Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    To be more accurate - fans would be the only viewers who'd think of it as sweet.

As a fan myself - from a sentimental point of view - I happen to agree that it would be lovely to see them all on the same show again. As a proponent of the artists involved I agree it's very sweet. I think they're all fantastic people and I think it's wonderful they'd want to do project(s) together as friends. But from a realistic and pragmatic point of view (or from a business point of view) it wouldn't be nearly as cute if the entire principle casts of SG-1 and Atlantis came together to form a new cast of a new series. Sweet or not, it would be difficult to sell. Unless it was sponsored by fans.

This entire discussion is moot anyhow - it was instigated by an offhanded comment about Joe F. being "Jack The Ripper" (which is not the case), ergo the entire aside doesn't bear argument really. SANCTUARY may have the occasional Stargate principle involved, but it's certainly not an all-Stargate cast, so there's no point in debating whether that matters or not. There's no problem to begin with. In fact, I'm sorry I ever commented. Joe's casting in Sanctuary is immaterial to reality. Lets just pretend I didn't reply to whomever it was that suggested it.
    Sorry, I don't get how this has suddenly turned into an issue/argument? I thought we were having an entirely non-confrontational, hypothetical discussion with a slightly tongue-in-cheek flavour and my responses were intended in kind.

My original response was to your post saying:

It might be a bit hokey though if all the major recurring characters end up played by Stargate alumni. Neat from a fan perspective, but otherwise not so neat. If ya know what I mean.
    I only sought to state that viewers who are not Stargate fans would not know that the major characters were played by Stargate alumni, and therefore would not find it hokey. If I didn't express that properly, then I apologise. My response was intended only to be a clarification of the issue as I saw it... and perhaps a gentle tease..

No-one ever mentioned anything about the entire principle casts of SG1 and SGA being involved in Sanctuary until your post above so I don't understand where that has come into it...?

I was talking about principles from SG-1 and Atlantis, which I think was quite clear to begin with.
    This is where I am misunderstanding things then. Your original post talked about the "major recurring characters" on Sanctuary (or that's how I understood it.. was I wrong?) being played by "Stargate alumni". I read that to be discussing the hypothetical situation where the main cast of Sanctuary was played by actors who had previously had parts in one of the Stargate shows... alumni to me does not indicate main cast, merely someone who has been involved in the show.. which, as mentioned in posts since, probably includes pretty much the entire acting community in Vancouver!

I thought this was part of an interesting discussion about the show and the people involved in it and the interesting fact that it does seem to be, in many respects, at least grounded in a collaboration of people who have met through or know each other through Stargate. I don't understand where this turned into an argument and talk of people distorting other people's words to serve their own POV?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
      Yeah, that's the best solution.
      I've had problems watching the trailer not because of my internet speed, which is high enough, but because my computer still refuses to acknowledge mp4 files
      I used my windows player and Quicktime to view the trailor, both of which I updated a week or so ago. I haven't tried to view the PSP version yet.

I read this on the sites FAQ:

What do I need to play Sanctuary?

- A computer that can display a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768

- The ability to support Flash 8.0

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        Okay troops, who's signed up to participate? Sound off!
        I sent my e-mail off as well to "join the team " as they call it on the site. I'm excited about the series. Can't wait for the first webisode to air

Comment

Well, this pair have signed up. They've even brought their own weapons.

sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

That's adorable BruTak!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

This entire discussion is moot anyhow - it was instigated by an offhanded comment about Joe F. being "Jack The Ripper" (which is not the case), ergo the entire aside doesn't bear argument really. SANCTUARY may have the occasional Stargate principle involved, but it's certainly not an all-Stargate cast, so there's no point in debating whether that matters or not. There's no problem to begin with. In fact, I'm sorry I ever commented. Joe's a great guy and a fine actor, but his casting in as JTR Sanctuary is immaterial to reality. Lets just pretend I didn't reply to whomever it was that suggested it.
              I never said Joe will be Jack the Ripper only that I wanted him to be. I had only mention that because it was earlier mentioned how David or Paul would be interesting as that character.

I do not expect nor do I want the show to be cast only with Stargate principle actors. An I think everyone here realize that this will be a diverse cast and not a Stargate reunion on a different show.

It will be great if there will be the occasional guest appearance but thats about as much as I truly expect with seeing any other actors from Stargate.
              This is what I do in my spare time hunting down fanfiction

And here you will find my werewolf

Here you will find my vampire

Comment

Originally posted by starmage View Post
                I never said Joe will be Jack the Ripper only that I wanted him to be. I had only mention that because it was earlier mentioned how David or Paul would be interesting as that character.

I do not expect nor do I want the show to be cast only with Stargate principle actors. An I think everyone here realize that this will be a diverse cast and not a Stargate reunion on a different show.

No, I realize that. I did get the gist of your original message completely. There was no confusion there.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  Sorry, I don't get how this has suddenly turned into an issue/argument? I thought we were having an entirely non-confrontational, hypothetical discussion with a slightly tongue-in-cheek flavour and my responses were intended in kind.
                  Clearly we've both misunderstood one another. Lets leave this point be? I can't see anything positive coming from it hereafter anyhow. And it's not that important. I apologize if I offended you.
                  Last edited by minigeek; 13 February 2007, 10:55 AM.

Comment

That's adorable BruTak!
                    Adorable huh? Hmmm...

Here's the before.

And the after.

His name, BTW, is Mr. Cheeky, and he's my friend.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

From what the main site is saying about this show it looks liike soemthing that i might like .

and Darren isn't sure if he is going to add it to gw yet to soon http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=4889
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Me! (Somewhat provisionally. If they can pull off dark sci-fi and not bleed into horror/demons.)

suse
                        Last edited by suse; 18 February 2007, 09:46 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Me!!
                          -

Comment

Me! *is excited*
                            sigpic
                            My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                              I used my windows player and Quicktime to view the trailor, both of which I updated a week or so ago. I haven't tried to view the PSP version yet.

I read this on the sites FAQ:

What do I need to play Sanctuary?

- A computer that can display a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768

- The ability to support Flash 8.0
                              Well, I have all of thsoe. Methinks

I ended up downloading it an watching on Videolan, as winamp, bsplayer and WMP refused to play it.... but it worked in the end so hooray! Gotta lvoe videolan. crappy interface, but it'd play anything!
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Actually, if you're having trouble with size and speed, try selecting the "ipod" option. It gives you a youtube sized video.
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X