Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
    Are we allowed to discuss Series 3 here yet, other than in Spoiler tags? I'm just curious because in reading the last few posts, I'm a little surprised to find that I must be in the minority about how the last series ended. My point is that in reading the interview linked here, I didn't find anything to be shocking, given what was shown in the episode. It seemed pretty clear to me, but now, I'm getting the impression that perhaps the event might not have been permanent, is that the way you all are taking it?
    Hey 12OzMouse sorry if I confused you with the spoiler tag but I used it since I also mentioned season 4 in it. Yes that is the way I had taken it. I love how John's character keeps Helen off balance and brings tension between her and her team. They aren't sure how Helen is going to react and seem hesitant to challenge Helen when it concerns John. Even Tesla didn't want to go there....so I'm disappointed if we lose that. I wonder if we should take anymore discussion to the season 4 folder....

Spoiler:
    But it also bothers me that John didn't even get so much as a footnote from Helen or anyone in Season 4.

Sally-I still have hope that they will find a loop hole for John to have survived due to the energy creature.
    Last edited by JanSam; 10 December 2011, 07:45 PM. Reason: fatigue :P
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      Spoiler:
      I've read a couple of comments from people on twitter saying that Biggie might also be leaving. I don't think he will, I mean, I remember at DC when Chris talked about a potential S5, and Biggie in S5. So, remembering that makes me feel that he'll be back at least as the Big Guy.

As for Johm, I remembered the pic of Amanda, Robin and Chris together AKA Helen, Will and John. If John is dead, and if Chris is mainly Biggie now, then why would he be in that pic as John? I mean, he's in a jacket, and with no hair. Why would he have no hair if he was just dressing up as Biggie? He had hair in Tempus & that episode was sot after Uprising. It would make no sense to have him bald just to dress up as Biggie IMO. That's why I think something is coming.
      Like I said on twitter
      Spoiler:
      He must have had his head shaved for the photoshoot. That pic is from like July 20th (posted so could be older). The season finally shot for 17 days and ended on August 20th where he showed up with hair. My hope was that he was in Acolyte. He could show up in The Depths but I doubt it.
      I dont think they killed Druitt, it would be the worst character death. No weight, no climax, nothing. But because of his schedule we get no Druitt this year and maybe no Druitt if there is a S05. I'm worried no Biggie either.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        Spoiler:
        i'm *very* surprised to hear that druitt was really killed off! i mean WHY do it?

but having said/ranted that , this might be a way out...

"As Sanctuary’s fourth season has continued, there have been no further signs of John Druitt, and while such a dynamic persona has definitely been missed, his absence has not necessarily been a bad thing for the actor. “I’d like to think that Druitt has taken his growth or development on to the next level and become some kind of Doctor Manhattan-type energy creature [referring to the character in the DC Watchman comic books and the 2009 feature film of the same name], but perhaps that’s something for Sanctuary’s fifth season,” muses Heyerdahl. “At this point, Druitt is dead and pushing up daises if he could."

the bolded might be how they bring druitt back! his physical body might be gone, but he could still be around in energy form. (like how i'd hoped ashley was too). AND, of course, they'll need to find a way of bringing his energy-based life form into physical form...

why mention that idea, if it isn't really an 'idea', you know?

i'm sure glad i'm not into helen/john, or i'd be x 10 right now...

(((helen/john shippers)))

Spoiler:
        Thank God, one more ship potential for Helen killed! Now let's hope Tesla bites it next
        JK
        IMHO this is probably another mean to cut costs for "Sanctuary" like having Kate as a recurring character

Comment

I wonder:

Spoiler:
          3 of the Five are now dead, Kate's gone, Biggie maybe next (given what happened in Acolyte), who's left for a Season 5 Sanctuary?
          sigpic
          Sign by me

Comment

Sorry to read that CH's take on it is that John is dead. I know it seemed like that at the end of season 3 but since we keep hearing the cliche that no one ever dies in Scifi I was hoping he survived somehow. The fact that no one mentioned him since actually gave me hope he would reappear. Very sorry if that is not going to happen and I think it is a mistake on the part of TPTB. The scenes between Helen and John are among the best of the series. If we get a season 5 I hope even more we go back in history so we can see more Helen/John.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Yes, it's unclear how he could have survived, but they've written themselves out of problems before. It does seem a cheat for him to be dead and us not getting to see Helen's dealing with it.

If nothing else, I'd love to see him in the past. But then I always like seeing Helen's past.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                Sorry to read that CH's take on it is that John is dead. I know it seemed like that at the end of season 3 but since we keep hearing the cliche that no one ever dies in Scifi I was hoping he survived somehow. The fact that no one mentioned him since actually gave me hope he would reappear. Very sorry if that is not going to happen and I think it is a mistake on the part of TPTB. The scenes between Helen and John are among the best of the series. If we get a season 5 I hope even more we go back in history so we can see more Helen/John.
                Yep, my thoughts as well. I felt TPTB were just going to let us wonder for awhile if he survived or not but then he'd turn up again.

