Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    That's my Sally.

But how did you know about SGU's ratings?
    She probably knows by reading the SGU Season 2 ratings and predictions thread.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
      I'm guessing Sally's been reading Joe's blog
      not so much. he only focuses on sgu now, and that's not my cup of tea.

i'm reading the sgu ratings thread.

so any thoughts on this issue, jumble? i'd love to hear what others have to say.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Maybe if you took your question to the ratings thread you'd find people more interested in discussing that aspect of the show.
        so what if i ask it here? sanctuary fans read *here* too.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          Yesterday you said 2 things it has going for it, and remember when we learned it was staying on Fridays, a lot of people wrote down the pros of why Friday is a better night than Tuesday. If Sanctuary had aired on Tuesday night, it could be like SGU, but Syfy feels the show would be better off on Fridays. Also on this thread, it was made clear SGU and Caprica were put on Tuesdays because it needs help, and Syfy doesn't think Sanctuary needs help in the ratings department.

But I know how you feel, the past 2 seasons I worried every single episode because of the ratings, but it worked out well in the end. Rest assured, I'll be worrying twice as much this season since it's longer.

Comment

I didn't say you couldn't ask it here I merely pointed out (seeing as no one was interested enough to reply here) that you might find people more interested in discussing the ratings on the ratings thread. Ask there and you might get an answer to your question.
            -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
              I didn't say you couldn't ask it here I merely pointed out (seeing as no one was interested enough to reply here) that you might find people more interested in discussing the ratings on the ratings thread. Ask there and you might get an answer to your question.
              how about, for the sake of debate, you try answering my question 'here'?

and where IS everyone? the sanct fans playing on some other forum?
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Why? You KNOW my reply will be very involved with lots of details that will probably bore the pants off everyone because they aren't interested in ratings talk. That's one of the reasons that the topic has it's very own thread
                -

Comment

On the SGU S2 ratings thread
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                    On the SGU S2 ratings thread
                    are you there for the same reasons i go there?

(b/c i feel sanct and sgu's ratings are closely related. they both started off strong, then fell. but sgu's are 'really' low... that's what scares me)
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

(b/c i feel sanct and sgu's ratings are closely related. they both started off strong, then fell. but sgu's are 'really' low... that's what scares me)
                      Sanctuary won't have the same competition, so I think they will do better. also as mentioned before, they have the Wrestling lead in, which may bring a few more new viewers who won't be bothered to change the channel
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Sanctuary won't have the same competition, so I think they will do better. also as mentioned before, they have the Wrestling lead in, which may bring a few more new viewers who won't be bothered to change the channel
                        that sounds good.

thanks for contributing.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

They were were related, but things have changed. That's when they were both on Friday nights, now SGU is with Caprica on Tuesdays. Tuesdays have some big shows on, like NCIS, and so on, so it has more competition. A friend even told me "nothings on Fridays", plus Sanctuary has a "big" ratings show as a lead-in, wrestling.

Both SGU and Caprica were put on Tuesdays to help each other out, and Syfy doesn't believe Sanctuary needs the help, not yet anyway. Again, things are different now, come Oct we'll see, but I like to think the show is better off on Fridays, and if it aired on Tuesday, it could have been bad, lots of people said so when it was announced it was moving to Tuesdays.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                            They were were related, but things have changed. That's when they were both on Friday nights, now SGU is with Caprica on Tuesdays. Tuesdays have some big shows on, like NCIS, and so on, so it has more competition. A friend even told me "nothings on Fridays", plus Sanctuary has a "big" ratings show as a lead-in, wrestling.

Both SGU and Caprica were put on Tuesdays to help each other out, and Syfy doesn't believe Sanctuary needs the help, not yet anyway. Again, things are different now, come Oct we'll see, but I like to think the show is better off on Fridays, and if it aired on Tuesday, it could have been bad, lots of people said so when it was announced it was moving to Tuesdays.
                            Your speculating the facts a little to much. Their is more then one reason why SyFy would keep Sanctuary on Friday
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Your speculating the facts a little to much. Their is more then one reason why SyFy would keep Sanctuary on Friday
                              What's the other reason?
                              sigpic
                              A poor, struggling fanfic author...*holds cup out for reads and reviews*...chat w/me on Twitter or read fic here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nocleversig or on SFF.net

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Like...

Comment

Working...
                                X