Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a confirmation by Syfy and fast. SGU cancelation rocked my Sanctuary S04 groove!

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
      I need a confirmation by Syfy and fast. SGU cancelation rocked my Sanctuary S04 groove!
      I think the writing was on the wall for SGU and there were no rumours about them being in negotiations. For Sanctuary we have solid facts that they are talking about S4, so I wouldn't worry about Sanctuary.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        well, if they're discussing terms, you wanna to that face to face. and, well Amanda is the chief spokesperson for the group. and i think they once said that she did a chunk of the haggling, but i might be misremembering.
        Queen, Sky, queen. or grand empress.

But yeah, AT, DK and MW are the 3 big execs of the show, and they should be front and centre for any serious negotiations, renewal being a big one.

I need a confirmation by Syfy and fast. SGU cancellation rocked my Sanctuary S04 groove!
        Me too. I want to go be to how I was feeling at 12:15, Dec 15. My time, when I heard the unofficial news.

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        I think the writing was on the wall for SGU and there were no rumours about them being in negotiations. For Sanctuary we have solid facts that they are talking about S4, so I wouldn't worry about Sanctuary.
        Mandy, I always worry, yo, always. But yeah, you make sense, at least Syfy said they're negotiating.

Comment

And SGU's viewer numbers were not as good as SANCTUARY. They were barely making 1 million viewers. SANCTUARY this season has been staying in the range of 1.3 to 1.5 million, which is consistent with the last two seasons. So, I hope this is good news!
          sigpic
          || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't worry about Sanctuary either, their ratings are just marginally under what they were getting when they were renewed last year and got extra episodes ordered
            -

Comment

I reckon that Sanctuary has HUGE potential to go further. It's not limited in where it can go. Unfortunately SGU was primarily stuck on a ship and we've kinda seen that on ST:Voyager...the concept of Sanctuary is so new and so much more out there. Just MHO.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                I reckon that Sanctuary has HUGE potential to go further. It's not limited in where it can go. Unfortunately SGU was primarily stuck on a ship and we've kinda seen that on ST:Voyager...the concept of Sanctuary is so new and so much more out there. Just MHO.
                The interview portion of Christopher Heyerdahl in this behind the scenes clip at 3:34 explains this potential so well

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                  The interview portion of Christopher Heyerdahl in this behind the scenes clip at 3:34 explains this potential so well
                  Yes! My friend and I were just talking about how much has happened in the last 100 years of U.S. history. Like Chris said, this show covers over 100 years of WORLD history. There are so many interesting places that it can be taken. I think the sci-fi genre needs more shows like this (and like Eureka and Warehouse 13). I love Star Trek, but like Amanda said, sci-fi really is whatever stretches the imagination. At first I didn't like that SyFy changed the spelling of their name, but it does make sense, as does their slogan: "Imagine Greater." I just LOVE this show!
                  sigpic
                  || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Don't be worried... its Damian, Amanda and Martin....on second thoughts...
                    sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Well actually a few days ago there was a tweet saying that SGU had been renewed. But Syfy said it wasnt true and with Sanctuary they are in negotiations. Still, rocked my world. Why not move it to Fridays? It did pretty well there. I doubt Syfy can get a show that will do well on Tuesdays and Thursdays Fall time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        Well even stuck on a ship they had a 5 year plan.

Comment

Well even stuck on a ship they had a 5 year plan.
                          So I heard!! I really did like the show but I can understand folks not liking it and sadly, it's end really isn't as big a surprise as SG1's ending.

Can't wait for the "official" confirmation of season 4 for Sanctuary.
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

for those interested in the first part of my con report and photos from the gate to the sanctuary con:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...1#post12170587
                            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I watched this for the first time the other day (i know im way behind the times ) and it just seemed like the cast of SGA got changed and decided to do something else

Comment

Originally posted by iloveteyla View Post
                                I watched this for the first time the other day (i know im way behind the times ) and it just seemed like the cast of SGA got changed and decided to do something else
                                O.o

Comment

Working...
                                X