Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Good question Ann. I think being young, and given the opportunity, she may not have thought about the consequences the longevity would bring. In hindsight she may not take the 'gift/curse' if it was an option in the first place.
    I think my opinion is tainted by her remark in the webisodes concerning her longevity, which may or may not be repeated in the tv version. If she was given the choice, I think she may have chosen it because she knew her work would span a very long length of time, and that a normal lifespan wouldn't be nearly enough to do what she wants to do.

It's also possible that she was thinking of Ashley, who may have been on ice by that point. She may have wanted a longer time to wait and make sure John wasn't coming back. But again, this is based on our knowledge of the weps, and we already know it's going to be very different.

I really don't think she asked for longevity. I think it was an accident, or a byproduct of working with some abnormal or other. Who in their right mind would CHOOSE to live forever?? Key words there being "right mind"
    sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
    Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

ok Bekah See...we took this discussion to IM and now you started us up again....it was the "right mind" comment
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
        ok Bekah See...we took this discussion to IM and now you started us up again....it was the "right mind" comment
        Yea, because Jan never is in the 'right mind'

*ducks and runs*
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I don't think Helen does anything half hazard, especially after John. I think if she did make that choice (and I'm not saying that she did... lol I still like the accident idea) there would have to be some extreme event for her to accept it.
          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 06 September 2008, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Excuse me while I beat Mandy........
            sigpic

Comment

i wonder....how do you guys feel about a :

General spoiler free/spoiler tagged sanctuary discussion thread
              A open spoiler zone discussion thread???

basically the question is, are y'all cool iwth there being only one thread - the original i may add, or would the majority like to have an open spoiler thread to discuss stuff?
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

basically the question is, are y'all cool iwth there being only one thread - the original i may add, or would the majority like to have an open spoiler thread to discuss stuff?
                I vote for one thread, as long as we remember to use spoiler tags
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yeah I like the one thread too. Maybe when the episode start showing we should change to individual threads......but I like the one stop shopping
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                    Oooo! can i play too??

It would be awfully nice to not have to constantly use spoiler tags, except maybe just after the ep airs. But I know a lot of people won't be able to see it right away, so maybe we could use the tags for the first week after the ep, and then it's fair play?
                    sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                    Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

works for me. and i too have no issue with individual episode discussion threads. I doubt they'll get their own folder, so they'll be meshed in with all the others. But one thing that hlelps....anyone that's started a thread you see the little icons down at the bottom? we can - whomever starts a thread or we can edit it once it's started, to have all the episode discussion threads tagged with one specific icon, so they all stand out from the general ones

sigpic

Comment

what i'm thinking we'll do:

once episode one airs, we'll make a thread 'episode one discussion thread, spoilers' and tag it with an icon. inside that thread, and inside that thread only, spoiler tags do not need to be used for that episode only.

general discussion stays here, and must be tagged and shouldn't go in depth on any episode, in depth discussion specific to any one episode goes into the episode thread and can be spoiler tag free

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
                          Oooo! can i play too??

Sure, just be careful or Jan may beat you too
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hmmm I'm divided. I can understand people want to play without being spoiled. But at the same time 2 threads ... usually end up discussing the same thing or one slows down to none existence.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                              SPOILERS in the LINK!!!!!

http://morjana-subductionleadstoorog...uest-star.html LOL I have been waiting for Morjana to post this little jewel, but since she hasn't yet and it is her blog... Major kuddos to her!! THANKS MORJANA!!!

I thought this was cool!
                              Spoiler:
                              LOL, I love the character's name 'James Crick'. I bet her longevity does have something to do with genetics, James Watson and Francis Crick anyone? Or maybe it's just the biologist in me.

Maybe he injects her with something that restores the telomeres in her DNA after each replication of her cells, which would effectively keep her from aging.

Thanks morjana!

sigpic

Comment

OH thanks for that EvenstarSRV!

Interesting......

Spoiler:
                                James Watson.......and subsequently worked at the University of Cambridge's Cavendish Laboratory in England where he first met Francis Crick.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X