Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, tiny rant, this doomin and gloomin is.....well i'm rolling my eyes so hard i'm getting a headache.

I respect peoples rights to say what they want, and i'm not saying to stop, but.....

a) like realm said, wrestling isn't helping Sanctuary as much as you'd think simply because the demo that lives and breathes wrestling isn't the demo to watch a show like sanctuary

b) right now, monday night is a virtual dead zone until 9pm central time. Being Human - a similar type show, did quite well there.

c) Sanctuary has an established fan base

d) sanctuary already has season 4 commissioned.

e) skiffy likely chose to do this either because whatever's replacing sanctuary paid them a lotta money to get that wrestling lead in, or they want to tap into being human's existing viewership...or they tossed darts at a calendar

f) skiffy will likely fill this friday's episode with 'moving to monday' promos....takes time to make them

g) this isn't some personal dig against AT and her directing. skiffy don't give a fig and they just chose a day of the week

h) we're headed into may sweeps, so instead of going head to head with Blue Bloods on CBS, Sanctuary's competition is now a couple of sitcoms and 'The Event', which is a dying show

i) I'm gonna wait and see what the ratings are before i don the hair shirt, flail and moan and generally immerse myself in doom and gloom

j) all the fan response in the world won't make skiffy change their mind, so maybe instead of spending your energy complaining about the move, you instead try to let people know about it

k).....think i've come up with enough
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well said Sky

In the UK S3 has always been shown on a Tuesday, S2 was on Fridays - personally I don't care what night it is because I'll always watch it, dvr it, and buy the DVDs.

I know we're all very protective of Sanctuary because we love it, but I really don't understand why there is so much negativity about a change in the schedule - we'll all still watch it won't we?

I'm going to put my neck on the line and suggest that maybe SGU failed because it just wasn't poplular enough, and would have done so no matter which night it aired.

Let's just wait and see shall we?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        j) all the fan response in the world won't make skiffy change their mind, so maybe instead of spending your energy complaining about the move, you instead try to let people know about it
        Well said Sky, you raised several good points but I'd like to highlight this one.

If people are so worried about Sanctuary's future prospects then why don't you (the general you) start getting the word out and making sure people know about the change. Why not take it a step further and do some fan promo vids and posters? We have access to lots of online social venues so start using them for support of Sanctuary instead of moaning and groaning. Stop complaining about lack of promotion and pitch in and do some of your own.

Actually I'm going to issue a challenge :
        Let's see how much fan noise we can make. If anyone wants to participate then they can create a poster or a vid of a Season 3.5 promo and I'll post them all on my website in a special section and then everyone can Tweet or Facebook (or other method of choice) about the entries several times a day. Make a noise to help Sanctuary.
        -

Comment

There you go, positive thinking!

Comment

Or what about running a Caption This contest on Twitter using stills from the S3.5 promos from Syfy & Space?
            -

Comment

Ok, tiny rant, this doomin and gloomin is.....well i'm rolling my eyes so hard i'm getting a headache.

I respect peoples rights to say what they want, and i'm not saying to stop, but.....

a) like realm said, wrestling isn't helping Sanctuary as much as you'd think simply because the demo that lives and breathes wrestling isn't the demo to watch a show like sanctuary

b) right now, monday night is a virtual dead zone until 9pm central time. Being Human - a similar type show, did quite well there.

c) Sanctuary has an established fan base

d) sanctuary already has season 4 commissioned.

e) skiffy likely chose to do this either because whatever's replacing sanctuary paid them a lotta money to get that wrestling lead in, or they want to tap into being human's existing viewership...or they tossed darts at a calendar

f) skiffy will likely fill this friday's episode with 'moving to monday' promos....takes time to make them

g) this isn't some personal dig against AT and her directing. skiffy don't give a fig and they just chose a day of the week

h) we're headed into may sweeps, so instead of going head to head with Blue Bloods on CBS, Sanctuary's competition is now a couple of sitcoms and 'The Event', which is a dying show

i) I'm gonna wait and see what the ratings are before i don the hair shirt, flail and moan and generally immerse myself in doom and gloom

k).....think i've come up with enough
              I hope you realize fans are concerned with a potential season 5 which will be picked up based on ratings for Season 3.5 and the first episodes of season 4...

Comment

Since it will be on Monday they should do what they did to Being Human re-run it again on Friday at 11pm. That and they always re-ran it again during the first half of the season. It would give people three chances to catch it should they happen to miss it Monday. I know it's set in stone for the move to Monday but it would have been nice if they had thought about that while they were getting ready to move it Monday.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

j) all the fan response in the world won't make skiffy change their mind, so maybe instead of spending your energy complaining about the move, you instead try to let people know about it.
                  Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Well said Sky, you raised several good points but I'd like to highlight this one.

If people are so worried about Sanctuary's future prospects then why don't you (the general you) start getting the word out and making sure people know about the change. Why not take it a step further and do some fan promo vids and posters? We have access to lots of online social venues so start using them for support of Sanctuary instead of moaning and groaning. Stop complaining about lack of promotion and pitch in and do some of your own.

