Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    Thank you. All I need to do now is actually put some money in my PayPal account.

BTW - If anyone's bought a Sanctuary hoodie, I'd be grateful for a picture so I know what they look like before making my mind up.
    They have a pic of the hoodie. Just click on the icon to the right. Amanda is modeling it and looks adorable. They have Emilie modeling the t-shirt.

Comment

Quick note to those considering buying a T-shirt and/or hoodie.

US sizes tend to be a wee bit - generous - in their sizing. Thus a US XL is equivalent to a UK XXL.

As for the picture of Amanda modelling the hoodie? Hey, she could be wearing sackcloth and ashes and still look great.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

US sizes tend to be a wee bit - generous - in their sizing. Thus a US XL is equivalent to a UK XXL.

As for the picture of Amanda modelling the hoodie? Hey, she could be wearing sackcloth and ashes and still look great.
        Yea, I know, Amanda looks amazing in everything. I'm really thinking of buying a hoodie. Do you think they'll sell them at the London expo?? It's easier to find the right size!

Comment

Originally posted by sofie View Post
          Yea, I know, Amanda looks amazing in everything. I'm really thinking of buying a hoodie. Do you think they'll sell them at the London expo?? It's easier to find the right size!
          Hoodies tend to be pretty loose and baggy anyway, so I'd say just get what feels comfy.

I've got a Batman hoodie (size XL) that I bought maybe seven or eight years ago. It was big on me then, I've put on a wee bit of weight since then *ahem*, and it's still pretty loose.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

That's because Americans are so large (ahem) big hearted.

Fashion news report: This just in. After Amanda Tapping modelled a new burlap sack dress, they're flying off the shelves. Unfortunately, buyers are finding that though *Amanda* looks great in everything, the ordinary wearer simply looks like she's wearing a burlap sack.

As for the delay between episodes. I would hope that once it's up and running on a regular basis, they'll release the episodes on a weekly basis. The 15 min installments are easier to manage for downloading for those of us on slower connections. I think it took 20 + minutes for me to download. But I do think 2 weeks will be a bit long between episodes. Let's face it, we've been trained for years by tv to expect weekly installments of shows.
            Last edited by jckfan55; 16 May 2007, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Strangely enough, I bought a hoodie in Ireland, the same size I always got (in the US) and it fit the same. But I bought a t-shirt at Trinity college - the same size I always got - and it was huge! Even after I shrunk it, it was too big.

The point is, sizes vary depending on the brand. I think I will ask on the message board what brand of hoodie and t-shirt they are using.

And yes, Amanda would look good in anything

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                I think I will ask on the message board what brand of hoodie and t-shirt they are using.

And yes, Amanda would look good in anything
                I've a feeling it'll be Fruit of the Loom.
                sigpic

Comment

sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    That's because Americans are so large (ahem) big hearted.
                    Hey! Who are you calling "Big hearted"?
                    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
                      Hey! Who are you calling "Big hearted"?
                      You would prefer "big boned"?
                      sigpic

Comment

At current exchange rates, $1.99 USD = £1.00385 GBP. $6.99 USD = £3.52605 GBP.

And the $30 USD for the hoodie = £15.1375 GBP.
                        I can tell you what I paid for.

I bought the HD bundle and a hoodie.

I paid £8.15 for the HD bundle = $16.14 US

and £30.00 for the hoodie = $59.36 US
                        (+ postage of £9.00) Total = £39.00 = $77.17 US

I have to admit to being a bit stumped as to why UK fans are paying *so* much more for everything. It hardly seems fair.

But I'd like to let the dust settle and let the team catch their breath and then wait and see if there is a valid reason given and/or a mistake's been made via the payment system.

I have to say I am prepared to pay £8 for the bundle *if* everyone else is paying the same, or we need to for some reason we don't know about and that's explained to us. The show is definitely worth the money, it justs hurts to pay so much more than everyone else.

Julia
                        UK
                        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

The HD US bundle price was 8.75 or so..., the standard resolution bundle was 6.99, I think.

