Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    I had plans next year. I would have liked to have gone to Comic Con, maybe even the Leo's, but... I feel like not only my heart is broken, but my dreams. I was gonna do so much more to help them, WHR was gonna give me that chance, and I could have done so much more.
    Who says you can't still go?

Comment

I think as fans of Sanctuary, we need to also remember the greatest thing to come from this show isn't Magnus, The Five, the rest of the gang or the abnormals. The greatest thing is Sanctuary For Kids, and all of the 'good' that's been brought about because of it. And S4K will continue to do great things even without the show.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        I'm glad they ended season 4 the way they did...would have been so peeved had it been a cliff hanger.
        yes, I quite liked that. It was pretty epic. And to end the series like it started was pretty cool, with the quote

However, I don't wonder if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot with such a neatly packaged ending - I wonder, if they had left it like a clif hanger, if SyFy a half season to finish things off. Or at least be more inclined to.

It's too bad that Space and the other countries that Sanctuary is distributed to couldn't support it without SyFy. I'm really starting to dislike that network...and I don't even watch it!

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
        Anyone know if a mini-series or movie is still a possibility?
        Here's hoping. Maybe we need to start some sort of a campaign. We do know that the triumverate has indeed pitched something of that sort. Plus, it is something that could be doable whilst on hiatus from Primeval: New World.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Show Patrol leaked it on twitter before SyFy told the cast & crew as I am lead to believe - mind you one has to wonder why SyFy told Show Patrol before the cast & crew - something stinks!
          Those working on the show should definitely have been told first. Like I said -- no class.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
          Never say never Last I heard, it was still under discussion so still a possibility
          Then I can hope that we haven't seen the last of the characters I've grown to love. Yeah I know it's just a TV show, but still.
          sigpic
          Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
            yes, I quite liked that. It was pretty epic. And to end the series like it started was pretty cool, with the quote

However, I don't wonder if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot with such a neatly packaged ending - I wonder, if they had left it like a clif hanger, if SyFy a half season to finish things off. Or at least be more inclined to.

It wasn't that SyFy wasn't interested, it was more that the Beedie group couldn't put up the finance.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Who says you can't still go?
              Maybe they won't be nominated next year. I'm at least hoping for the Gems, but... one of my dreams was to at least be at an award event and see Amanda hopefully win an award and... oh, and this happened so close to the Leo's.

Comment

For me, instead of complaining about what Skiffy may or may have not done (although from reactions and statements it doesn't seem likely it was leaked on twitter before cast and crew knew), I'm going to thank Skiffy for giving a little failed webseries a chance. Thank he Beedoe Group for sticking around for 4 seasons. Thank the cast for bringing their joy to our screen and that MAD for being mad, and awesome, for givin a show like this a go.

It's easy to find someone to blame at a time like this, but I'm only just thankful it all existed.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Maybe they won't be nominated next year. I'm at least hoping for the Gems, but... one of my dreams was to at least be at an award event and see Amanda hopefully win an award and... oh, and this happened so close to the Leo's.
                  But look at what happened with SGU this year. Didn't they get nominated for a bunch of awards even though they were cancelled well over a year ago?

Same thing can happen with Sanctuary. Just wait and see.

And keep reminding yourself that positive things often come out of negative things.

Comment

i'm hoping for that sanctuary mini series amanda mentioned!

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                    I agree. It was basically a perfect series ending. However, I wonder if they could have Anthem make up a video which could include a virtual tour of the full new sanctuary and what it would look like.
                    very YES!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      But look at what happened with SGU this year. Didn't they get nominated for a bunch of awards even though they were cancelled well over a year ago?

Same thing can happen with Sanctuary. Just wait and see.
                      I don't see how. They're nominated for things this year, and with nothing next year... I wish I could have gone to the Leo's this year. I can't even think about what's next.

Comment

Thank God, no more Syfy.
                        Honestly, without Syfy Sanctuary wouldn't have made it to our TV's. Such rage. It's like biting the hand that feeds you.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                          For me, instead of complaining about what Skiffy may or may have not done (although from reactions and statements it doesn't seem likely it was leaked on twitter before cast and crew knew), I'm going to thank Skiffy for giving a little failed webseries a chance. Thank he Beedoe Group for sticking around for 4 seasons. Thank the cast for bringing their joy to our screen and that MAD for being mad, and awesome, for givin a show like this a go.

It's easy to find someone to blame at a time like this, but I'm only just thankful it all existed.
                          ITA with Deevil, we should thank Amanda, Damian and Martin as well as all those that made it possible for Sanctuary to go from a web series to a TV show that lasted 4 seasons. I'm sad that we won't get one more season, but grateful for what we did get.
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Such a shame about the cancellation. I will really miss this show.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

does anyone think we still stand a chance for the mini series?
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I just found out. Honestly, I'm not surprised. I figured the show would last at most, five seasons. The show didn't have a bad run. 59 episodes, not bad, eh? I never got around to seeing the third and fourth seasons. I guess I can take my time catching up.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                does anyone think we still stand a chance for the mini series?
                                What miniseries?

Comment

Working...
                                X