Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AManda's interview is starting http://www.blogtalkradio.com/SciFiPu...Amanda-Tapping
    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      I guess it's over by now, anyway to download it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        I guess it's over by now, anyway to download it?
        http://www.blogtalkradio.com/SciFiPulse

Click on "download."

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
          opinion on interview -

Spoiler:
          two things i didn't like hearing.

1 - still no news on when theyr'e going to make the 3rd sg1 movie! and soon-ish amanda and crew will start filming the 3rd season of sanctuary, so when would they be able to film the movie? yeah, next year. or sam's not in it!

2 - amanda saying helen attracting men *and women*, and that it might be dealt with in the future. i really, really, really hope they don't make helen bi-sexual. i'm not against it, i'm not anti, i just won't be able to relate to helen as much. politically incorrect thing to say or not, that will be my response. :/
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            opinion on interview -

Spoiler:

1 - still no news on when theyr'e going to make the 3rd sg1 movie! and soon-ish amanda and crew will start filming the 3rd season of sanctuary, so when would they be able to film the movie? yeah, next year. or sam's not in it!

2 - amanda saying helen attracting men *and women*, and that it might be dealt with in the future. i really, really, really hope they don't make helen bi-sexual. i'm not against it, i'm not anti, i just won't be able to relate to helen as much. politically incorrect thing to say or not, that will be my response. :/
            You know.... you have your opinion, so I'm not going to belittle it. And only you know how you'll feel. But I do find it a strange response, personally.

Spoiler:
            What you're saying is that I shouldn't be able to relate well to Sam Carter because she's straight, or that my favourite Sci-Fi / Fantasy character should be Willow or Tara from Buffy because they're lesbians. Or in the Stargate world, then I should be Camille Wray's biggest fan.

A character isn't just about sexual orientation. And I personally don't see how their orientation should detract from or distance anyone. After all, if you found out your bst friend was bisexual, would that mean you couldn't relate to them anymore? If you found out your sister or brother or any other family member had had a relationship with a member of the same sex, would that really affect how you loved them or saw them as a person?

As for "Attracting", it doesn't mean that she's necessarily reciprocated. I suppose that's what you're hoping for.

Myself... I don't mind either way, really. I trust these guys enough not to use it as a "We Have A Bisexual Lead" publicity stunt.

As I say... it's not nagging. I'm just genuinely curious because I've never seen this sort of response before.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
              You know.... you have your opinion, so I'm not going to belittle it. And only you know how you'll feel. But I do find it a strange response, personally.

Spoiler:
              What you're saying is that I shouldn't be able to relate well to Sam Carter because she's straight, or that my favourite Sci-Fi / Fantasy character should be Willow or Tara from Buffy because they're lesbians. Or in the Stargate world, then I should be Camille Wray's biggest fan.

A character isn't just about sexual orientation. And I personally don't see how their orientation should detract from or distance anyone. After all, if you found out your bst friend was bisexual, would that mean you couldn't relate to them anymore? If you found out your sister or brother or any other family member had had a relationship with a member of the same sex, would that really affect how you loved them or saw them as a person?

As for "Attracting", it doesn't mean that she's necessarily reciprocated. I suppose that's what you're hoping for.

Myself... I don't mind either way, really. I trust these guys enough not to use it as a "We Have A Bisexual Lead" publicity stunt.

As I say... it's not nagging. I'm just genuinely curious because I've never seen this sort of response before.
              After how they caved in to network's demands regarding Ashley's demise, is it so unconceivable that Sanctuary TPTB would cave in if the network execs would propose the " We Have a Bisexual Lead" publicity stunt?

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                I can't seem to access this.

All I get is a blank screen. Am I doing something wrong or is it not available to everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post

All I get is a blank screen. Am I doing something wrong or is it not available to everyone?
                  I got it just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                    After how they caved in to network's demands regarding Ashley's demise, is it so unconceivable that Sanctuary TPTB would cave in if the network execs would propose the " We Have a Bisexual Lead" publicity stunt?
                    That's not what I mean at all, and I think I made it pretty clear.

Whether Helen turns out to be bisexual or not is a non-issue really. I don't see how being attracted to women would really diminish (wrong word, but you get the idea) what she's been through. If she'd been involved with a woman during an earlier period of history, then I can see it being quite an interesting storyline and something worth drawing attention to.

However, what I don't want is for it to be used as a cheap publicity stunt. Even if it's a network decision, I have confidence that Damian and company would write it in a way that's true to Helen's character and something that is meaningful and relevant rather than "Look At Me! I'm kissing another girl! And that's going to boost our ratings!"

Though it may be used by the network to gain publicity, I have faith that it would be done in such away by the writers that it wouldn't detract from the show or stick out like a sore thumb.
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      opinion on interview -

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      I don't think you need to worry. As Tracy says there's a big difference between attracting people and that meaning anything and TPTB acting upon it.

I also think that there is also a huge difference between kissing or sleeping with someone and that being an element of your sexual identity and orientation. To me sexuality, despite the word, has actually very little to do with kissing and sex. It's about love. I don't think Helen has been able to truly fall in love with anyone since Druitt. Bisexuality is different (at least in my mind) to exploring and different to the occasional dalliance.

I do also worry that a characters orientation has such an impact on how much you can relate to them. It is sad that that element may spoil it for you. Helen Magnus is such a fully fledged character, like any real person, that who she might kiss or sleep with should (and I think it will) remain only an aspect of the rest of her character. It would be a shame if something so trivial would taint everything for you.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I just clicked on the link and clicked on play in the embedded player. Where are you getting the blank screen?
                        sigpic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                          I just clicked on the link and clicked on play in the embedded player. Where are you getting the blank screen?
                          I just click on the link and it opens a blank screen in another tab. There was no player. I tried in both IE and Firefox. Oh well, it must be something to do with my connection or my computer. Perhaps I don't have the right player.

Comment

I just click on the link and it opens a blank screen in another tab. There was no player. I tried in both IE and Firefox. Oh well, it must be something to do with my connection or my computer. Perhaps I don't have the right player.
                            How about going to the main page http://www.blogtalkradio.com and searching for scifipulse?
                            sigpic
                            My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                              How about going to the main page http://www.blogtalkradio.com and searching for scifipulse?
                              Tried that too. I think it might be my firewall or my internet security program. I will play around with it some more later and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for your help though.

Comment

Tried that too. I think it might be my firewall or my internet security program. I will play around with it some more later and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for your help though.
                                I'm glad my ineffectual help was welcomed *g* Good luck getting it fixed!
                                sigpic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X