Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
    I have *no* idea, Tracy Jane.

But I don't think I'm the only one. I've seen the same bundle price quoted by a few UK fans. The hoodie £s price I can't compare with anyone else in the UK so far, but saw someone quote the US price. My paypal account tells me I've had £39.00 taken for the hoodie, and £8.15 is left unclaimed for the bundle.

There has to be some sort of mistake somewhere so I'm confident they will sort it out. We are talking about the good guys here, so I'm just going to give them time to get it sorted out.

I'm afraid I'm not tech savvy enough to know how one UK person can get dollar prices and one pounds prices!!

Julia
    G4
    I've been chatting to MB who thinks it might be something to do with detecting my location. If the site can't detect where I am, then it defaults to US prices. I still find this explanation slightly odd, because I never have a problem being "detected" anywhere else. She says that the team know about it and are working on the issues, though.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
      I have *no* idea, Tracy Jane.

But I don't think I'm the only one. I've seen the same bundle price quoted by a few UK fans. The hoodie £s price I can't compare with anyone else in the UK so far, but saw someone quote the US price. My paypal account tells me I've had £39.00 taken for the hoodie, and £8.15 is left unclaimed for the bundle.

There has to be some sort of mistake somewhere so I'm confident they will sort it out. We are talking about the good guys here, so I'm just going to give them time to get it sorted out.

I'm afraid I'm not tech savvy enough to know how one UK person can get dollar prices and one pounds prices!!

Julia
      G4
      I was charged exactly the same prices as you, Julia. I hope they sort this out soon, as I find it very unfair that we are being charged so much more than, well, the rest of the world!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Thanks Sky. So anyone from Canada, UK or Europe got the cost for their country?

SD.......single..bundle
        Aus....- $3.39...$12.99
        US.....- $1.99...$ 6.99
        UK.....-
        Can....-
        Europe -
        Actually the $1.99 and $6.99 prices were not for the HD versions. They removed the HD bundle from the store.

The HD single price is $2.49 and the bundled price was $8.75 US.

This is just a guess on my part, but I have a feeling that someone made an oops on the conversion rate. Someone probably said that the UK/US conversion was 2 to 1 and instead of doing a $/2, they did a $x2.
        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 16 May 2007, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Am I the only person who is by now royally confused as to who's paying what?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            That's because Americans are so large (ahem) big hearted.

Fashion news report: This just in. After Amanda Tapping modelled a new burlap sack dress, they're flying off the shelves. Unfortunately, buyers are finding that though *Amanda* looks great in everything, the ordinary wearer simply looks like she's wearing a burlap sack.

As for the delay between episodes. I would hope that once it's up and running on a regular basis, they'll release the episodes on a weekly basis. The 15 min installments are easier to manage for downloading for those of us on slower connections. I think it took 20 + minutes for me to download. But I do think 2 weeks will be a bit long between episodes. Let's face it, we've been trained for years by tv to expect weekly installments of shows.
            My guess is that they are trying to keep interest for as long as possible. Right now they only have two hours of footage in the can so to speak and ready to view. Which is eight fifteen minute webisodes.

May 14th (1st webisode),
            May 28th (2nd),
            June 11th(3rd),
            June 25th(4th),
            July 9th(5th),
            July 23rd(6th),
            August 6th(7th),
            August 20th(8th)

By doing it this way, they could literally make it through the first week of September with new episodes and if they start filming again in July, they could possibly have new content ready to view by September without any breaks in viewing. However if they show the episodes sooner than that, there's no way they could have new episodes filmed and ready to view without a long break -- not with Amanda's filming schedule on Atlantis.

So it's a matter of having viewers wait two weeks in between webisodes now, or having them wait a couple of months in between the two hour pilot and the actual series later should it be picked up.

It's a gamble either way.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
              My guess is that they are trying to keep interest for as long as possible. Right now they only have two hours of footage in the can so to speak and ready to view. Which is eight fifteen minute webisodes.

May 14th (1st webisode),
              May 28th (2nd),
              June 11th(3rd),
              June 25th(4th),
              July 9th(5th),
              July 23rd(6th),
              August 6th(7th),
              August 20th(8th)

By doing it this way, they could literally make it through the first week of September with new episodes and if they start filming again in July, they could possibly have new content ready to view by September without any breaks in viewing. However if they show the episodes sooner than that, there's no way they could have new episodes filmed and ready to view without a long break -- not with Amanda's filming schedule on Atlantis.

So it's a matter of having viewers wait two weeks in between webisodes now, or having them wait a couple of months in between the two hour pilot and the actual series later should it be picked up.

It's a gamble either way.
              I guess we'll just have to be patient. I don't mind waiting for 2 weeks, sanctuary is worth the wait. I prefer having to wait 2 weeks than having to wait a couple of moments. I hate that.
              Thanks for the scedule btw

Amanda did look fantastic in one of those hoodies *wonders if it would look good on me*

Comment

maybe a suggestion to make to them would be to post the prices, in the various currencies, us, uk, can, aussie, euro, etc

and then folks would have the info to go on

i may have unintentionally given wrong info, i'm sorry. I was bought a HD bundle - it was a gift -s o i got the prices when i looked in the store, which, i guess, is for SD
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Prices should always be in US dollars when buying online... makes things simpler for everyone involved.

Comment

The Underwire - Wired Blogs has a tiny blurb about Sanctuary here (here ya go Ooobs and Myrth! ).

Comment

question...I have watched the first ep a few times..
                      Spoiler:
                      .what is up with the little boy? how does he kill people...and why? is he feeding off their gray matter? did he kill all the people...or just the cops and old man? are those women part of his family?
                      Last edited by cindyz; 16 May 2007, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cindyz View Post
                        question...I have watched the first ep a few times...
                        Spoiler:
                        what is up with the little boy? how does he kill people...and why? is he feeding off their gray matter? did he kill all the people...or just the cops and old man? are those women part of his family?
                        Hi cindyz!

Spoiler:
                        I believe that that was the little boy's family, and that he did kill everyone in that apartment before he fled. As for how and why he kills people... I don't know for sure (I think it's cleared up in Ep 2 ), but I think it's the creature inside him that's doing the damage. I guess we'll just have to see!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on prices everyone. I thought there was something weird going on! Hmmmmm Aussies pay 140% and UKers pay 200%, so that's another thing they need to fix.

I did like that it detected your country of origin and displayed a cost in your own currency. However I would have like the conversion rate to have been correct. Maybe they should do as AD said and leave it displayed as US dollars then Paypal will do the conversion.

No worries, I'm sure they'll get it sorted out soon.

So, I'm off to watch Webisode 1 again

Hey, does anyone know if the webisodes have titles? or are they going with webisode 1, 2, 3 etc?
                          -

Comment

How does one get the HD version? All I see is the 1.99 version. Am I on the wrong screen?

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Sg Gato View Post
                              How does one get the HD version? All I see is the 1.99 version. Am I on the wrong screen?
                              At the moment the HD versions aren't there anymore I had the same issue...that is why I wait till the HD versions are back up, cause I want them. They were there the first day and then removed...but I thought they would be back again

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                At the moment the HD versions aren't there anymore I had the same issue...that is why I wait till the HD versions are back up, cause I want them. They were there the first day and then removed...but I thought they would be back again
                                I just checked and the HD version for wepisode 001 is there. But no HD bundle yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X