Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, the episodes I like the most are those where all the kids getta play
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I just checked the TV Guide thing, and right now the show has 96. Is that good?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Mother's Day must be hard for Magnus these days. Do you think Ashley was good about remembering? Do you think she got mom flowers? A gun?
        I could see Ash going either way on this one - but I'd like to think that she'd make sure she had *something* sitting on mom's desk by the end of the day. Just a little surprise to say 'hi mom, yup, i'm still thinking of ya' kind of thing ... esp if it had been a tradition since she was a kid. The only prob with this scenario is who would have taught Ash to do it? I can't see Helen being the type to push Mom's day for herself, and there wouldn't have been the example of Helen celebrating her mom, who was presumably gone long before Ashley came on the scene. Hmmmm. Perhaps a topical ficlet is in order!
        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
        ames on facebook
        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
          I could see Ash going either way on this one - but I'd like to think that she'd make sure she had *something* sitting on mom's desk by the end of the day. Just a little surprise to say 'hi mom, yup, i'm still thinking of ya' kind of thing ... esp if it had been a tradition since she was a kid. The only prob with this scenario is who would have taught Ash to do it? I can't see Helen being the type to push Mom's day for herself, and there wouldn't have been the example of Helen celebrating her mom, who was presumably gone long before Ashley came on the scene. Hmmmm. Perhaps a topical ficlet is in order!
          I think Helen wood still have celebrated Mother's Day, probably by talking to Ashley about her grandmother and sharing her memories of her - so Ashley wood have picked up on it from there

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            NCIS is a great show and it doesn't focus on any specific pairing for a "ship", although I am getting exceedingly tired of Tony's love life being the focus in numerous episodes. The only ship I've liked in the whole series was Gibbs and the lady Army Colonel; wish they could have brought her back.

However, I don't watch that show for any sort of ship.
            But there are hints of Tony/Ziva (remember Ziva's nosiness jealousy with the whole Jeanne (sp) arc? And Tony with that guy he got in a fight with and killed?) and hints of McGeek/Abby. No, nothing too shippy - and they do pair them with others for a bit, but the thread is there.

I'd rather they they not ship on Sanctuary, thanks. Angst for old ship is fine though. Poor Helen.
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
              I just checked the TV Guide thing, and right now the show has 96. Is that good?
              It's better than the 17 it had when I voted. But I think it needs several hundred to even cause a blip.
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                But there are hints of Tony/Ziva (remember Ziva's nosiness jealousy with the whole Jeanne (sp) arc? And Tony with that guy he got in a fight with and killed?) and hints of McGeek/Abby. No, nothing too shippy - and they do pair them with others for a bit, but the thread is there.

I'd rather they they not ship on Sanctuary, thanks. Angst for old ship is fine though. Poor Helen.
                Yep. I remember all that stuff. At least for awhile there (for me, anyway), they were overdoing it, and it seems to have calmed down quite a bit now. I might have quit watching if they had kept emphasizing any of them.

Comment

Not Exactly the Hearts and Flowers Type
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    Mother's Day must be hard for Magnus these days. Do you think Ashley was good about remembering? Do you think she got mom flowers? A gun?
                    Maybe she'd take her out to the shooting range. Or maybe Magnus has her own motorcycle, and they go for a mother/daughter ride somewhere.

Or Ashley gets all dressed up and gets her to dress up and then takes her to dinner at a posh dining place, just for the fun of it.

Comment

Sanctuary has received 17 nominations in this years Leo Awards :

Best Dramatic Series
                      Sanctuary
                      Damian Kindler, Amanda Tapping, Martin Wood, Alan McCullough, Lily Hui, James Thorpe, Lee Wilson, George Horie, Gillian Horvath - Producers

Best Direction in a Dramatic Series
                      Steven A. Adelson - Sanctuary - Vigilante

Best Screenwriting in a Dramatic Series
                      Damian Kindler - Sanctuary - Breach
                      James Thorpe - Sanctuary - For King and Country

Best Cinematography in a Dramatic Series
                      Gordon Verheul - Sanctuary - For King and Country

Best Picture Editing in a Dramatic Series
                      Gordon Rempel - Sanctuary - Breach
                      Eric Hill - Sanctuary - For King and Country

Best Overall Sound in a Dramatic Series
                      Jean Tejkel, Kevin Sands, Hugo de le Certa, Kevin Belen - Sanctuary - Kali 3
                      Jean Tejkel, Kevin Sands, Hugo de le Certa, Kevin Belen - Sanctuary - Breach

Best Costume Design in a Dramatic Series
                      Christina McQuarrie - Sanctuary - For King and Country

Best Visual Effects in a Dramatic Series
                      Lee Wilson, Lisa Sepp-Wilson, Les Quinn, Colin Ebbeson, Lionel Lim - Sanctuary - Kali 3
                      Lee Wilson, Sebastien Bergeron, Les Quinn, Lionel Lim - Sanctuary - Hollow Men

Best Stunt Coordination in a Dramatic Series
                      Marshall Virtue, Roy Hayter - Sanctuary - Breach

Best Guest Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series
                      Ian Tracey - Sanctuary - For King and Country

Best Supporting Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series
                      Ryan Robbins - Sanctuary - Animus

Best Lead Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series
                      Robin Dunne - Sanctuary - Vigilante

Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series
                      Amanda Tapping - Sanctuary - Breach
                      -

Comment

I was torn between Ashley doing the unusual, like bonding at the shooting range or an obstacle course ... or making this one day a 'girlie' day, with the two of them doing mani/pedi, dressing up, and just being, y'know, girlie together

Yup, definitely think ficlet or two are in order to explore these options! LOL
                        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                        ames on facebook
                        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          Sanctuary has received 17 nominations in this years Leo Awards :

Best Costume Design in a Dramatic Series
                          Christina McQuarrie - Sanctuary - For King and Country
                          Yes, I thought the costumes were quite good in this one. They seemed movie quality.

Yup, definitely think ficlet or two are in order to explore these options! LOL
                          you write 'em, I'll read 'em.

Comment

Hello folks

Just wanted to leave a quick post to say "hi" and introduce myself - this seemed like the best place to do it. I'm pretty new around here - used to lurk quite a bit, but with the announcement of GW's SG rewatch, I thought I'd join in the fun. That said, I'm here because I love Sanctuary! Sadly, I've not been that impressed with the latter half of the current season, but my favourite eps have to be "Breach" and "For King and Country" from the first half. Just brilliant!

Anyway, looking forward to 'meeting' you all.

Cheers.
                            "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                            ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              NCIS is a great show and it doesn't focus on any specific pairing for a "ship", although I am getting exceedingly tired of Tony's love life being the focus in numerous episodes. The only ship I've liked in the whole series was Gibbs and the lady Army Colonel; wish they could have brought her back.

However, I don't watch that show for any sort of ship.
                              I loved Gibbs with the Colonel! And bonus that she wasn't a redhead.

I have a question about season 3, since the first episode I saw was For King and Country. We last saw John in Haunted in Season 2, so when does he first show up in season 3 other than in a flashback or the like?
                              Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                              Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
                                I loved Gibbs with the Colonel! And bonus that she wasn't a redhead.

I have a question about season 3, since the first episode I saw was For King and Country. We last saw John in Haunted in Season 2, so when does he first show up in season 3 other than in a flashback or the like?
                                I'm thinking it's "Vigilante".

Comment

Working...
                                X