Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Night promo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUTiyAun_IA

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      The lovely Nichelle Nichols on Twitter is helping get the word out about the change in nights for Sanctuary :

Nichelle Nichols
      Just saw that SyFy is moving Sanctuary, starring @amandatapping to Mondays at 10pm starting this Mon 4/25. Two eps in 3 days! Tune in!
      Awww. THat truly is lovely of her. Hope it helps.
      sigpic
      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        The lovely Nichelle Nichols on Twitter is helping get the word out about the change in nights for Sanctuary :

Nichelle Nichols
        Just saw that SyFy is moving Sanctuary, starring @amandatapping to Mondays at 10pm starting this Mon 4/25. Two eps in 3 days! Tune in!
        What a lovely thing for her to do.

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
        That's always been the issue with Syfy, it's lack of interest for the fans. I have a theory that there's 2 things a show or network can do to build a gap with it's fans.

1. Doesn't listen to fans.
        2. Doesn't care what the fans want.

Syfy does both, and that's why so many people that I know have an issue with them. I love the Space channel, the network and one of the guys from Innerspace follow me, and we some times share DM's/suggestions on how to improve things and that is what I love, a network asking fans for suggestions, actually listing to the fans.

I'll spread promos around and what not, but it usually seems fans promote the show themselves more than Syfy does, if Syfy cared as much for the show as the fans do, it'd be much better off. How about instead of making promos, we make a petition to have it moved over to awesome Space?
        I take it you are not serious since a) it is already on Space and b) Space is only in Canada. As much as you hate Syfy Rocky, bottom line is without them there would be no Sanctuary.

I choose (as with most things) to take the glass-half-full approach. No one knows what the result of the move to Mondays will be. Let's wait and see. Syfy has no reason to kill the show. I view it as an experiment. If it works, great. If not, they can always move it back to Fridays for season 4.

Since I watch it on Space, I will keep tuning in on Fridays. However, if it were moved to another night, I would watch it there because I am afan of the show and would watch it anywhere, anytime. I hope that is the case with the vast majority of fans.

@SanctuarySeries For Magnus, Will, Biggie, Henry + Kate's closets. Will they miss just ONE cool jacket? Yes? Oh alright. Hmph #Sanctuary http://t.co/dEmhwRZ

I have similar pictures!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I'll spread promos around and what not, but it usually seems fans promote the show themselves more than Syfy does, if Syfy cared as much for the show as the fans do, it'd be much better off. How about instead of making promos, we make a petition to have it moved over to awesome Space?
          Why would you want to take it away from those people who watch it on Syfy and don't get the Space Channel?

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Since I watch it on Space, I will keep tuning in on Fridays. However, if it were moved to another night, I would watch it there because I am afan of the show and would watch it anywhere, anytime. I hope that is the case with the vast majority of fans.
            following this line of thinking: IF the series doesn't do real great on monday's, would dvr'ing it still help (in renewal chances)?

amanda said to a fan on twitter (Please get a DVR. we'd hate to lose you.), so i'm wondering if dvr'ing is important 'enough'? (or she just wanted the fan to still be able to view the series, not thinking about ratings, etc)
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              following this line of thinking: IF the series doesn't do real great on monday's, would dvr'ing it still help (in renewal chances)?
              Yes, but only if they watched the ads and watched it within 3 days

amanda said to a fan on twitter (Please get a DVR. we'd hate to lose you.), so i'm wondering if dvr'ing is important 'enough'? (or she just wanted the fan to still be able to view the series, not thinking about ratings, etc)
              Probably the last bit.
              -

Comment

Other fans also believe Amanda's also worried, because she knows Monday is tough. Syfy wants to pair Sanctuary up with a show that's cancelled, and then a show that's been off the air for like 20 years. How's that a "hot lineup"?

What other shows will be on Monday with Sanctuary?
                So maybe they've moved Sanctuary to help boost Monday's numbers? Heck of a feather in Sanctuary's cap if it works

Sanctuary has a small, but VERY loyal fanbase, and I like to think that fans will be there for it, to support it, enjoy and keep it going. Depsite Syfy's incompetence and dumb thinking, that doesn't need to effect the fans, because we love the show, and where not going to a clueless network ruin it, no matter how much it screws things up.
                There you go - positive thinking

Negativity helps nothing and no-one. Sanctuary needs us to support it, not waste our time worrying and complaining

Comment

If they could get Nichelle Nichols, if it's not too cliche, I'd love to see her as a friend/mentor to Helen.