JanSam: Very, very unhappy and disappointed with this show if they truly decide this is permanent.

In spoilers to rant just a bit about this news and last night's episode

Spoiler:

Are they going to leave any of The Five alive???? And then with what happened with Biggie's character last night...yes Martin I get that you want jeopardy for the characters but if you keep killing off characters then why do we want to watch and learn and care about any of the characters. At the rate they kill characters off, why bother.

Spoiler:
                I'm unhappy too and even though John is not my favorite character I thought he added a lot to the show and CH played him perfectly. I also hate it if their plan is to pick off THe Five one by one, since I've always wanted to see more of The Five, and the last two are my favorite characters. After Monsoon's controversy I posted that I wouldn't quit watching the show because I didn't like what they did in one scene or one episode, but I guess I spoke too soon because killing off Tesla or Magnus would probably make me throw up my hands in disgust and give up watching.

siles: Thank God, one more ship potential for Helen killed! Now let's hope Tesla bites it next

Rocky: Do you remember when that pic was taken? Sorry I know you probably mentioned it before but I'm not sure where.
                sigpic
                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

I know I'm a noob here but I've been lurking for quite awhile.
                  Spoiler:
                  Regarding John's apparent "death": Ashley fans were in the very same place. We are told the character is dead but really no proof of it. I am hoping John comes back from wherever he's been hanging out with Ashley in tow

Comment

Originally posted by ndroll02 View Post
                    I know I'm a noob here but I've been lurking for quite awhile.
                    Spoiler:
                    Regarding John's apparent "death": Ashley fans were in the very same place. We are told the character is dead but really no proof of it. I am hoping John comes back from wherever he's been hanging out with Ashley in tow
                    Spoiler:

But at least Ashley's death was dealt with. We saw the impact it had on Magnus and the others, we saw Magnus struggle to accept it and even John and Nikola taking revenge on The Cabal. So far there has been no mention at all of what's happened to John since Into the Black...
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      Spoiler:

But at least Ashley's death was dealt with. We saw the impact it had on Magnus and the others, we saw Magnus struggle to accept it and even John and Nikola taking revenge on The Cabal. So far there has been no mention at all of what's happened to John since Into the Black...
                      Right.

Spoiler:
                      If John really is dead, permanently, then I think they've handled it very poorly. That is unless he IS coming back. I even question the timing of the appearance of this interview, so close to the airing of the season finale. Maybe they're stirring this up deliberately just to get fans going before John shows up in the finale?? Hey, we can hope, right?
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                        Right.

Spoiler:
                        If John really is dead, permanently, then I think they've handled it very poorly. That is unless he IS coming back. I even question the timing of the appearance of this interview, so close to the airing of the season finale. Maybe they're stirring this up deliberately just to get fans going before John shows up in the finale?? Hey, we can hope, right?
                        At this point hoping is probably the only thing we can do...
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                          Right.

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by fems View Post
                          At this point hoping is probably the only thing we can do...
                          I keep going back to the pic thinger from not to long ago. The one with him without hair, yo.

Again, if he's only playing the Big Guy, why would he be bald for that? Plus, he had hair for Tempus, but they shot Tempus after Uprising, so that means when he was dressed as Biggie, he had hair. Unless he can grow his hair back in a couple of weeks. It would make no sense for him to go bald just to dress up as Biggie if he clearly doesn't have to.

Comment

Somehow I doubt that what that interview was completely true. How could it be? Last time we saw him he was, as Helen said, being "overtaken" by the energy creature (ain't that basically what happened at the end of "Haunted"?). And the explosion, wasn't that somewhere else, to clear an entrance for the rebel abnormals? If not then how was Declan there?

Also, didn't the article say "For now"? Those are two very important words.

Comment

OT but I read somewhere that SYFY is now advertising Sanctuary on the USA network - has anyone noticed this? hope its true and they finally start advertising the show
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie_Vampiress View Post
                                Somehow I doubt that what that interview was completely true. How could it be? Last time we saw him he was, as Helen said, being "overtaken" by the energy creature (ain't that basically what happened at the end of "Haunted"?). And the explosion, wasn't that somewhere else, to clear an entrance for the rebel abnormals? If not then how was Declan there?

Also, didn't the article say "For now"? Those are two very important words.
                                I am sure I read or listened to a season 4 preview where

Spoiler:
                                Chris said he would be back as Druitt at the end of the season with a surprise

Comment

Working...
                                X