Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, sio and i have only ever teased about it, and she uses it to describe herself, however it if offends, i'm sorry, I won't use it. I was just having fun
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      well, sio and i have only ever teased about it, and she uses it to describe herself, however it if offends, i'm sorry, I won't use it. I was just having fun
      Oh, don't worry, I know you only meant it in jest and it doesn't offend me at all. It was only mock horror, hence the Thor face. In fact, in Canada the general feeling is that if we are being criticized by the fanatics like Mr. Limbaugh, we are on the right track.

Back on topic, happy to say that Sanctuary eps resume here on Friday.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
        She also translated Tesla's clinic's name in Sleepers, so it's probable she speaks Spanish as well.
        although even *I* understood that, and I've never studied Spanish.

I do really like the idea of the merfolk. I also hope we see more about the residents' relationship with the staff. Do they consider Helen a friend or just a protector?

Comment

I'd love to see a 'day in the life of the residents'

where will and helen mgiht be off doing something, chuck and sally and the others are there, living their lives, helping out as they can, and we see the story from their eyes and POV

kinda a 'lower decks' story

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            It started with one of the American right wing (searches for a polite Canadian word) ... commentators. Might have been Rush Limbaugh.
            There is no polite word for Rush.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Oh, don't worry, I know you only meant it in jest and it doesn't offend me at all. It was only mock horror, hence the Thor face. In fact, in Canada the general feeling is that if we are being criticized by the fanatics like Mr. Limbaugh, we are on the right track.

Back on topic, happy to say that Sanctuary eps resume here on Friday.
            Right on!
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

We've seen a teeny bit. Chuck helping out around the place, getting the mass influx of new intakes settled and helping out with the feeding in calmer circumstances. The lizard guy 'Steve'? from the first eps going for a shower.
              sigpic

Comment

so intro another resident or two, then show what happens in the house when the others are out monster hunting.

It could be a story for when AT and RD might need some time off and they can have a lighter week because all the story is told by folks listening in or hearing....kinda like TNG's lower decks - which was told from the cadet's perspective, or there was an eps of B5 that focused on two repair guys and what they observed with Ivanova, sheridan, etc.

sigpic

Comment

so intro another resident or two, then show what happens in the house when the others are out monster hunting.

It could be a story for when AT and RD might need some time off and they can have a lighter week because all the story is told by folks listening in or hearing....kinda like TNG's lower decks - which was told from the cadet's perspective, or there was an eps of B5 that focused on two repair guys and what they observed with Ivanova, sheridan, etc.
                  And since they are doing 20 episodes for season 3 that could be the opportunity to do it.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Magnus and Will could even come through a scene, but since it's from the others' point of view, we never find out what they're up to that day. Helen could come through and tell Sally she has to cancel her swim for the day because something has come up. Or Will and Helen could just come rushing through the hallway while 2 residents are conversing.
                    "I wonder what that was all about..."
                    Last edited by jckfan55; 29 January 2010, 11:14 AM. Reason: cursed typo

Comment

right, or chuck is feeding the residents while will and magnus talk in the background, or chuck has to do kate's chores because she has to go and do something

basically the whole episode - maybe barring a epilogue/tag, is from the POV of the residents.

sitting in the kitchen 'did you hear about.....' or they have to clean something up or fix something etc.

sigpic

Comment

here's a funny thing

i'm watching Planet Earth Extreme, and what do they talk about?

vampire squid. creatures that live in the deepest parts of the ocean, that use little glowing bits on their tentacles to trick other creatures into thinking that they're bigger than they are.

no mention of scratching math equations on the sea floor

but it caught my interest

sigpic

Comment

LOL, I caught that too.

Comment

Erica Cerra talked about Sanctuary in an interview with Newsarama :

Nrama: I saw the episode of Sanctuary you were on. Any chance you'll return to that? Or any of the other SyFy shows?

Cerra: You know, I would love to do Sanctuary again! I was trying really hard to not have my character go to jail, because I love their crew and their cast, and Amanda (Tapping) I think is amazing, and I would have been on the show again. I was like, 'Come on guys! That would be great! I'm done on Eureka and I can come on Sanctuary, we can finish working here...' But I don't know that that's going to happen. I would love to say that it's going to happen. You never know. They could always say that my character gets brought out of jail. Amanda and I actually met at Up Fronts in New York...and we hit it off right away. We had a really great rapport. And we got to talking more at the airport, because she and I were taking the same flight...I think she is lovely and I had a really wonderful time on the show. Not only working with her, but being directed by her. She knows what she wants, she's got a great eye and she knows how to get what she wants from her performers. So it was a lot of fun.
                            -

Comment

I'm wondering what people's favorite episodes of S2 are and if there's any pattern as far as who the writers were for those?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                I'm wondering what people's favorite episodes of S2 are and if there's any pattern as far as who the writers were for those?
                                whatever i leave off the list doesn't mean i don't like the eps.

so...

'end of nights, 1 and 2'
                                'eulogy'
                                'pavor nocturnus
                                'veritas'
                                'sleepers'
                                'haunted'

i don't think there's any pattern, other than some great helen stuff in there.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X