Comment

@Syfy RT @starsongky Could you please tell us the reasoning behind moving #Sanctuary to Mondays? (see next)

@Syfy We just had tremendous success with #BeingHuman on Mondays & have an opportunity to introduce #Sanctuary to a new audience with the move.

@Syfy Here's the summer schedule for all our shows: http://bit.ly/dZPImx

@Syfy RT @jmorris411 #Sanctuary on Mondays makes my week that much better! #SGU + #Sanctuary = best mondays ever!

Um... the jury is still out about the last one.
                    Last edited by Rocky89; 25 April 2011, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Why would you want to take it away from those people who watch it on Syfy and don't get the Space Channel?
                      Seconded. Granted, I don't agree with alot that SyFy does with its shows, but since I don't get Space Channel I couldn't watch Sanctuary if it wasn't on SyFy anymore.

Rocky89: @Syfy RT @starsongky Could you please tell us the reasoning behind moving #Sanctuary to Mondays? (see next)

@Syfy We just had tremendous success with #BeingHuman on Mondays & have an opportunity to introduce #Sanctuary to a new audience with the move.
                      Well, let's hope it does in fact help Sanctuary instead of hurting it.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

The New Sci-Fi Mondays: Why Sanctuary’s move may not be so bad

Spoiler:
                        The SyFy channel recently announced that it was moving its popular original series Sanctuary from its Friday night slot to Monday nights. Fans were immediately in an uproar, threatening to boycott the network for what they saw as a “death move.” Sanctuary fans are already leery of the channel since granting the series a season four renewal for a tiny twelve episodes and many cross-over Stargate fans are dubious given what they consider the unjust cancellation of Stargate: Universe. On the other side of the fence there are those that are praising the execs over at SyFy for their wisdom and continued support of the sci-fi community without examining the reasoning behind the move.

So why move a show with steady ratings from its favored Friday night spot to Monday nights where it will, at least for now, have to compete with such ratings giants as ABC’s Castle? The answer is simple, clearly the Smackdown fans aren’t tuning in to watch Sanctuary and many SGU fans do. With SGU‘s final three episodes airing shortly, SyFy is going to need an already established original series to fill in that time slot.

I chose to post this here because maybe we can talk about it, and it's a very good article, and it actually makes me feel a little better, yo.

Comment

Reading the whole article, it makes a lot of sense - to me anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            Reading the whole article, it makes a lot of sense - to me anyway
                            Even I understood it.

@RyRobbins Ok, #Sanctuary Muppet comparisons; Me-Animal, C.H.-Sam the Eagle, A.D.-Miss Piggy, R.D.-Rizzo the Rat, A.T.-A beautiful, female Kermit.

@RyRobbins And, of course, M.W. & D.K. Are Stadler and Waldorf, heckling from the balcony... #Sanctuary Muppet comparisons.

@AgamDarshi @RyRobbins miss piggy eh?! Where exactly does the comparison lie here ryro? In that she's sophisticated strong woman? You better say yes!

@RyRobbins @AgamDarshi thanks for proving me right

Comment

Even I understood it.

@RyRobbins Ok, #Sanctuary Muppet comparisons; Me-Animal, C.H.-Sam the Eagle, A.D.-Miss Piggy, R.D.-Rizzo the Rat, A.T.-A beautiful, female Kermit.

@RyRobbins And, of course, M.W. & D.K. Are Stadler and Waldorf, heckling from the balcony... #Sanctuary Muppet comparisons.

@AgamDarshi @RyRobbins miss piggy eh?! Where exactly does the comparison lie here ryro? In that she's sophisticated strong woman? You better say yes!

@RyRobbins @AgamDarshi thanks for proving me right

Probably right

I'd have thought Amanda wood be Big Bird - all sweet and cuddly
                              Last edited by Jumble; 25 April 2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

@RyRobbins Alright, signing off for a bit. I encourage you all to continue the #MuppetSanctuary madness in my absence... Enjoy!!

@AgamDarshi @RyRobbins Fine. I wear my miss piggyness with pride. Afterall, I do look cute in couture.

I wanna see Miss Tapping join in.

Comment

Working...
                                X