Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Ok, I'm tired. At first I read this that you *are a fly* I'm thinking fly on the wall? Jeff Goldblum--"The Fly" ?

could you see Sam and Janet watching "The Fly"--either version and heckling it?
    Hehe...sometimes I wish I was a fly on the wall. So much to eavesdrop on!

On second thought though, my kitty cornered one next to my patio doors this afternoon and I'm not quite certain it made it out of that predicament alive.

I don't know about Sam and Janet watching 'The Fly' as it was a rather silly movie overall. Maybe, as you say, for boredom's sake after either had a really bad day at the SGC as it's quite easy to make fun of and doing so would direct their frustrations out in another direction.

Comment

Re the commentaries I think what they've been doing for most of them, with an actor (Amanda) writer (Damian) and director (Martin), works quite well to give it a much more balanced perspective of the process of making the episode than if done from, say a lighting director, (been there, done that, and was bored silly).

One of the things I like in particular is that they're willing to admit mistakes and point out where something didn't work as well as it meant to, as well as their intentions behind the things that did work. Not to mention they sound like they're having fun being there.

Comment

Can anyone point me in the direction of the games that were on syfy? The ones that Amanda referenced in Veritas with the frogs and the red listers. I know they were on the Sanctuary page but I can't find them now. I suppose they have been removed though.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
          Can anyone point me in the direction of the games that were on syfy? The ones that Amanda referenced in Veritas with the frogs and the red listers. I know they were on the Sanctuary page but I can't find them now. I suppose they have been removed though.
          The only Sanctuary-related game on Syfy is 'Nubbing Huntin' as far as I know right now. Not sure where the others ones you mentioned are located. Here's the link to the games section.

http://gamecenter.syfy.com/games/nubbinhunt/

Have fun zapping those fur balls!

Comment

Thank's Cel, unfortunately that's not it. There were a few features that the cast had done and I think there were due to be more, were you could explore the Sanctuary as a new recruit ( IIRC I remember one small snippet with Robin Dunn in the infirmary) and I know one of them involved the red listers.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
              Here ya go- http://www.spacecast.com/shows/sanctuaryandbeyond.aspx

Comment

Just for information, Sanctuary (both season 1 and season 2 episodes) will return to Syfy (US) on March 15 - season one airing Tuesdays at 3am, and season two airing Fridays at 5am. Set your DVR's!

Here's the schedule:

3/16/2010 03:00 AM SANCTUARY FATA MORGANA
                3/19/2010 05:00 AM SANCTUARY, S2 END OF NIGHTS - PART I
                3/23/2010 03:00 AM SANCTUARY FOLDING MAN
                3/26/2010 05:00 AM SANCTUARY, S2 END OF NIGHTS - PART II
                3/30/2010 03:00 AM SANCTUARY KUSH
                4/06/2010 03:00 AM SANCTUARY NUBBINS
                4/09/2010 05:00 AM SANCTUARY, S2 EULOGY
                4/13/2010 03:00 AM SANCTUARY THE FIVE
                4/16/2010 05:00 AM SANCTUARY, S2 HERO
                4/20/2010 03:00 AM SANCTUARY EDWARD
                4/23/2010 05:00 AM SANCTUARY, S2 PAVOR NACTURNUS
                4/27/2010 03:00 AM SANCTUARY REQUIEM
                4/30/2010 05:00 AM SANCTUARY, S2 FRAGMENTS

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                  Ooh, Space. Sorry Mousie, didn't know the link for what you were looking for was here. You referenced Syfy so that's where I went a'looking.

Glad you found the correct linkage too Rocky as though the game didn't hold my interest really, there was an advert for 'Sanctuary and Beyond' mobile app for my Blackberry that made me pause to consider happily. I can watch interviews and behind the scene footage of Sanctuary already through the tv section on my phone, but this was something I think a bit different that I might need to check out. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                    I don't know about Sam and Janet watching 'The Fly' as it was a rather silly movie overall. Maybe, as you say, for boredom's sake after either had a really bad day at the SGC as it's quite easy to make fun of and doing so would direct their frustrations out in another direction.
                    Sam has been known to pick apart Sci fi movies. But for a minute I forgot what thread I was in. I should have asked about Magnus.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      Sam has been known to pick apart Sci fi movies. But for a minute I forgot what thread I was in. I should have asked about Magnus.
                      How could you get them mixed up

They don't look anything alike
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                        Just for information, Sanctuary (both season 1 and season 2 episodes) will return to Syfy (US) on March 15 - season one airing Tuesdays at 3am, and season two airing Fridays at 5am. Set your DVR's!

Here's the schedule:

(snipped)
                        AM?!

syfy has that much to show through the day that they can only put sanctuary on at this ridiculous time?
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

You know what I would like to see in a future episode, not want, but would like to see? I'd like to see Helen have a discussion with someone and she accidentally slips something out, suggesting she's older than she actually is.

*Helen and Will are in an old woman's house for... whatever reason*

Woman: Who you two like a drink?

Helen and Will: No thanks.

*Helen sees a miniature model of a 1920's car on a shelf*

Helen: I'm sorry, but is this a model of a 1926 Chrysler Imperial?

Woman: Yes that's right, you know your cars, sweetheart.

Helen: Yes I should, I used to own one, I bought it hot of the line.

*Woman laughs* Oh my, honey, I think you're a little too young for that.

Helen: Hmm, I mean, my great, great grandmother bought one. That's what I meant.

If you guys could write a scene like that, what would you want to happen?

Comment

Shooting dates for S3 are currently listed as 15 March to 2 November.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              AM?!

syfy has that much to show through the day that they can only put sanctuary on at this ridiculous time?
                              Well, you know, there is a high unemployment rate in this country. Apparently the monkey they hired to do their scheduling works for bananas.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

parsifal, once they've shot the dates, will they make fig newtons?

(Sorry, too much sugar tonight.)

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X