Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
    Wow the Sanctuary home away from home, home got talkative while I was sleeping.

I was thinking about Ashley last night and I love it if she was a little like John, OK, maybe not quite as...erm...nuts as John but with that edge to her. That feeling of uncertainty that she could turn either way at any moment.
    And I really hope we find out who/what gave Helen her longevity too.

*helps self to a lunch time drink from the broken Liquor Cabinet*

*Throws mud at Mandy*

This is fun!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
    I know, I can't even keep up with reading the posts let alone posting myself - besides....I'm too busy dodging mud and raiding the liquor cabinet

Comment

I'm surprised you can dodge the mud with all the grog you've been drinking!!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        I'm surprised you can dodge the mud with all the grog you've been drinking!!
        It's an art - I've had much practice

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          I will be a trustworthy keeper of the keys!
          *cough*

Originally posted by Edb View Post

Nope, you didn't miss anything. We're still building our Sanctuary Home away from Home Home. We do have an enormous kitchen which keeps getting larger by the day as we add everyone's favorites to fridge, freezer, liquor cabinet, the International Chocolate cabinet with real, gourmet chocolate from around the world, a fresh Bakery corner with cranberry scones, Stroopwafels, Poffertjes, ethnic cookies, cakes and pies to die for. There's a huge room off from the even larger livingroom with the gigantic Plasma TV that has a lovely wood burning fireplace with chairs, couches, sofas and pillows everywhere just for hanging out with fellow Samandans. We have ramps and wide doorways to meet the needs of everyone. I don't know if we have gutters yet, depends on if we want them for jumping into or not. The Liquor Cabinet used to have keys but they seem to have disappeared, or have been stolen, or have been hidden. Someone is grinning out there aren't you! We even have our own local and well known Trollop, not to mention, the cat, too. So, as you can see we have been hard at work getting the place ready for October 3; only 38 days away. But kinda keep that under your hat because part of the Sanctuary World can't get it on TV and they're a little touchy about that. So, please feel free to jump right in and help make our Sanctuary Home -away -from -Home Home.
          I'm bringing a trampoline for the living room...

And a wind tunnel for the bathroom
          Spoiler:
          (to startle guests or rapidly remove objectionables).

Depending on what one means or understands allowance to be. I'm thinking that in return for free lodging, food and her motorbike and other such things, Ashley basically works for her mother or rather the Sanctuary and gets an allowance instead of a wage.

She may have a normal lifespan, but does anyone here think that it might be possible to have inherited something from her father??

I figure if the drink is good and the food is good...than what the hay...I'll take whatever comes!!

I think the longevity occurred before Ashley was conceived....my reason is because why would Helen freeze the embryo for a later time unless she knew she actually had that time. I'm not saying that this means that Ashley is now genetically coded to have the longevity curse but that wuld be cool...I'm still hoping that she has something from John...maybe not the same but maybe a slightly altered version...one which is more stable.

That be my thoughts on Sanctuary today!! Now...where's my chocolate???:P
          Hands Chelle her chocolate.

Yes, wages sounds better for Ashley, or maybe some sort of trust fund her maternal grandfather left her.

Or, Helen was just yanking her young protege's chain - he is pretty gullible. If I was an old, hardened lab assistant in Helen's Sanctuary I'd have a blast pulling all sorts of pranks on Will. Will is perfect prank material.

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
          What a loada chocolate-scoffing, soda-swigging, cookie-guzzling, self-indulgent lounge-abouts you all are! It's time someone took charge and turned this place into a boot camp, so it is!

Wipe that jelly off your faces, get your weapons, and go hunt down some Abnormals!

*shakes head* dear dear dear dear...

We're carbohydrate loading for upcoming athletic events - allegedly.

*burp*

oops, i might have run the chocolate fountain dry again.
          Last edited by tagger; 28 August 2008, 10:09 PM.
          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
          Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
            *reserves bean bag space right up in front of the plasma TV for the premiere*

Hey!! I have bad eyesight I need to be close
            And I need to sit by RoX.

Whilst catching up with what has been happening at various recent cons I came across this tidbit about Chuck Campbell at Chicago Stargate Con :

He said he believes they are very close to getting a second season pick up already. It sounded almost like a given the way he said it."

Re highlighted bit - that would be very good if it turns out to be true

I'm trying not to get my hopes up about having more than one season because Sanctuary is new and different and on SciFi channel
            But I'd love to have the show go for multiple seasons
            ?? Huh?? How cool is that!!! Wow! 2nd season?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
            Remember when Ashley was tracking Alexi through the subway tunnels, and she said there was a guy (John) down there even faster than her if that's possible.
            That made me wonder about an inherited trait, too. Worrisome. I wouldn't want too much of Druitts' bent genetic lineage for my daughter.

Originally posted by LilFerret View Post
            I think there's a filter for that...

