the Black was shown again the following week at 9pm -where it should have aired for the first time.

I don't know if this was a mistake, but I was on holiday at the time and I was scared my mum had watched the wrong one, she hadn't which was good---we record it and watch it, but she waited for me to come off of holiday to watch the last one. She was confused to say the least. Bless her
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                            'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                            : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                            I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                            Indeed

Comment

*goes and looks* Oh yes, I see it, I caught it just in time so I can record it at 7pm, thanks!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                              'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                              : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                              I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                              Indeed

Comment

Season 4 in the UK.

Watch Sets UK Premiere Date For Sanctuary Season 4

The fourth season of Sanctuary is coming to the UK. Watch will start airing the fourth season of the Amanda Tapping fronted Science Fiction series in April, sources at the channel confirm exclusively to TVWise. I’m being told that the channel has set the premiere date for Friday April 6th at 9pm.

Read more at the link above.

All I will say is that it's about time!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X