Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    I don't like shopping either. And ya know what else? I could care less about shoes! Shocking I know.
    Wow. We actually have something in common.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      As for the region thing...not to worry about that down here RoX...Australian dvd players are now required to be able to play all region dvds...I think that came into effect about 5 years ago. Distribution of course is another matter!
      I wasn't worried about the region for DVD players. I have always had a region free player, even before it was compulsory and a dual PAL/NTSC TV (from way, way, way back to play video tapes from the States); it's the distribution and restrictive trade mentality that accompanies it.
      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        I wasn't worried about the region for DVD players. I have always had a region free player, even before it was compulsory and a dual PAL/NTSC TV (from way, way, way back to play video tapes from the States); it's the distribution and restrictive trade mentality that accompanies it.
        Why are they so
        Spoiler:
        anal
        ??? I just don't understand it. We get the same stupid crap on tv all the time.
        What we need is some new young blood to go in there and kick some tv execs butts and put something of real substance and entertaining value back onto our screens. I'm so sick of repeats of old shows that have long since lost their appeal. I think it all comes down to money. Why buy something new and exciting when you can kill your audience with something old and cheap and so outdated it makes my grandmother look like a spring chicken!
        Ok...I'm done! Well actually I'm not...I'm sick of watching repeats of repeats too...and in the prime time slots...arghhh,...they really have no idea do they!!
        Ok...Now I'm done!!
        So...I'm not giving up entirely of the prospect of Sanctuary coming to tv here...once it gets established over in the states and they finally wake up, it's sure to hit the screens here...but where, when and how is another thing!
        More than likely it'll go to pay tv so I'll not be able to watch it!
        But hey...staying positive...Sanctuary is awesome and totally ROCKS!!!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Chelle, have you totally not seen any of the episodes yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
            We Aussies may be deprived of Sanctuary on our TV but, as ever, we are a very ingenious and technologically advanced bunch
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
              Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              We Aussies may be deprived of Sanctuary on our TV but, as ever, we are a very ingenious and technologically advanced bunch
              What RoX said!! Thing is...I really would rather not resort to such measures but hey..what's a girl to do?
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey...all I gotta say is YAY for technology.

Comment

hey, you know, Disney is now putting 'disney digital' files on their dvd's (dunno about the limmitations or anything) so others are getting the clue that if they try to accomodate your average fan, then the fan won't be so motivated to accomodate him/herself
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ryan Robbins guest stars in a repeat of 'Wolf Lake' on the SciFi Channel,
                    Thur. Dec. 4 8:00 AM SCIFI "Meat the Parents."

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I had to watch The Five again to stave off my Sanctuaryshakes. I really liked Helen's interactions with Tesla and loved the ending with Ashley. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        I had to watch The Five again to stave off my Sanctuaryshakes. I really liked Helen's interactions with Tesla and loved the ending with Ashley. Well done.
                        LOL, I did too

And yea it was an awesome episode, I liked seeing Helen off on her own (well without the team) to see how she handled herself. It just shows how much experience she has at this type of thing
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

ANNOUNCEMNT FROM GABIT REGARDING PEEPS TRAVELLING ALONE TO AT4:
                          --------------------------------------------------
                          For every fan who is thinking of coming to AT4 alone but is worried about it - worry no more! A new group "Amanda's fans alone (but not for long)" is about to start, headed up by our Staff member who is the Attendee Liaison, Liesl Bland, and helped by my trusty assistant, Jenn Scheffler.

I'm setting up a new group on the Gabit forum shortly (www.gabitevents.co.uk), under the AT4 category, which will enable people who are coming to AT4 alone to meet up and chat, arrange roomies if necessary, and get to know one another. Liesl and Jenn will be on hand to answer any questions.

A big factor in joining this thread and emailing Liesl on the address which will be given there, is that you will be automatically invited to a group get-together on the morning of Friday 13th November 2009 at AT4 in the hotel foyer/bar with Liesl and Jenn, to actually get to know those who you have been talking to online and those who haven't been online but are travelling alone. So when the event starts, you'll already have friends!

I hope this new group will calm some worries and butterflies about attending one of our Events alone. One thing you'll soon find out - you're never alone at an AT Event!

Julia - G4
                          Chairman, Guest Services Director
                          GABIT Events Ltd

Comment

WOOHOO!!!

I can't wait for Requiem!!

(sorry jckfan, I'm really not trying to worsen your symptoms)
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

Yay!! I know!! Only 4 more sleeps for me!!! Yay!!!
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                Yay!! I know!! Only 4 more sleeps for me!!! Yay!!!
                                You big kid, you

*skips away chanting*
                                *4 more sleeps, 4 more sleeps, 4 more sleeps*
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X