Little clothes GOOD
            More clothes BAD
            Little clothes GOOD
            More clothes BAD
            Half naked under a sheet YAY!!!
            LOL!

I'm late, but it's still the 28th here:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!!
            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
            Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by Bekah See View Post
              are you cooking for us?
              Absolutely! I love to cook! (Just don't have enough time. )

Plus, Mandy volunteered for cleanup duty...

How many days left? 38? Wow, time flies.

But, I don't want the episodes to fly by.

I guess Druitt will have to slow down time for us once the episodes start running.

Spoiler:
              Two-faced guy is back!! Great!!
              Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                And I need to sit by RoX.
                Cool! Would you like a bean bag or giant pillow to recline upon?

And for those of you who don't do Facebook :

From Damian Kindler's mini-feed :

Today
                Damian is going to a Tampa Bay Rays game on Saturday. In Tampa. And tossing out the first pitch with a few friends... 12:55pm
                -

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                  Hands Chelle her chocolate.
                  Why thank you ma'am!!
                  Yes, wages sounds better for Ashley, or maybe some sort of trust fund her maternal grandfather left her.
                  I never thought about a trust fund from her grandfather...I wonder though...do you think Helen's father knew of the baby...maybe he helped Helen freeze the embryo????
                  If I was an old, hardened lab assistant in Helen's Sanctuary I'd have a blast pulling all sorts of pranks on Will. Will is perfect prank material.
                  Why be an old lab assistant when you can have just as much fun being a young one...or maybe even more if you really think about it!!!!
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

[BI never thought about a trust fund from her grandfather...I wonder though...do you think Helen's father knew of the baby...maybe he helped Helen freeze the embryo????[/B]
                    That's a good point Tagger about the trust fund. I hadn't thought of it either. Or course as long as Helen has been alive, she could have started the trust fund as well.

I do think Helen's father knew about Ashley. John was Helen's first patient so I'm betting her father would have been around during that time. Helen thought very highly of him and I'm sure she would not have trusted her unborn child to anyone else. I get the feeling Helen and Gregory worked in the Sanctuary for years before he died.

Comment

Cool! Would you like a bean bag or giant pillow to recline upon?

And for those of you who don't do Facebook :

From Damian Kindler's mini-feed :

Today
                      Damian is going to a Tampa Bay Rays game on Saturday. In Tampa. And tossing out the first pitch with a few friends... 12:55pm
                      Hi All! Okay, RoX and Tagger, you can have the big old bean bag chair and the giant pillow near the Plasma TV, I got that old comfy, overstuffed rocker in the corner near the kitchen doorway. Don't forget to make room for Samcarter Rules near the front of the TV. We might want to stay clear of that wind tunnel near the bathroom unless, of course, we need to use, ahhhhh you get the picture. Now the trampoline in the livingroom has me a bit, ah, concerned. But, hey, it's your place too. Just look out for Sam, the cat.
                      And before we forget, only 35 days left to the launch of Sanctuary!!!! You go, girlfriend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Edb View Post
                        Hi All! Okay, RoX and Tagger, you can have the big old bean bag chair and the giant pillow near the Plasma TV, I got that old comfy, overstuffed rocker in the corner near the kitchen doorway. Don't forget to make room for Samcarter Rules near the front of the TV. We might want to stay clear of that wind tunnel near the bathroom unless, of course, we need to use, ahhhhh you get the picture. Now the trampoline in the livingroom has me a bit, ah, concerned. But, hey, it's your place too. Just look out for Sam, the cat.
                        And before we forget, only 35 days left to the launch of Sanctuary!!!! You go, girlfriend!!
                        Aww Edb thank you *settles down near RoX and Tagger*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                          Aww Edb thank you *settles down near RoX and Tagger*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                          Sure,Julia, you're most welcome. I like you!

Comment

A "sneak-peek" of Sanctuary is listed on Dragon*Con's schedule.

Comment

What aspect of the new season of Sanctuary are you most looking forward to?

For me I really like character driven stories, learning their back stories. I also like the fact (according to one of Damian's interview ) there will be an overall story arc for the season. So we get bits and pieces in other episodes that lead up to the final.

I would like to see more mother/daughter moments and Helen/Will moments. and my burning question after watching all the webisodes How did Helen end up with this curse/gift?

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                                What aspect of the new season of Sanctuary are you most looking forward to?

For me I really like character driven stories, learning their back stories. I also like the fact (according to one of Damian's interview ) there will be an overall story arc for the season. So we get bits and pieces in other episodes that lead up to the final.

I would like to see more mother/daughter moments and Helen/Will moments. and my burning question after watching all the webisodes How did Helen end up with this curse/gift?
                                I'd really like an answer to that too.

I also love character-driven stories, and I can't wait to see what they'll show us of Helen's backstory, so much history to mine there. I'm also looking forward to Will's journey, and how he gets pulled into Helen's world, along with us viewers.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X