Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how the Leos work, but in many awards schemes, the shows have to pay a nomination fee to submit an episode/person. those with bigger budgets can enter a lot hoping for nominations, while those with smaller budgets only have a few.

Not saying it's not an honor, not saying it's not good, but in SOME awards, people can pretty much buy themselves a chance to win.

(there was a huge kerfluffle years ago about the academy awards, because the big studios could afford to make thousands of screeners to send to academy members, thus refreshing their memory about how 'good' the movie ie (promoting name recognition) while smaller studios couldn't afford to do that. I think there was an attempt to stop the mailing of screeners - i think academy members can get dozens/hundreds of them just before oscar season) but that attempt didn't go anywhere beyond the whole process being made public...kinda like how the 'swag bags' attendees at awards shows get are now such a highly sought after advertising scheme that recipients need to notify their accountants when they get them because they can be worth tens of thousands of dollars.)
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      While we're waiting for Magnus Monday...

Which mode do you like Magnus in best?

Medical Magnus?
      Action Magnus?
      Mentor Magnus?
      other?
      I think my favorite is Clever Magnus, which is very closely related to Action Magnus. I like when she's hatching plans to get out of a situation without having to fight her way out (see Penance, Awakening, etc). Of course, this is usually preceded or followed (or both) by Action Magnus. I don't like when she's having to play Mummy Magnus, because all the characters are supposed to be adults.

Have to say that I enjoyed the recent On the Menu Magnus - the looks between her and the vampire queen were delicious!
      Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
      Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Anybody notice that #Sanctuary doesn't appear in the @syfy schedule ? Next Monday, May 30.

Comment

May 30 is Memorial Day and SyFy is showing movie marathons over the holiday.
          sigpic

Comment

well, least i won't have to try and get the transcript done while i'm working my way through a road trip next week
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              well, least i won't have to try and get the transcript done while i'm working my way through a road trip next week
              It will give you an extra week to transcript Normandy. That script is very heavy. Plus some French for you to transcript. If you need help with the French there are many people on GW that can help.

Can't wait for everyone to catch Normandy. An amazing episode with the 5. With so many, with the exception of Awakening, having the focus on the Young cast it is wonderful to have an episode that showcases what I think is the strength of the series. The more mature actors are what I watch for. Even though I do miss Henry. He has been missing too many in a row. So another episode without him is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                It will give you an extra week to transcript Normandy. That script is very heavy. Plus some French for you to transcript. If you need help with the French there are many people on GW that can help.
                Ahem....just to clarify...Mandy, Sky doesn't need your...special French translations.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                  Ahem....just to clarify...Mandy, Sky doesn't need your...special French translations.
                  ?? I feel like this must be some kind of inside joke? Let's go inside and tell it. hehe

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
                    Hey! Those translations came in very handy
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                      ?? I feel like this must be some kind of inside joke? Let's go inside and tell it. hehe
                      Oops, sorry...yeah Mandy used to help translate(if you want to call her making up words for when she wasn't sure of translation)the French interviews and posts. TJ was always cleaning up the translations after Mandy had her fun.....

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      Hey! Those translations came in very handy
                      Handy? Well, it did give us a laugh.
                      sigpic

Comment

is this the 'i'm not watchin sanctuary right now b/c i can't' refuge?
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey, how could you not get....Ma voix de la raison translates to....

My box of raisins
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            is this the 'i'm not watchin sanctuary right now b/c i can't' refuge?
                            How did you know I have to wait til after work tomorrow because 10pm is too late when you get up for work at 2:30am.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              Hey, how could you not get....Ma voix de la raison translates to....

My box of raisins

So Stef I think the above gives my "raison" for the post to Mandy not to help
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                                How did you know I have to wait til after work tomorrow because 10pm is too late when you get up for work at 2:30am.
                                okay, your 2:30am beats my 4:30am.

i had to be up that early this morning, but i'm off tomorrow, so sleepy in time!

but i'm also west coast, so i've still got over 2 hours to go.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X