Actually I'm going to issue a challenge :
                  Let's see how much fan noise we can make. If anyone wants to participate then they can create a poster or a vid of a Season 3.5 promo and I'll post them all on my website in a special section and then everyone can Tweet or Facebook (or other method of choice) about the entries several times a day. Make a noise to help Sanctuary.
                  That's always been the issue with Syfy, it's lack of interest for the fans. I have a theory that there's 2 things a show or network can do to build a gap with it's fans.

1. Doesn't listen to fans.
                  2. Doesn't care what the fans want.

Syfy does both, and that's why so many people that I know have an issue with them. I love the Space channel, the network and one of the guys from Innerspace follow me, and we some times share DM's/suggestions on how to improve things and that is what I love, a network asking fans for suggestions, actually listing to the fans.

I'll spread promos around and what not, but it usually seems fans promote the show themselves more than Syfy does, if Syfy cared as much for the show as the fans do, it'd be much better off. How about instead of making promos, we make a petition to have it moved over to awesome Space?

Comment

I don't have a lot to say on the move to Mondays. I for one don't think a day of week is a big change. I know someone who works on Friday nights and could never catch Sanctuary live. She'll be able to on Mondays. People are occupied at different times. And as a lot of people have said, Season 4 is already confirmed for us. So I'm not that worried about it.

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                    Another good reason for it having been on Fridays is that is was on at the same time as Canada.
                    But this makes me sad.

Call me selfish, but I liked being able to watch it at the same time as the US. I mean, a 4 day difference is a lot for a show. I guess I'll just have to avoid a couple of threads for the week, but I don't like it. And it'll probably be available online before it airs here, so maybe the ratings on Space will drop. I don't know. I don't really know how that's going to influence the ratings. Mostly, I think I'm just being selfish when I say I would have liked it to stay on the same night.

(I know that UKers have to wait until June, which I also find unfair, but didn't include in the post. Just to say I'm not THAT selfish. )
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Yes it annoys me that Canada will be ahead of us. Guess I'll have more free time avoiding threads in the weekend.

Ad to season four...there's no guarantee that it'll remain on Monday's next season.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                        I don't have a lot to say on the move to Mondays. I for one don't think a day of week is a big change. I know someone who works on Friday nights and could never catch Sanctuary live. She'll be able to on Mondays. People are occupied at different times. And as a lot of people have said, Season 4 is already confirmed for us. So I'm not that worried about it.

But this makes me sad.

Call me selfish, but I liked being able to watch it at the same time as the US. I mean, a 4 day difference is a lot for a show. I guess I'll just have to avoid a couple of threads for the week, but I don't like it. And it'll probably be available online before it airs here, so maybe the ratings on Space will drop. I don't know. I don't really know how that's going to influence the ratings. Mostly, I think I'm just being selfish when I say I would have liked it to stay on the same night.

(I know that UKers have to wait until June, which I also find unfair, but didn't include in the post. Just to say I'm not THAT selfish. )
                        Yes it annoys me that Canada will be ahead of us. Guess I'll have more free time avoiding threads in the weekend.

Ad to season four...there's no guarantee that it'll remain on Monday's next season.
                        Some people on twitter are talking about that if they move to Monday, Space will move it to Monday as well. I mean, some of you may not know, but when Sanctuary was supposed to move to Tues, Space aired promos for it telling Canadian fans it would be airing on Tuesdays on Space.

It's not selfish at all, most fans want that, because it's their night, and it works. Maybe SGU wouldn't have made it either way, but some still think they're ratings would have been a bit better if they stayed on Fri. I HOPE this is just another experiment like with the 20 eps, and if it doesn't work, they'll put it back on Fri, I mean they moved SGU to Monday to try and help it.

It's amaizng I still have all my hair, and no greys.

Comment

Well Space isn't saying anything right now. I looked at their schedule and it still says Friday. *shrugs* I guess we'll see.
                          sigpic
                          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                            Well Space isn't saying anything right now. I looked at their schedule and it still says Friday. *shrugs* I guess we'll see.
                            Also, take into account that Space was advertising them being on Tuesday before S3 aired, and the promos were fixed before the season aired. S4 is already a go, and there's only 9 eps left in S3, so if Monday doesn't work, hopefully they'll fix another mess of theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                              I know we're all very protective of Sanctuary because we love it, but I really don't understand why there is so much negativity about a change in the schedule - we'll all still watch it won't we?

I'm going to put my neck on the line and suggest that maybe SGU failed because it just wasn't poplular enough, and would have done so no matter which night it aired.

Let's just wait and see shall we?
                              I'll still watch it, and I'm sure a lot of others will, but there may be some that won't.

RE: SGU - possibly. It was different from the other Stargate series and from what I read some fans liked the difference while others hated it.

Wait and see... yep, that's about all we CAN do it seems, and hope that the move doesn't hurt Sanctuary or if it does that SyFy puts it back on Fridays where it was before it's too late.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                                I'll still watch it, and I'm sure a lot of others will, but there may be some that won't.

RE: SGU - possibly. It was different from the other Stargate series and from what I read some fans liked the difference while others hated it.

Wait and see... yep, that's about all we CAN do it seems, and hope that the move doesn't hurt Sanctuary or if it does that SyFy puts it back on Fridays where it was before it's too late.
                                By the same token, it may well be that Sanctuary will pick up viewers that didn't watch it because it was on Friday Swings and roundabouts.

There's no point in worrying about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X