Hoodies (US) $45, Tshirt $16, Hat $12 - shipping and handling averaged $6.70/ item for me.

Must be an error in the conversion algorithm... strange.

I've watched the webisode 2 times now in HD and I really like it. For some reason, my HD version seems a lot brighter than the youtube one? Weird, because I haven't adjusted any monitor settings....

Spoiler:
                          I love that the supporting characters are just as interesting as the main cast - like the mother of Alexi (Alexis?), the boy with the no-longer-vestigial limb. She did a great job - she could easily become a recurring character. The cops, the nurses, Kavan Smith, Hewlett, Heyerdahl - all were really good. So much talent in Vancouver! YAY! I love seeing people from SG - they have work (), and I have not been distracted at all by seeing them play new characters.

What did everyone think of Druitts' traveling abilities? He seems to be in the right place at the right time or wrong place at the right time, depending on your perspective. If he travels interdimensionally, how does he know where to show up? Can he see from one dimension/plane/universe/time into another? Or, is it just walking through walls? Who knows. More mysteries to look forward to! Also, what is the power that is driving him mad? The power of the interdimensional travel door thingy (TM belongs to Spaz )? Can Druitt rip the fabric of space and time? hehe

Love the business card - must get one for myself. Does Helen control what is shown on the card? Does the recipient control the level of information provided?

I know nothing about directing, but I loved certain shots - the morgue shot looking out over the autopsy tray, the shot of young Will watching TV, the view of Sanctuary, the river, and the background city when we "fly" into the Sanctuary in the final scene. Very cool. I was looking around in some of the scenes trying to figure out what was CG and what wasn't - the amount of detail in the rendered sets is astounding. Can't imagine the work involved with creating worlds on the computer, but it must be fun to have virtually limitless sets, locations, equipment, characters, etc...

Wouldn't mind knowing what kind of numbers Sanctuary is doing? How many hits? How many subscribers? Are we doing OK? Can we cheer wildly? (Or gloat quietly.) Hope Team Sanctuary is not too stressed/ exhausted.

Last edited by tagger; 16 May 2007, 10:29 AM.
                          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                            I can tell you what I paid for.

I bought the HD bundle and a hoodie.

I paid £8.15 for the HD bundle = $16.14 US

and £30.00 for the hoodie = $59.36 US
                            (+ postage of £9.00) Total = £39.00 = $77.17 US

I have to admit to being a bit stumped as to why UK fans are paying *so* much more for everything. It hardly seems fair.

But I'd like to let the dust settle and let the team catch their breath and then wait and see if there is a valid reason given and/or a mistake's been made via the payment system.

I have to say I am prepared to pay £8 for the bundle *if* everyone else is paying the same, or we need to for some reason we don't know about and that's explained to us. The show is definitely worth the money, it justs hurts to pay so much more than everyone else.

Julia
                            UK
                            This is really odd, Julia. Because I paid $45 for a hoodie and $6.99 for the web bundle. This presumably means that I got it for the American prices rather than the UK price. How does that work?!
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
                              This is really odd, Julia. Because I paid $45 for a hoodie and $6.99 for the web bundle. This presumably means that I got it for the American prices rather than the UK price. How does that work?!

I have *no* idea, Tracy Jane.

But I don't think I'm the only one. I've seen the same bundle price quoted by a few UK fans. The hoodie £s price I can't compare with anyone else in the UK so far, but saw someone quote the US price. My paypal account tells me I've had £39.00 taken for the hoodie, and £8.15 is left unclaimed for the bundle.

There has to be some sort of mistake somewhere so I'm confident they will sort it out. We are talking about the good guys here, so I'm just going to give them time to get it sorted out.

I'm afraid I'm not tech savvy enough to know how one UK person can get dollar prices and one pounds prices!!

Julia
                              G4
                              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

This is getting very weird.

Am I the only person here who assumed that all prices quoted on the Sanctuary website were in US Dollars?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X