Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must admit now that we're into February already, I don't feel so positive about a renewal...but then again, this is SyFy...shouldn't expect anything from them.
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

From @sebofett:
      "destroying the production offices of #Sanctuary for money."

"@amandatapping sadly, I'm dismantling the production offices of #Sanctuary. But don't fret your office is untouched."

Anyone have a positive spin?

Comment

Who is this "sebofett"?
        How reliable are his tweets & what the heck does this mean?
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post
          From @sebofett:

"@amandatapping sadly, I'm dismantling the production offices of #Sanctuary. But don't fret your office is untouched."

Why spin anything? Maybe if it was established that he is indeed doing what he says he is doing.

From his Twitter profile :
          Sebastian McBurney
          @SeboFett Vancouver, Canada
          self proclaimed dude. nerd. amateur artist. film buff. and declared slightly mentally deranged.
          -

Comment

It seems rather an odd thing for someone to choose to fake.

Comment

Some of the best false rumours are started that way.

It may or may not be true however until someone can come up with something concrete I'd rather not stir up the flailers
              -

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                Who is this "sebofett"?
                FOr all we know this means that some sort of auxiliary or satellite offices are no longer needed.
                can't say it fills me with hope, but I'm not too focused on it. Each day that it's not cancelled is a day when it could be renewed.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I must admit now that we're into February already, I don't feel so positive about a renewal...but then again, this is SyFy...shouldn't expect anything from them.
                  Syfy... you know there are some people here who would take Syfy's side over Sanctuary. Yeah, those people are out there.

But yeah, this is really getting annoying, and it's not fair to the fans or the people of the show.

From @sebofett:

Who is this "sebofett"?
                  Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Why spin anything? Maybe if it was established that he is indeed doing what he says he is doing.

From his Twitter profile :
                  Sebastian McBurney
                  @SeboFett Vancouver, Canada
                  self proclaimed dude. nerd. amateur artist. film buff. and declared slightly mentally deranged.
                  Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Some of the best false rumours are started that way.

It may or may not be true however until someone can come up with something concrete I'd rather not stir up the flailers
                  Yes, I know that dude, he's a real spammer. He's been known to say that about other shows, so you shouldn't take into account anything he says.

Comment

Who is this "sebofett"?
                    It means nothing IMO. There is no reason to believe this tweet. Wait until word comes from someone known to be involved in the production. Actually the comment of "destroying the production offices of #Sanctuary for money." makes me believe that what this guy is saying is a but of a crock.

I gotta agree with Skydiver though, every day the show hasn't been cancelled is a day it could be renewed... It's just taking an awful long time and I'm impatient already!
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

You can blame who you want, but I think if it had been out and out cancelled we would have heard by now. I think the question is whether My Plastic Badger can get the money.

suse
                      who is overjoyed to support Sanctuary, but not willing to spam those who do not make the decision about the renewal
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Who is this "sebofett"?
                        He's a production assistant for Supernatural 5 Films, one of the companies that produces the Supernatural TV series.

Regarding the fact we haven't heard anything yet, I think it's worth remember that these are business decisions involving millions of dollars and many different people with often competing interests. Neither Syfy nor the Sanctuary execs involved are going to talk about the negotiations (esp not with fans on Twitter) until their finalized, not with so much money and so many different people involved.

In an effort to distract us from Sanctuary's possible renewal/cancellation, here's a question I've kinda been pondering since Tempus:

With Helen's second trip through the last 113 years, I wondered if there were some events she could have changed that maybe would not have changed history. She couldn't have prevented WWII or the Holocaust, but what about smaller events that didn't have such a world-wide impact?

Helen obviously felt okay making some changes in order to build her new Sanctuary, what other subtle changes do you think Helen could have made?

sigpic

Comment

like......rescuing one person from the Ghetto or...hey, maybe she was the reason al Capone's vault was empty
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                            He's a production assistant for Supernatural 5 Films, one of the companies that produces the Supernatural TV series.

Regarding the fact we haven't heard anything yet, I think it's worth remember that these are business decisions involving millions of dollars and many different people with often competing interests. Neither Syfy nor the Sanctuary execs involved are going to talk about the negotiations (esp not with fans on Twitter) until their finalized, not with so much money and so many different people involved.
                            OK, but why would a "production assistant" for Supernatural be involved with the Sanctuary studio? Plus, what's he doing going around twitter and throwing stuff out there when neither Syfy or the Sanc studio has said anything? it makes no sense, and I still take what he said as... as Chelle would say, "rubbish."

Comment

I just found this forum. I watched the third season of Sanctuary last year and liked it very much. I'm from germany (I hope my english isn't too bad ;-) On the german syfy site someone asked if there will be a fifth season. The Syfy-Team answered that there hasn't been a decision yet but that the chances are not bad because of the great success. I don't know if this is a good sign.
                              But I hope that we will get a new season.

Comment

Originally posted by nania View Post
                                I just found this forum. I watched the third season of Sanctuary last year and liked it very much. I'm from germany (I hope my english isn't too bad ;-) On the german syfy site someone asked if there will be a fifth season. The Syfy-Team answered that there hasn't been a decision yet but that the chances are not bad because of the great success. I don't know if this is a good sign.
                                But I hope that we will get a new season.
                                Your english is excellent.

Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X