Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the first email from the SANCTUARY team came through (hit my mailbox at least), along with some production photos and the music from the title score. Looks like a true labour of love for all involved - and they really seem to want to make things unbelieveably interactive. Can't wait to find out more.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
    ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
      I think the first email from the SANCTUARY team came through (hit my mailbox at least), along with some production photos and the music from the title score. Looks like a true labour of love for all involved - and they really seem to want to make things unbelieveably interactive. Can't wait to find out more.
      Oooh glad you mentioned that! Mine had gone into the junkmail filter and I wouldn't have thought to look if you hadn't said yours had arrived! Thanks!
      sigpic

Comment

Just got my Sanctuary and I just love the pictures and music that they sent.
        I think the comments that they have with the pictures are funny.
        Like this one
        Emilie and Chris in a scary scene about the perils of shaving...
        This is what I do in my spare time hunting down fanfiction

And here you will find my werewolf

Here you will find my vampire

Comment

Um... Can someone please post the pictures, or are you guys not allowed to do that?

Comment

They didn't say not to.

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/EMAIL_IMG/Will_BF.jpg

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/EMAIL...ris_Emelie.jpg

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/EMAIL_IMG/onSet.jpg

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/EMAIL_IMG/MW_directs.jpg

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/EMAIL_IMG/VFX.jpg

http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/Downl...e_Sequence.mp3

Comment

That signature is wicked, by the way. I love the verse - Kat wrote that? D*mn... at the rate she's been going lately with the creative stuff, I'm going to turn into a Kat fangurl pretty soon.

Comment

Thanks mini. I wonder if the theme song is downloadable as a ring tone for a cell? I'd love to have that on my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                  That signature is wicked, by the way. I love the verse - Kat wrote that? D*mn... at the rate she's been going lately with the creative stuff, I'm going to turn into a Kat fangurl pretty soon.
                  I know! I was like, "Can I just bop you on the head for every time you've said you can't write?"

Comment

Here's the email we got -

Hello, Damian Kindler here...

I just wanted to get back to you and thank you for your interest in Sanctuary. What you are seeing and hearing about on the web is the fruit of a lot of people's labor. Yes I wrote the damn thing, but as you all know something this special doesn't come to life without the help of a lot of very talented, very passionate people. And more importantly, Sanctuary won't be a success without support from you, the viewers and fans.

It's important to note that Sanctuary isn't being made by a huge Hollywood studio or network. This is a grassroots project that has attracted people who simply love sci-fi - watching it, reading it, and most of all, creating it.

Currently, we are looking for help in Beta Testing the Sanctuary experience prior to the first webisodes going live. We want your help to make sure the rollout process is completely bug-free for the general public and hardcore fans alike. Truly, being part of the Beta team is vital to the success of the show, so if you're up to it and feel you can contribute, please sign up as a tester.

We also want your feedback on how we can involve you more. Even though the characters and the premise is set, the future and direction of the series is not. Let us know how we can support your online life. Do you want us to start discussion groups, post surveys, or initiate forums? Let us know. Remember, Sanctuary was designed to appeal to you - the sci-fi viewer who works, lives, plays, and seeks entertainment online. Let us know how we can make the show work best in your world.

So where are we right now? On Jan 30 we wrapped production on the first eight webisodes - or two hours - of the series. Our post production efforts are now in full swing - no small feat considering how much green screen we shot against! But the show is looking truly wonderful, and believe me, Amanda Tapping will blow you away as the heroic Dr. Magnus. The rest of the lead cast will feel like people you've known for years. You will grow to love them all, I'm sure, just as I have.

So, in closing, it is my sincere hope that these first eight webisodes - which range in length from 12 minutes to 20 minutes - will make you want to spend lots of time immersed in the world of Sanctuary. It's a world I've living in for a year now and trust me, it's a wonderful place to be.

See you there!

Damian Kindler,
                    Creator, Executive Producer
                    Sanctuary

PS - Below is a little scrapbook from the pilot shoot I thought you'd enjoy.

That's so cool. So where do we sign up for beta testing???? BAH! I just got up. Need caffeine to start brain!!
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                      Oooh glad you mentioned that! Mine had gone into the junkmail filter and I wouldn't have thought to look if you hadn't said yours had arrived! Thanks!
                      Wow, initially I didn't think I had recieved an email until I read your comments about it ending up in the Junkmail filter. Needless to say I was quite excited when I went back and checked my email filters and it was there!!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                        I know! I was like, "Can I just bop you on the head for every time you've said you can't write?"
                        I have no clue what either of you are talking about. All I can see is a little quote that says this sig was designed by me, but there is nothing there. Therefore, it must mean I have created nothing. Sounds about right.

Comment

Okey dokey. First coffee of the day consumed and brain kick started

*I really must do something about my caffeine addiction*

I have sent off an email voluteering for beta testing and will impatiently await a reply

I've just been having a look a the new photos, especially the VFX one. I'd really like to see the VFX one (in higher resolution) after they finish it because what they have there already is very good but it does need finishing off with lighting effects for the front gas lamp etc.

You know what was missing from the new set of pics? One of Amanda on set *pouts*

Maybe next time
                          -

Comment

I only sent the email this evening - cos today was the first day that I copped on to the fact that there was more on the website than the trailer. D'oh!
                            *bangs head against wall*

Comment

I replied to the email - as it came from the same email addy as we used to sign up - and offered to help with beta-ing or anything else!

Question - at the bottom of the email it has a link to download the Title Sequence music... did anyone get an actual download (as in save a file to your computer) of this from this link? All it did for me was play the music in a web page...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X